The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
Strikers today then lads aye?

Carmichael is what I heard the other day. Probably still do a job at League 1 if he stays fit.

Christ every player we're linked with at the moment seems to have the caveat of 'if he stays fit'.

39 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
Strikers today then lads aye?

Carmichael is what I heard the other day. Probably still do a job at League 1 if he stays fit.

If he's half as good as the last player we got from Workington we'll take him. But we need pace and I don't see a 28 year old injury ridden player filling that quota.(unless he's Davie Weatherston he was an exception)

21 minutes ago, Trump said:

Hearing Toshney will be signed on a one year deal as cover for centre half and right back. Smallish wage but more for appearance fees etc.

Looking at Rory McKeown who was most recently at Morton, left back.

Denny Johnstone, Hippolyte and El Bak are being considered for forward options.

Fits the bill of played with Ray at Morton + Raith.

19 minutes ago, Trump said:

Hearing Toshney will be signed on a one year deal as cover for centre half and right back. Smallish wage but more for appearance fees etc.

Would much rather see us sign a young defender who we have a chance of developing this year with the view of making them a starter next season but Toshney's an easy option.

McKeown's more than good enough as cover he could even push Dixon for a starting spot.

Denny Johnstone on a years deal with the option of another year then i'm happy enough. El Bak and Hippo i'd be more than happy with as they can both play on the wing and in behind the striker if needed.

2 hours ago, Trump said:

Wid love aw 3 tbh.

Checked Denny Johnstone's wiki and looks lit a lad who had potential. Maybe he just needs a year scoring goals and finding confidence in L1.

Always impressed with McKeown at Raith and cant really mind him from Morton last season but he’d be a good signing. Got an absolute belter of a throw on him too iirc.

Would love Hippo back presuming we’re signing him as a winger. He’s a typical winger at our level sometimes he flatters to deceive or drifts out of games but he’s capable of winning games on his own. Decent finisher, again his long throws are an asset, 2 good feet and his final ball is good. As a striker though? meh. As for El Bakhtaoui as shite as he was for the pars last season he ripped League 1 last time he was here so aye he’d be a good singing.

With Toshney I’d rather we didn’t but he was always going to be singing. Ray loves him. Suppose he is cover for right-back, centre-back and centre mid but I really can’t see him staying fit.

19 hours ago, mic_17_uk said:
On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 12:08, Rizzo said:
Preparing to give an opinion of the last few pages of this thread.
64688518_3068804253129667_4930910996005912576_n.thumb.jpg.f52926d2ba01dbf31d35bf3ca339f648.jpg

Can someone turn this into a happy dancing gif, please?

A face that say's thank god I never need to set foot in Greenock ever again!!

5 minutes ago, Falkirkfan6871 said:

Denny Johnstone what a joke we need someone who is a prolific goal scorer not someone who can’t get a game for Morton. Hippolyte, Kenny Miller and another winger need signed. 

Casting the rod out?