The Falkirk FC Thread

22 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

No danger we will sell over 1000 this week. Last season at the same time we had sold 1300 more and only ended up with 2700

I Thot we had over 3000 season ticket holders and ticket number 1876 was bought before early bird last year.

We still will drop by at least a third more to do with manager and board.

If it wasn't my drug, I'd honestly have gave up because of Ray more than the board

I Thot we had over 3000 season ticket holders and ticket number 1876 was bought before early bird last year.

We still will drop by at least a third more to do with manager and board.

If it wasn't my drug, I'd honestly have gave up because of Ray more than the board

IMO the early bird will finish at c1200 and unless there is change the final number will struggle to get above 1500.

I personally decided over the weekend I won’t attend home games and wont renew my sponsorship without change. However we still have 5 weeks until the season starts and it could all change. If I have to pay £20 more it will be £20 well spent

7 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Partick were nowhere near in as big a mess as we were when caldwell came in and yet still struggled badly for most of the season.  Juries still out kn mckinnon and only a championship win will be good enough this season.

Were they that much better off?

MacKinnon obviously came in at a time when a disastrous squad had been assembled.  But he did have a long time, as well as January backing, and Falkirk were only three points adrift or something when he arrived.

He should really have got them off the bottom in all that time surely?

IMG_1561486942.881967.jpg

Almost a year to the day and we are currently 1000 DOWN on that figure.

There is always a surge of renewals on the run up to the EB finishing but from what I see/read on social media it feels like there are plenty who are not renewing until that lot disappear.

Will happily pay the full price ST price when that happens.

13 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

IMO the early bird will finish at c1200 and unless there is change the final number will struggle to get above 1500.

I personally decided over the weekend I won’t attend home games and wont renew my sponsorship without change. However we still have 5 weeks until the season starts and it could all change. If I have to pay £20 more it will be £20 well spent

Overall I think we will be down by a third, I was correct 1876 was bought afore end of early bird which is good for my memory considering I couldn't remember if I paid the bill last week in the place I frequent often in Portugal.

We were always gonna be down on numbers this season, more to do with the product on the park. 12 month on and I am going into a season with a manager I don't trust

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Overall I think we will be down by a third, I was correct 1876 was bought afore end of early bird which is good for my memory considering I couldn't remember if I paid the bill last week in the place I frequent often in Portugal.

We were always gonna be down on numbers this season, more to do with the product on the park. 12 month on and I am going into a season with a manager I don't trust

It's not Hartley and the day RM does go i wouldnt mind them taking a punt on Joe McLaughlin as next manager.

You are not correct. The above post shows 1893 before the early bird. It was over 2100

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You are not correct. The above post shows 1893 before the early bird. It was over 2100

I stated 1876 was bought afore early bird, last I checked 1876 was before 2100

Anyone that has renewed (or bought new kits) before that lot are gone should be embarrassed. And for the sake of £20?! Happy-clappers that are only interested in an afternoon out. Complete short-termism that's not helping the club in the slightest.

4 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

How the hell did we sell so many season tickets this time last season when everyone knew how bad we were going to be? Oh sorry, it was just the board who were meant to be fortune tellers and see last season coming in advance...

Do we really need to go through all the boards failings again?

28 minutes ago, PG.Colossus said:

Anyone that has renewed (or bought new kits) before that lot are gone should be embarrassed. And for the sake of £20?! Happy-clappers that are only interested in an afternoon out. Complete short-termism that's not helping the club in the slightest.

I disagree with this and take a bit of offence you think I'm a happy clapper.. That being said I understand and respect your views without the need to insult. 

10 hours ago, MrDust said:

2 wins in your last 16 league games, surely doesn't suggest everything is fine

Everything sure as Hell wasn't fine.

We've had the sense to ditch our manager though.  With a bit of luck we'll be better than we finished.  Struggling again is a possibility of course, but your earlier post made it sound like the third tier was the natural level to which we'd inevitably return.  There's little evidence for seeing it that way.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:
Nah, we were full-time then.  
It's true that Rangers' signings, particularly soon after the re-birth, were ludicrously extravagant and expensive for their new level.  
Clark however, was a fairly sensible, if not especially successful signing.

We are crowd wanking now. Your input is certainly not required on that. Specially after your wee paddy you had over Telfer getting it a wee bit out in a brief anecdotal mention.

I mentioned the error on a thread devoted to the programme.  Obviously, as is customary, I was quite right.

Silly people like yourself have since described my reaction as "worked up", "knicker wetting" and now a "paddy".

How foolish.

I mentioned the error on a thread devoted to the programme.  Obviously, as is customary, I was quite right.
Silly people like yourself have since described my reaction as "worked up", "knicker wetting" and now a "paddy".
How foolish.

Shut up bore