Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Bobby Linn and Jason Thomson signing from Arbroath tomorrow morning. Solves our striker and right back issues.

As much as I’d love this to be true, smells like pish. Makes no sense in Bobby’s case anyway.

As much as I’d love this to be true, smells like pish. Makes no sense in Bobby’s case anyway.

Money talks. We’re the best paying side in the bottom leagues apart from the two Dundee clubs.

33 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Bobby Linn and Jason Thomson signing from Arbroath tomorrow morning. Solves our striker and right back issues.

1 year deal?

1 minute ago, Falkirkfan6871 said:

1 year deal?

Part time contracts, surely four year !!

7 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Part time contracts, surely four year !!

Makes sense to buy up a few players who have played at League one level to mix it in with players who will be around in two seasons. 

2 hours ago, Rocco said:

People on Twitter and Facebook are linking us with anyone who is a free agent and played under McKinnon. Latest one is Denny Johnstone, which I hope isn't true.

And that one is pretty tenuous considering he played a grand total of 23 minutes under McKinnon.

Expect a GK to be signed today & likely a defender.

Another defender to sign later in the week.

From what’s also been rumoured, think we’ll have a striker on trial too.

Makes sense to buy up a few players who have played at League one level to mix it in with players who will be around in two seasons. 

It does make sense. Thomson and Linn announced today at 2pm.

7 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

And that one is pretty tenuous considering he played a grand total of 23 minutes under McKinnon.

In fairness he tried to sign Johnstone at both the Rovers and Dundee United. So although Morton was the only time he managed to get him, he is definitely a big fan and wouldn’t be surprised if there is something to it.

It does make sense. Thomson and Linn announced today at 2pm.

Was supposed to be this morning but both can’t get away from work.

Was supposed to be this morning but both can’t get away from work.

Are they signing part time contracts with us or are they both giving up their day jobs?

2 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

We’ll have no P/T players this coming season.

Apart from Thomson and Linn...

This Bobby Linn thing really did take wings. Pleased. 
So simple, yet effective. Impressive stuff.

hearing the BL deal is over the line and will be announced this morning on a 1 year deal.

#WelcomeBoaby

ETA- Just heard from my correspondent SB that the deal will be announced on the clubs social platforms this afternoon instead of the aforementioned morning announcement.

Edited by sick boy

11 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Hope everyone that thinks VAR is a good thing has been watching the women’s WC. I said ages ago this will destroy the game and it’s now not not ruined a decent game, but also eliminated us from the tournament.....

Wasnt VAR that pumped us out it was abysmal officials  and shite defending.  Penalty was a penalty but was given when we were in the middle of making a substitution. Decision then took 7 minutes to resolve and yet the ref added on hee haw. VAR isnt the biggest issue its the way its being used that is.  Sudden clamp down on goalies moving off their line will suddenly disappear as the season goes on as usual.  You shouldnt need VAR to work out when a keeper comes off their line anyway as you've got a linesman a few yards away who should be able to do that job no bother.  Womens world cup  is like the mens  back in the 70s when you used to get officials from some football backwater you'd never heard of who didnt have a scooby about the rules and hadn't officiated at anything more important than a sunday afternoons kick about. I'm no fan of VAR but its the rules and the way they are being applied via VAR that is my biggest problem.