The Falkirk FC Thread

13 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Were they that much better off?

MacKinnon obviously came in at a time when a disastrous squad had been assembled.  But he did have a long time, as well as January backing, and Falkirk were only three points adrift or something when he arrived.

He should really have got them off the bottom in all that time surely?

I'm not saying Mckinnon shouldnt have done better.  I think he shgould've kept us up but we'll no more in the coming weeks and months whether he is the man for the job or not now that he has a whole close season to work with.  However, Partick has a far better squad to start with than us.  Mckinnon had to horse out virtually every single player signed in the summer and start again.  Whilst Partick had problems they werent anywhere near as bad as ours and  If the fat millionaires hadn't come up with the dough to fund Scott MacDonald they probably would've gone down.

I certainly don't see the rush to renew at the moment.  The bod are covering the necessary budget costs so the more they have to invest hopefully the quicker they'll be at getting the ownership stuff sorted out so they can get their cash back.  The fact that they have managed to scare off the fans initiative says it all though. Surely if they had the club at heart they would've jumped at this chance to sell to supposed like minded fans like themselves.  If we all run out and buy our season tickets its just a message to the bod to say carry on you're doing a great job. The club has been in a constant state of decline for about ten years now and with this mob in charge god knows where we would be in another ten.

I get what folk are saying about renewing/not renewing, my main reason for not renewing is I want rid of the board as I'm not happy with the way they have run a club that averages just under 5000 fans for home games.

All this stuff about them talking to bidders means nothing to me, until I see concrete evidence that they have sold i.e a statement from the new owners I won't give the club a penny and that includes merchandise and PATG. If they don't leave I am fully prepared to stay away from TFS until they do.

They have been an absolute shambles the past few season and the treatment of the fans has been a disgrace. I agree with those saying to renew gives the impression that things are okay but that is just my opinion.

16 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

The club has been in a constant state of decline for about ten years now and with this mob in charge god knows where we would be in another ten.

Bingo.

I was having a conversation with a more senior Falkirk fan earlier this week and I said to him for me the decline started early 2009.

We signed players on stupid wages with no relegation clauses and watched as the manager and chairman both quit a few weeks later.

I hate to think what the collective salaries of BOB, Scobbie and George Craig were but it was absolutely disgusting for a club our size.

Since the Cup final v Rangers almost every decision made seems to have been a shocker.

23 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

The club has been in a constant state of decline for about ten years now and with this mob in charge god knows where we would be in another ten.

This.

That's why I'm not renewing until I see significant change. 

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Unfortunately that's not true.

The shares are worth whatever the new owners will pay and I doubt the value of that payment will reflect the number of season tickets sold.  

If our next owners are buying the club as a showcase for Indian players - or to make money by building a hotel on the East side - or even razing the place to the ground to build houses on - why would they give a toss how many season tickets holders FFC have?

For me, the argument that withholding money hurts the MSG is wrong. It's a red herring. The MSG won't care because they know they're leaving anyway. And they'll still get money for their shares regardless of what the fans do.

The only effect in the short term might be that cuts have to be made to either the playing budget or the admin staff. It's not going to force the board out.

That’s on the assumption that they will sell up, which I believe a few are reluctant to do at the moment? There is no guarantee that they will sell is there? Incompetence has already lost them at least 3 of the bids that were on the table. If they are in charge next season then surly the only way to send them a message is to starve them of cash. At the moment there are at least 6 of us that aren't renewing ST's, sponsoring or giving any cash to the club until change has happened. I am in the heart will more than likely rule over head come the start of the season however at the moment it's a firm no from me until I see how this plays out. That said to those that have renewed for various reasons fair play to you all for persevering with the current regime.  

At this moment the only thing the season ticket protest is doing is stopping the attempts to build a team to get us promoted. If anyone thinks that this will affect the decisions of the MSG are kidding themselves. What happens with the MSG will happen regardless.

At this moment the only thing the season ticket protest is doing is stopping the attempts to build a team to get us promoted. If anyone thinks that this will affect the decisions of the MSG are kidding themselves. What happens with the MSG will happen regardless.

Yes, we’ve been starved of new signings on two year contracts recently haven’t we?

I am hearing that the wonderful people in the Boardroom and MSG have organised the EGM that has been called for 10am on a Friday morning.

Some of us are looking past the need for immediate promotion to see what we think may happen if that is allowed to be used as a smokscreen of "success" by the current board.

Currently we are Falkirk FC in name only with loyal fans being treated like shite by those who really define what Falkirk FC is. Quite frankly I have too much dignity to be treated like that and fork out cash in response.

Some of us want to get back to having a club that respects its fans and as such, are willing to harm whatever this shambling entity is in order to get there.

Why are people not understanding that you cant get rid of business people in charge of a business by handing them business success on a plate in the form of blindly buying their product regardless of the prodict quality, or the customer care that goes with it.

They dont fucking respect us. Least we can do is respect ourselves.

18 minutes ago, brokeville said:

The managers budget has already been set and the bod have stated they are covering the cost of added investment required to give the manager a bigger budget before the club changes hands.  Not renewing my season ticket is doing nothing to change that. 

9 minutes ago, Steven Mill Out said:

Something to do with the letter of no confidence that the Herald reported on you reckon?

Apparently they are legally obliged to call the meeting. As BPM predicted, they have called it for 10am on a weekday morning in the hope/belief that in doing so, they will make it as difficult as possible for any dissenting voices to attend.

Is it disrespectful to their shareholders? Of course it is, but that should come as a surprise to no-one.

Apparently they are legally obliged to call the meeting. As BPM predicted, they have called it for 10am on a weekday morning in the hope/belief that in doing so, they will make it as difficult as possible for any dissenting voices to attend.
Is it disrespectful to their shareholders? Of course it is, but that should come as a surprise to no-one.
Add actual shareholders in their business to people they are willing to shaft then.

I totally get where people are with the boycott etc. I can see where the club have made huge mistakes. On the other hand it all comes down to how we performed on the park last season. If we'd gone up no-one would be protesting. This sack the board/MSG to me is wrong, the bids look like (and I'm not in the know) a bid to turn us into Sunderland's feeder club, an football agent's bid, what could go wrong there?? The Indian bid that could be fantastic or a disaster and the fan's bid, that isn't a bid at all but an attempt to gain 25% of the club and leave the MSG in charge, do people still not renew if we get the fan's bid in place? The board are still in charge, though most don't seem to realise this. To me this is the best long term solution, we have a huge stake in the running and safeguarding the future of falkirk this way! 

Sorry but the fans bid was to gain 70% of the club and the same people bid to remove the 62% holding the MSG had on the steer from the MSG.

They have been duplicitous ever since they were caught completely off guard when the pledges flew in just after the launch.