The Falkirk FC Thread

That’s a few people now who have said Doyle is better at CB than RB. Please not again.

From Alloa days can play either position well. He has great pace, provides cover when playing central or bombing down the wing fromRB. Downside is crossing can erratic. Upside he is a total team man who gives his all. You will be frustrated at times with quality but will love him for his positive attitude and never say die spirit.

4 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

That’s a few people now who have said Doyle is better at CB than RB. Please not again.

Even if that’s the case, his RB qualities should hopefully be good enough. Mind you, if the mood takes him, Buchanan Durnan and Doyle would probably be a solid back 3.

3 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Definitely looking like a helluva strong side for L1. I guess that’s 9 or 10 of his preferred starting 11 now on the books.

All that remains is a couple of forwards, and three or four squad fillers.

I think we'll add a utility player in defence as at the moment we have no cover and then after that everyone who comes in will be a forward.

On 19/06/2019 at 00:33, BairnNecessity said:

Permanent signings are hopefully:

A goalie -Cammy Bells been mentioned

a right back -possibly Doyle

2 centre backs -Durnan and another

another ball winning midfielder -wouldn't be surprised if that turns out to be Grant Gillespie considering he left Raith to go back to full time football

2 strikers 

Well this is shaping up quite nicely. Two strikers, a ball winning midfielder, another centre back and if i'm being greedy another two wingers(but i'll take wee Dunne as one of those)

Toshney on a years deal would do as back up considering he can play centre back and right back but to be honest i'd rather see us go sign a young centre back we can possibly develop(Mckenna would have been ideal) Same with the ball winning midfielder i'd like to see us bring in a young prospect there which could be what this Blair Malcolm is.

At least this year players are actually having to trial with us if Ray's not seen them before as opposed to being handed a 2 year deal due to the fact they've came from a high pedigree.

Edited by BairnNecessity

18 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Even if that’s the case, his RB qualities should hopefully be good enough. Mind you, if the mood takes him, Buchanan Durnan and Doyle would probably be a solid back 3.

Yer havin a larf. Buchanan and Doyle have no positional sense whatsoever. Just as well you are playing in a pub league. 

Doyle is an excellent signing for league one. He could more than do a job for all the championship sides outside the ones vying for the league.

He's limited going forward but he has some of the best stamina I've ever seen at our level and should absolutely stroll this season defensively but he's also one of the worst crossers of the ball in history, something which he'll even joke about himself on twitter.

The only worry is that playing in a team that has all of the ball most weeks his strengths won't be as useful and his weaknesses will stick out like a sore thumb. I'm sure he will be fine though.

Seems to be universally liked in the changing room no matter where he's been and he's good for some quality gif action on twitter after wins.

10 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Doyle is an excellent signing for league one. He could more than do a job for all the championship sides outside the ones vying for the league.

He's limited going forward but he has some of the best stamina I've ever seen at our level and should absolutely stroll this season defensively but he's also one of the worst crossers of the ball in history, something which he'll even joke about himself on twitter.

The only worry is that playing in a team that has all of the ball most weeks his strengths won't be as useful and his weaknesses will stick out like a sore thumb. I'm sure he will be fine though.

Seems to be universally liked in the changing room no matter where he's been and he's good for some quality gif action on twitter after wins.

Give us the scoop on Denny Johnstone as we're a certainty to sign him. Remember him from his first stint at you lot but last season doesn't look to be too memorable.

Edited by BairnNecessity

Give us the scoop on Denny Johnstone as we're a certainty to sign him. Remember him from his first stint at you lot but last season doesn't look to be to memorable.
He has as many functioning knees as he scored goals for us last season.

Scored 17 goals for us when on loan at us but has failed everywhere else since at a time when he still had full use of all his limbs.

On 18/06/2019 at 13:33, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Lunchtime quiz, a RB on their way (rumour) obviously has played with Morton but not Dundee Utd and was with another championship club last season.

On 18/06/2019 at 13:35, lewfal said:

Michael Doyle?

That’s the first time I’ve got one of those rumours right.

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Falkirk should win this league with a record points total considering they've signed all these players who will 'stroll' League 1.

Not counting any chickens.  The players we've signed so far look to give us a chance to do well this season.  After the debacle of last season and the hype about all the new signings this time last summer and the subsequent horror show, we are in no position to go lording it over anyone.  Been there, made that mistake already.  Bet you Raith thought they'd bounce right back up when they got relegated and look at them.  Baby steps.

Seems to be an awful lot of "we shouldnt give it the big un' chat" here.

This is an anonymous football forum. Fucking ram it. We are providing 36 cup finals, the blue pound and our beautiful stadium next season fucking right I will lord it up.

Fucking league of diddies better say thank you for whatever spanking we give them.

49 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Seems to be an awful lot of "we shouldnt give it the big un' chat" here.

This is an anonymous football forum. Fucking ram it. We are providing 36 cup finals, the blue pound and our beautiful stadium next season fucking right I will lord it up.

Fucking league of diddies better say thank you for whatever spanking we give them.

Hugh Briss incoming. 

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
19 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:
Hugh Briss incoming. 

So so obsessed. So needy.

Caught in the Navy Blue Planet’s gravitational pull, and simply can’t break away. A familiar story these past few months.