The Falkirk FC Thread

Well, we seem to have gotten one thing right this season. Obviously, Raith Rovers are the other “navy blue” in L1.

Now,  I am way beyond the “buy a strip” demographic, but if we had come up with something similar to what Raith have settled on as their home strip, I’d be wanting someone lynched. It is horrific. My mate in Boro always bangs on about a shit strip means a shit season. If that’s true, then Raith are in big trouble. It basically looks like a Matalan T shirt. What were they thinking?

F5A238CA-F7B7-4AC7-8AD7-8AE7C7F26C32.jpeg

BE3178AB-219D-4EC1-85D2-5AFD13495B1D.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Well, we seem to have gotten one thing right this season. Obviously, Raith Rovers are the other “navy blue” in L1.

Now,  I am way beyond the “buy a strip” demographic, but if we had come up with something similar to what Raith have settled on as their home strip, I’d be wanting someone lynched. It is horrific. My mate in Boro always bangs on about a shit strip means a shit season. If that’s true, then Raith are in big trouble. It basically looks like a Matalan T shirt. What were they thinking?

That's a Sports Direct special that. Does it come with a free giant mug?

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I hadn't seen it in a strip before, but that "swirl" design is on the back of our training shirts this season as well as being on the sleeves of our tracksuit top.

I'm guessing it's a standard puma template.

I hadn't seen it in a strip before, but that "swirl" design is on the back of our training shirts this season as well as being on the sleeves of our tracksuit top.
I'm guessing it's a standard puma template.

Yeah. One of the all too common training t shirt, slap a badge on it and hit folk for 40 quid. Scandalous really.

On 18/06/2019 at 22:13, squeekybairn said:

Falkirk are due a sell-on from the transfer fee, which unconfirmed reports state could rise to as high as £3.5 million after add-ons.

About to sign for Cardiff and the wonder that is Vaulks just keeps on giving.

Anyone have some information on what % we are due from the Will Vaulks sale? Rotherham fans seem to all be quoting 10% tonight.

4 hours ago, GaryDoug said:

To phrase it another way, an accusation has been found to be without merit. 

Or indeed, evidence of any sort.  It used to be a principle that someone was innocent until proven otherwise, but so ma y people have now been conditioned to immediately castigated the accused that anyone taking a second to step back ad wait for the evidence is somehow an apologist. 

I'm not saying 'there was definitely racial abuse aimed at Dennon Lewis on that day', because it's not possible to prove.

Falkirk jumped the gun with their statement, I agree.

2 hours ago, kiddy said:

I see there will be no signing rumours on Tuesday, 2nd July. As Benny T's will be closed on the day of Mr Benny T's funeral (He passed away on Monday).

May there be many more rumours to come, in his memory. RIP Benny.

Wonder if he'll get buried in a giant chip box.

4 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

I'm not saying 'there was definitely racial abuse aimed at Dennon Lewis on that day', because it's not possible to prove.

Falkirk jumped the gun with their statement, I agree.

Only one person in a stand of a good few hundred people of mixed support managed to hear this so called racial abuse says to me he's either made it up completely or misheard something else. Unless of course it was whispered at lewis.

Ex Bairns favourite (cough!) Jack Compton starts his quest for Europa League glory tonight with Barry Town.
What an infuriating player he was.

Thought he was fairy pish but scored one of the best goals I’ve ever seen. Friendly away to Oldham which was randomly played at Northwich Victoria’s ground. Absolutely smashed it into the top corner from about 35 yards.

11 hours ago, Big Sid said:

As someone who has spoken to the 1 fan who was accused of the “Racist slur” I am 100% convinced that what was said was closer to “f**k off back down to the lower leagues in England” a comment said in the heat of anger whilst FFC were toothless against bloody Stenny.

That makes some sense.  As you admit, you're paraphrasing, as am I, but it doesn't require a huge leap to see how something along the lines of "get back to where you came from" could be characterised and interpreted as racist.  At the same time though, it could absolutely be meant in a way that wasn't.

The worst thing about the coverage though isn't even that the allegation is still getting referred to as if it was unequivocally supported, when it clearly hasn't been.  It's that the racism is being portrayed as having come from "fans" plural.  A casual reader would assume there must have been something concerted going on, like racist chanting or singing.  Even if the bloke accused had confessed and been convicted, that would have remained an unfair angle for the reporting.

21 minutes ago, Russ said:

Thought he was fairy pish but scored one of the best goals I’ve ever seen. Friendly away to Oldham which was randomly played at Northwich Victoria’s ground. Absolutely smashed it into the top corner from about 35 yards.

He scored a screamer away to Raith Rovers as well if my memory serves me right.

The one away to Raith Rovers was a cracker too!

Anyone have some information on what % we are due from the Will Vaulks sale? Rotherham fans seem to all be quoting 10% tonight.

20% of the gross fee of £2.1m less what we got in a fee and add on which is around 220k I believe.

So 20% of £1.88m