The Falkirk FC Thread

All this Dennon Lewis stuff makes me sick to the stomach. Something that was bullshit will hang over us for a very long time now, anytime racism is mentioned our name will go along with that which is sickening.
I'm not surprised Lewis himself is hanging onto it, it detracts from how bloody awful he was at football for the club. 

Yep, it keeps his name (ir)relevant with the press, this one is going to keep going with us thanks to our boards ridiculous statement.

Speaking of them, imo the Vaulks money will let them have another year to try and hero their way out of this, I’ve just got a bad feeling they are here to stay the way this is panning out.

8 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

I saw two strikers yesterday, just to start a rumour, and seeing it worked with the RB one I did before, one used to play for us hibs and Celtic, the other is fishy.

The 1st is just random, however didn’t know he was back in the country, maybe the 2nd one worth a shout?

I seen Connor Sammon no long ago...

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

McKinnon should have had signing strikers as his no,1 priority this window. Zak aside we were shite in that department both under Hartley and McKinnon and it should have been the first thing he addressed.

It just depends on who is available at the time. I reckon we will sign 1 striker permanently then add a few loans for up top. 

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

McKinnon should have had signing strikers as his no,1 priority this window. Zak aside we were shite in that department both under Hartley and McKinnon and it should have been the first thing he addressed.

The problem is you've got to be patient to get strikers of the right calibre.  They don't grow on trees and are more likely to become available nearer the end of the window as their preferred options don't materialise. We're in league one so there isn't a lot to encourage decent strikers to come our way but there is also no point in diving in and signing any old player.

I'm baffled when people come out with this statement. Of course it will have been his number one priority, however, getting a good striker is the hardest thing to do. Any decent striker will be willing to hold off and see what offer they get, because they'll know there is demand for them

10 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Remember we signed Zak just before the deadline so not exactly if great strikers are just floating about without a club.

Its not like hes forgotten ablut it. Hel be working on deals, watching trialists and ironing out loans which always happen later.

14 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

The thing is though, McKinnon could sign Messi, Ronaldo, Harry Kane and Mo Salah and he'd still play with just one up front.