The Falkirk FC Thread

59 minutes ago, VladimirMooc said:

The fact that other black players weren’t racially abused doesn’t mean that another black player wasn’t, you absolute moron. 

Falkirk fans’ response to this guy seems very similar to Celtic fans’ response to Shay Logan suffering racist abuse from one of their players. Rather than condemning racism they hound the victim. Rank.

If a bunch of white guys on the internet tell a black guy he hasn’t experienced racism I’m sure they’re absolutely right though. Nice one lads. 

Mewling sanctimonious guff.

39 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Lewis claimed that he was abused by Falkirk fans during the cup tie at Ochilview. Despite this alleged abuse nobody in the stand reported it and that included both Stenhousemuir and Falkirk fans. I know some Stenny employees who were present at the game and they have told me that they heard nothing and hadn't heard of any other Stenhousemuir fans claiming otherwise. Indeed, as far as I'm aware, none of the Stenny fans who post on here have claimed that they heard anything either. I find it hard to believe that Lewis could have heard this 'abuse' if nobody else did and how he could have claimed that it was a Falkirk fan who was the perpetrator. It was then suggested that a relative of another player heard the abuse and told Dennon later, which is also hard to fathom as Lewis made the accusation during an after-match interview. It's unlikely that this other player's relative would have told the story before the interview either. Additionally, if this person heard abuse, why did nobody else?

It was all ifs, buts and maybes and unfound allegations but this didn't stop our BOD from immediately condemning the 'perpetrator' and tarring the rest of us with the racist brush! 

My memory isn't the greatest but I don't think lewis made the claim he was racially abused, I think he was told of the allegation later on. He certainly didn't mention it in the post match interview. I'll slag the guy off as a footballer (more the manager's fault for throwing him and the rest into a league they weren't good enough for) but it wasn't him that made the claim there was racist abuse. The guy has had enough non-racist abuse without making out he made up or outright lied about the racist abuse, wasn't his fault the board put out that statement that's still being used to slander (or libel, can't mind which is which) falkirk fans! 

1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

My memory isn't the greatest but I don't think lewis made the claim he was racially abused, I think he was told of the allegation later on. He certainly didn't mention it in the post match interview. I'll slag the guy off as a footballer (more the manager's fault for throwing him and the rest into a league they weren't good enough for) but it wasn't him that made the claim there was racist abuse. The guy has had enough non-racist abuse without making out he made up or outright lied about the racist abuse, wasn't his fault the board put out that statement that's still being used to slander (or libel, can't mind which is which) falkirk fans! 

Slander is verbal and libel is written, so both in this case.

Lewis is a shit footballer with no professional future and he must know it, so the only way out with any dignity for him is to play the victim card. Pretty shabby really, but precedent set by the CEO and board/msg in terms of bullshittery

Edited by Senator Frimpton

7 hours ago, Big Sid said:

So basically Falkirk fans are dragged through the gutter again by the media due to the clubs absolute ineptitude at running their own social media!

There was no racist abuse whatsoever at Ochilview that day but, as they say “Shit sticks”

Said at the time that unless the BOD issue an official statement correcting the accusation and apologizing for what they had claimed then this would then go down as factual.

Heard them discussing racism in football on BBC Sportsound & Tom English used Falkirk as an example of racist supporters. No one outside of Falkirk knows it did not happen which is a shocking situation.

Above all else this was the BOD's biggest crime for me and a mealy mouthed low key apology from Lang to a handful of people is basically an insult.   

7 hours ago, VladimirMooc said:

The fact that other black players weren’t racially abused doesn’t mean that another black player wasn’t, you absolute moron. 

Falkirk fans’ response to this guy seems very similar to Celtic fans’ response to Shay Logan suffering racist abuse from one of their players. Rather than condemning racism they hound the victim. Rank.

If a bunch of white guys on the internet tell a black guy he hasn’t experienced racism I’m sure they’re absolutely right though. Nice one lads. 

I dare say he has faced rascism over his career but in this circumstance i would say the chances of the shout being "Lewis your shite" is more the probably thing he heard and rather than taking it as abuse for actually being shite he has assumed it was for his colour and not his actual playing ability.

The attendance that day was 2,050 and for the only person to have heard it being the player himself none of the other media picked up on it till  the club statement and i think if rascism was rife in the Falkirk support there would be more than just an isolated case over the years and a pattern would have emerged.

Oh nice touch with the name calling by the way shows you for what you really are.

He didn't hear anything during the match. It was only after he met up with his family member (brother) who claimed to have heard it from people around him in the stand that the whole thing came to light. Lewis complained to the club and the club immediately released this statement -

Falkirk FC is extremely disappointed to learn of racist abuse directed at Dennon Lewis by its own supporters during Saturday’s match against Stenhousemuir.

As a club, we wholeheartedly condemn the abuse received by Dennon and will work to identify those responsible.

The individuals in question were in the Main Stand of Ochilview Park on Saturday and anyone with any information is urged to contact the club on 01324 624121 in strictest confidence.

Racist abuse towards anyone is simply unacceptable and will absolutely not be tolerated by Falkirk Football Club.

Further to this, there has been a growing number of unacceptable incidents of abuse by Falkirk fans towards members of staff and players at our club.

We have a duty of care towards our players and our staff and while we do appreciate that this season has fallen well below where we all hoped we would be, it is entirely unacceptable for supporters to abuse our players and staff. Many of these extremely personal attacks on individuals have been both verbal and online.

The vast majority of Falkirk supporters have been exemplary in their behaviour and following of the team throughout what has to date been a difficult season for us all. It is in times like these that we must all pull together and continue to support Ray and his team in climbing the Ladbrokes Championship table.

This was before a police investigation which found one fan, one single fan, had been giving Lennon pelters but it was swearing and insults, not racist abuse. 

A Falkirk supporter has been issued with a police warning after being charged with breach of the peace for verbally abusing Dennon Lewis.

But police say there was insufficient evidence to prove racist intent.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46510687

There was no racist abuse.

The last five pages have been delightful, they really have, but can we sign a couple of players today? 

I've never watched that love island bollocks. Surely Lewis is in the normal one, because he's certain no celebrity? Unless it's a very low bar. 

We will not sign anyone until we have a club secretary  in place We have  been burn like that before deals can be struck but registration of new players is a bit of a problem

I’m fucking raging all over again about that statement.
Unbelievable.
Same here.
The other part of that statement that boils my blood is when they go on to say that there has been an increase in other members if staff suffering from abuse.
That was not the time or place to bring that up.... they put themselves up as victims.
It's the football industry you fuckin morons...totally different from any other.
Go wrap yourselves up in cotton wool and live on a remote island.
Rant over for now.

I can see why the club wanted to adopt a hard line, whilst in the belief that this had actually happened.

The fact that they then try to tie in general abuse people had been receiving because of the football, just smacks of opportunism though.  

I can see why the club wanted to adopt a hard line, whilst in the belief that this had actually happened.
The fact that they then try to tie in general abuse people had been receiving because of the football, just smacks of opportunism though.  
Totally.
If it had have happened then to add as you say general abuse is morally so wrong.... then again, our board have no morals as they have frequently shown.
They were pretty quick in releasing that statement which tells you that they are quick to lay the blame... unless its them who are at fault then they seem to be very, very quiet.

I remember reading that statement and being utterly fizzing at the time, accusing a supporter of a crime before the police investigation.  I remember being livid still when I learned the chap was found innocent and the club had falsely accused him to the national media. 

To be arrested at the weekend, flung in the cells, questioned by police, branded a racist and having been falsely accused all on the back of a fucking inept statement from the board who saw this as an opportunity to filter out the hatred towards them, makes me remember how much I want them fucking out and now. Still no public apology. Considering we had a lawyer on the board it's fucking mind blowing that the glaikit bitch wouldn't realise the ramifications of falsely accusing someone before he is found guilty of a crime, or even before the police have started to investigate. 

I sincerely hope the guy accused of this is sat there trying to sue the c***s for simply calling a shite footballer, shite. 

1 hour ago, Gus2 said:

We will not sign anyone until we have a club secretary  in place We have  been burn like that before deals can be struck but registration of new players is a bit of a problem

That's not accurate. The football admin person deals with all the paperwork and registers the transfers via FIFA's online TMS system.

The fact his career in a year has went from English premiership club, to Scottish Championship to Vanarama national League South (couldnt get a game there) to Wealdstone same league so in a year he has effectively been round 4 clubs and released from 3 of them, that tells its own story of how good a player he is.