Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

8 hours ago, LatapyBairn said:

This. People on here were wanking themselves silly over the signings last season. I’m not sure how the board were meant to be fortune tellers- and they’d have been flamed for intervening.

f**k sake they admitted themselves how much they fucked up last season by not having someone more football savvy overseeing things. 

If your happy being branded a racist by your own club for no reason then fair enough. (No fucking public apology for that yet btw).

How anyone can stick up for them now is beyond me. 

7 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I’ve just worked out how to put someone on ignore.

A big thanks to Monkey Tennis for helping me persevere enough to work it out......

How do you do it mate? 

G T F

Last reply before putting Edi on ignore.

The absolute minimum for Falkirk should be championship playoffs, any less than that and there should be questions over how the club is run.

We had 2 seasons below that and last year we were rightly relegated as the worst team in the championship. Add to that the myriad of PR disasters by the club in the past few years and I'm amazed you have anyone defending them.

The MSG are supposed to run a football club and we've underperformed for years now, why wouldnt we question them?!

Just ignore Latapy Bairn Without question he is on the board or a close associate trying to infiltrate and influence opinion . The good news it’s not working his views are so obviously biased towards our MSG it’s embarrassing . I know of at least 20 who are boycotting the Season Tickets till they’ve gone. The shares are worthless without the support of the fans let’s ram that down their throats till they choke on their Indian pakorra

Just ignore Latapy Bairn Without question he is on the board or a close associate trying to infiltrate and influence opinion . The good news it’s not working his views are so obviously biased towards our MSG it’s embarrassing . I know of at least 20 who are boycotting the Season Tickets till they’ve gone. The shares are worthless without the support of the fans let’s ram that down their throats till they choke on their Indian pakorra
Hes not on the board ffs....he just talks shite.

1 minute ago, falkirkzombie said:
6 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Hes not on the board ffs....he just talks shite.

a criteria that meets with the boards statements thus far 

Very short sighted there. I'll be renewing mine this week, which is because I don't want to lose my seat. I'd happily wait and pay £30 more, but not at the risk of losing my seat, which I can guarantee will be the same with quite a few others

I have said all along selfishness would always win with some. I don’t mean that to be derogatory merely that other things are more important to some than the long term future. This is one reason the other is the 20/30 quid they will save.

There are more than enough not buying to give the club the message that their days are coming to an end

I have said all along selfishness would always win with some. I don’t mean that to be derogatory merely that other things are more important to some than the long term future. This is one reason the other is the 20/30 quid they will save.

There are more than enough not buying to give the club the message that their days are coming to an end

I was worried a few weeks ago that only a few hundred wouldn’t renew however it’s now looking like a good 1000+ won’t have renewed which tells its own story.

Even if they got to 1500 sold by the end of the EB period, that’s still 1200 who won’t have renewed.

21 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

The shares are worthless without the support of the fans 

Unfortunately that's not true.

The shares are worth whatever the new owners will pay and I doubt the value of that payment will reflect the number of season tickets sold.  

If our next owners are buying the club as a showcase for Indian players - or to make money by building a hotel on the East side - or even razing the place to the ground to build houses on - why would they give a toss how many season tickets holders FFC have?

For me, the argument that withholding money hurts the MSG is wrong. It's a red herring. The MSG won't care because they know they're leaving anyway. And they'll still get money for their shares regardless of what the fans do.

The only effect in the short term might be that cuts have to be made to either the playing budget or the admin staff. It's not going to force the board out.

There’s obviously been other mistakes like the McKinnon tapping up issue. However, these have all been genuine mistakes. The board haven’t done anything to necessitate boycotts of season tickets while negotiations take place.

Lex just f**k off

I totally respect what everyone is doing, and if I was going with a friend, or just myself, then I'd be withholding my season ticket money as well.

I honestly think the MSG will know by now that the fans aren't happy. We can only hope they don't he right thing and f**k off.

I totally get where people are with the boycott etc. I can see where the club have made huge mistakes. On the other hand it all comes down to how we performed on the park last season. If we'd gone up no-one would be protesting. This sack the board/MSG to me is wrong, the bids look like (and I'm not in the know) a bid to turn us into Sunderland's feeder club, an football agent's bid, what could go wrong there?? The Indian bid that could be fantastic or a disaster and the fan's bid, that isn't a bid at all but an attempt to gain 25% of the club and leave the MSG in charge, do people still not renew if we get the fan's bid in place? The board are still in charge, though most don't seem to realise this. To me this is the best long term solution, we have a huge stake in the running and safeguarding the future of falkirk this way! 

1 minute ago, knee jerk reaction said:

I totally get where people are with the boycott etc. I can see where the club have made huge mistakes. On the other hand it all comes down to how we performed on the park last season. If we'd gone up no-one would be protesting. This sack the board/MSG to me is wrong, the bids look like (and I'm not in the know) a bid to turn us into Sunderland's feeder club, an football agent's bid, what could go wrong there?? The Indian bid that could be fantastic or a disaster and the fan's bid, that isn't a bid at all but an attempt to gain 25% of the club and leave the MSG in charge, do people still not renew if we get the fan's bid in place? The board are still in charge, though most don't seem to realise this. To me this is the best long term solution, we have a huge stake in the running and safeguarding the future of falkirk this way! 

From what i have been reading the Sunderland ones have stalled/on the verge of breakdown as the Americans want full control of the club which SD at Sunderland isnt for happening.

It's easy to say if we were promoted we wouldnt be having this protest/boycott but the same times its the whole if my auntie had balls she would be my uncle sort of argument.  The trouble is between the closure of the academy, the whole Mitch scouting and players not being scouted with any due diligence, tapping of RM and the racism allegations and lastly to finish things of the so called threats/text messaging to CC (again if there was anything in that the police would have been involved).

It has been one PR disaster after another the worst of it is they have came out and attacked/blamed the support more than their own failings.

As for the line we need to be sure the club's future is safe that's the first bit of PR spin that basically comes down to if we are'nt getting the right money or making a profit we are'nt moving.

Unfortunately that's not true.
The shares are worth whatever the new owners will pay and I doubt the value of that payment will reflect the number of season tickets sold.  
If our next owners are buying the club as a showcase for Indian players - or to make money by building a hotel on the East side - or even razing the place to the ground to build houses on - why would they give a toss how many season tickets holders FFC have?
For me, the argument that withholding money hurts the MSG is wrong. It's a red herring. The MSG won't care because they know they're leaving anyway. And they'll still get money for their shares regardless of what the fans do.
The only effect in the short term might be that cuts have to be made to either the playing budget or the admin staff. It's not going to force the board out.

Any football club is worthless without its customers.

Nothing will force these out as they are happy to put self interest before club.

That should tell everyone what the sort of people they are.

From what i have been reading the Sunderland ones have stalled/on the verge of breakdown as the Americans want full control of the club which SD at Sunderland isnt for happening.
It's easy to say if we were promoted we wouldnt be having this protest/boycott but the same times its the whole if my auntie had balls she would be my uncle sort of argument.  The trouble is between the closure of the academy, the whole Mitch scouting and players not being scouted with any due diligence, tapping of RM and the racism allegations and lastly to finish things of the so called threats/text messaging to CC (again if there was anything in that the police would have been involved).
It has been one PR disaster after another the worst of it is they have came out and attacked/blamed the support more than their own failings.
As for the line we need to be sure the club's future is safe that's the first bit of PR spin that basically comes down to if we are'nt getting the right money or making a profit we are'nt moving.
This. Leaving people in such a position where they can continue to turn our club into what it is turning into renders it pointless wven having a club. People renewing are clinging on to some idea that "the club" is bigger than the MSG.... Here before them, will be here after them type stuff. Its a romantic notion for sure, but the reality is, these peoples vision for their business does not square with my vision for my club. In their version, I am no more than a customer. So like any sensible customer should, I am withdrawing my money.

13 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Were they that much better off?

MacKinnon obviously came in at a time when a disastrous squad had been assembled.  But he did have a long time, as well as January backing, and Falkirk were only three points adrift or something when he arrived.

He should really have got them off the bottom in all that time surely?

I'm not saying Mckinnon shouldnt have done better.  I think he shgould've kept us up but we'll no more in the coming weeks and months whether he is the man for the job or not now that he has a whole close season to work with.  However, Partick has a far better squad to start with than us.  Mckinnon had to horse out virtually every single player signed in the summer and start again.  Whilst Partick had problems they werent anywhere near as bad as ours and  If the fat millionaires hadn't come up with the dough to fund Scott MacDonald they probably would've gone down.

I certainly don't see the rush to renew at the moment.  The bod are covering the necessary budget costs so the more they have to invest hopefully the quicker they'll be at getting the ownership stuff sorted out so they can get their cash back.  The fact that they have managed to scare off the fans initiative says it all though. Surely if they had the club at heart they would've jumped at this chance to sell to supposed like minded fans like themselves.  If we all run out and buy our season tickets its just a message to the bod to say carry on you're doing a great job. The club has been in a constant state of decline for about ten years now and with this mob in charge god knows where we would be in another ten.

I get what folk are saying about renewing/not renewing, my main reason for not renewing is I want rid of the board as I'm not happy with the way they have run a club that averages just under 5000 fans for home games.

All this stuff about them talking to bidders means nothing to me, until I see concrete evidence that they have sold i.e a statement from the new owners I won't give the club a penny and that includes merchandise and PATG. If they don't leave I am fully prepared to stay away from TFS until they do.

They have been an absolute shambles the past few season and the treatment of the fans has been a disgrace. I agree with those saying to renew gives the impression that things are okay but that is just my opinion.

16 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

The club has been in a constant state of decline for about ten years now and with this mob in charge god knows where we would be in another ten.

Bingo.

I was having a conversation with a more senior Falkirk fan earlier this week and I said to him for me the decline started early 2009.

We signed players on stupid wages with no relegation clauses and watched as the manager and chairman both quit a few weeks later.

I hate to think what the collective salaries of BOB, Scobbie and George Craig were but it was absolutely disgusting for a club our size.

Since the Cup final v Rangers almost every decision made seems to have been a shocker.

23 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

The club has been in a constant state of decline for about ten years now and with this mob in charge god knows where we would be in another ten.

This.

That's why I'm not renewing until I see significant change.