The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Never said we would get them, but I'd have serious reservations if Denny Johnstone is leading our line or El bak. You can see the headline in most games, "it's all Falkirk but they just can't score" 

Don't think El Bak is a 'leading the line' type TBH and we'll need that kind of striker because he's going to be up there on his own.

10 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Partick linked with every man and their dug just now. How long before they realise that its the manager that's their biggest problem?

Could be worse.

Could be persevering with a manager that failed to keep them up.

5 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

I don't think rangers signed any league one or two standard players never mind part time. If you have a decent example though I will stand corrected.

They signed Nicky Clark from us on the strength of his season in the third tier.

Never said we would get them, but I'd have serious reservations if Denny Johnstone is leading our line or El bak. You can see the headline in most games, "it's all Falkirk but they just can't score" 

I don’t disagree with having concerns over both of those players due to injuries/recent form. Time will tell who we can get to fill the number 9 void, but there isn’t as many obvious candidates for this position.

Should have went a lot further in the game with the talent he had.
I played boys club with him before celtic signed him from us at around age 12 and he used to score over 100 goals a season as a striker. He was miles better than the whole league at that age.

Hard to believe his career fell so drastically from playing with me to starring for Falkirk.

7 hours ago, Rocco said:

I very much doubt Rangers will want Rudden playing league 1 football

Space for him at Queens where he Could learn from the best player in the Championship... 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

This Rudden any good? Bit of a tall, strong type isn’t he? Exactly what I think we need! We seem to have a good relationship with Rangers with regards loan players (seem to have at least one a season) and the McGlynn factor always seems to allow us to punch a little above our weight with incoming loans. We really need some strikers and he would fit the bill.

16 minutes ago, port-ton said:

I played boys club with him before celtic signed him from us at around age 12 and he used to score over 100 goals a season as a striker. He was miles better than the whole league at that age.

Hard to believe his career fell so drastically from playing with me to starring for Falkirk.

Not as hard to believe that playing with Mark Millar when you were twelve is the highlight of your life though...

12 minutes ago, Enigma said:

This Rudden any good? Bit of a tall, strong type isn’t he? Exactly what I think we need! We seem to have a good relationship with Rangers with regards loan players (seem to have at least one a season) and the McGlynn factor always seems to allow us to punch a little above our weight with incoming loans. We really need some strikers and he would fit the bill.

He would score goals for fun in league 1. No offence but if he isn't signing for us in this league there is no chance he will sign for Raith. It's just the way it is. He is also injured.  On another note is Vaughan still under contract with you lot? 

Edited by ebobsboy

5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Leaving aside the obvious windup attempt, Rangers were always very clear with us regarding their plans for Rudden. He was planned to play a season on loan in  the Championship, a season on loan in the Premiership and if he did well in both he'd then be expected to challenge for a first team place at Ibrox.

You'ld have no chance of getting him even if he weren't going to be out injured for the next 3 or 4 months.

If you want a player with Championship experience - go for anyone at Morton or QOS. Taking players from them is as easy as taking sweeties from a wean.  They just can't compete with the big boys. :thumsup2

He would score goals for fun in league 1. No offence but if he isn't signing for us in this league there is no chance he will sign for Raith. It's just the way it is. He is also injured.  On another note is Vaughan still under contract with you lot? 

Would be fun if he did though, eh?

Vaughan under contract? Very much so.

4 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

They signed Nicky Clark from us on the strength of his season in the third tier.

Tbf anyone can take players from Queens, feeder club who will be back to league one soon enough.

Hopefully we don't pass ye by, good day out

5 hours ago, MrDust said:

Tbf anyone can take players from Queens, feeder club who will be back to league one soon enough.

It's possible, but I don't see much basis for being sure we're heading "back" to a division we've only been in once during the last eighteen seasons.