Jump to content
Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

According to this from 1977 to 1994 all our strips were red socks:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Falkirk/Falkirk.htm

Could just be my terrible memory. Going by that though traditionally its really blue socks as full red socks didnt come into it really till the 70s apart from once in the 60's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tempted to buy that fuckin motor on the threads page just to get shot of it.


I would watch, it’s fast as f’ck but tends to stutter at the end of its journey and ends up running into obstacles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I never remember us ever having red socks back in the day. All the strips I had as a boy in the 70s had blue socks I'm sure.

We did wear red socks back then. Couldn’t claim it to be every year, but we played in red socks with the shirt numbers in red too.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder why we had a white home strip in 74-75? Was Don Revie in charge?

Edited by Shodwall cat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the subject of old kits, in the off chance, anyone know where I can get my hands on the 1991-1994 hummell kit? The one with the red shoulders. Been looking for it for ages

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Wonder why we had a white home strip in 74-75? Was Don Revie in charge?

Aye, it was a strange one. I remember my grandfather having a moth eaten shirt that was supposedly a Falkirk shirt from the early 1900s that had a navy blue body, and red sleeves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

On the subject of old kits, in the off chance, anyone know where I can get my hands on the 1991-1994 hummell kit? The one with the red shoulders. Been looking for it for ages

There was one sold recently on eBay. They do appear there a few times every year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I see the marketing slogan has changed or is this a subliminal message from the MSG
image.png.03d7285bc5607dc2e2012c2737e34247.png
The positioning of the buildings makes the Falkirk wheel look like a dead parrot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:
1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:
I see the marketing slogan has changed or is this a subliminal message from the MSG
image.png.03d7285bc5607dc2e2012c2737e34247.png

The positioning of the buildings makes the Falkirk wheel look like a dead parrot.

We aren't dead, we're resting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:
1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:
I see the marketing slogan has changed or is this a subliminal message from the MSG
image.png.03d7285bc5607dc2e2012c2737e34247.png

The positioning of the buildings makes the Falkirk wheel look like a dead parrot.

The bit on the end, which I presume is from Callendar Park, looks like a knob with a spiky prince albert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rugster said:

The bit on the end, which I presume is from Callendar Park, looks like a knob with a spiky prince albert.

Is it not the pineapple?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, falkirkzombie said:

Is it not the pineapple?

Yeah I'm a moron

Edited by Rugster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rugster said:

The bit on the end, which I presume is from Callendar Park, looks like a knob with a spiky prince albert.

It's the Dunmore Pineapple bud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...