Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

31 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

What’s the script with the Falkirk Herald posting about Leahy possibly coming back to only delete the article minutes later?

anyway, back to this. 

wit? 

Another quality addition for League 1. The good thing is it should be impossible for McKinnon to be as negative as he was last season. 

I've been vocal in wanting him gone but he is winning me over with the team he is building. Just need ownership change now so I can go buy my bloody season ticket. 

You'll all be glad to know the players did have clauses that reduced their contracts if the club were relegated. Paton says his had been reduced to almost part-time levels.

Reflective of his contribution then.

Got to say I am happy so far with the quality of signing we have brought in for League 1. I didn't think we had a chanceof getting Tidser at this level and Telfer is an excellent signing.

Still not renewing till the board gtf though.

Telfer will cruise League 1,  him and Tidser linked up very well towards the end of last season.  Never did enough over the season but showed at times what quality he had.

Who is next for mini Morton, Denny Johnstone?

That should be an excellent signing at this level. Charlie's a terrific footballer. If he had a bit of pace or a bit of strength he could still be playing in the Premiership (or at least at the top of the Championship). 

Edit: Dinnae play him on the wing though. Bang in the centre of midfield taking the ball and making passes. Get someone big and ugly alongside him to do the dirty work.

Edited by Pull My Strings

Are you going down the sarcasm card to escape now ?
It's hard to figure out sarcasm when Morton fans did suggest Tidser should be looking at EPL or English championship when he first left Morton for that 30 odd grand and not the six figure sum suggested.
The state Morton fans got into when Ray left also(reason you are still sniffing around here)makes it hard to decipher the Morton mood/mental state
Tidser is our player now, that is all that needs said now
Escape what? The fact that in the space of probably 15 minutes my opinion somehow went from The Scottish championship being Tidser's limit to him being able to play for a top 6 English Premier League club?

The fact that there are people on here so simple that I need to explain that I don't think Michael Tidser could play for Arsenal or Chelsea is absolutely mind boggling.

I would suggest if you're going to accuse someone of being bitter that Tidser plays for Falkirk now, you don't aim it at the person who wrote back to back multi-paragraph posts giving constructive and positive feedback about what Falkirk fans can expect from him next season.

Just now, madton said:

Telfer will cruise League 1,  him and Tidser linked up very well towards the end of last season.  Never did enough over the season but showed at times what quality he had.

Andy Ritchie I heard.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

You'll all be glad to know the players did have clauses that reduced their contracts if the club were relegated. Paton says his had been reduced to almost part-time levels.

What did he want after being relegated? A reward?

2 minutes ago, madton said:

See we already have Tids, whats Jim and Midge up to?

Just now, Falkirkfan1985 said:

See we already have Tids, whats Jim and Midge up to?

At this rate we'll get Mary & Mungo as well. 

Nothing says building a settled team for double promotion quite like signing half the team that were probably favourites for relegation with three games to go last season.

2 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Nothing says building a settled team for double promotion quite like signing half the team that were probably favourites for relegation with three games to go last season.

tbf he started off well with them its just when he departed you were stung with JJ and he didnt know how to manage and i think most of us will settle with a single promotion, most of us are'nt getting ahead of ourselves though if the same board is in place anything can happen

Edited by AL-FFC

tbf he started off well with them its just when he departed you were stung with JJ and he didnt know how to manage and i think most of us will settle with a single promotion, most of us are'nt getting ahead of ourselves though if the same board is in place anything can happen
We blew a 2 goal lead at home to QOTS, beat Alloa who weren't the same Alloa of later season and had an impressive but somewhat fortunate win at home to Ross County.

An impressive 7 points from 3 games however even at that stage fans could see massive holes in our squad. To be fair at the time we didn't know how useless buchanan and Telfer were going to be for most of the season so alarm bells weren't ringing at that point. Telfer managed to redeem himself at least.

Doyle would be an excellent signing if true.

When you see him angling his body round to get the ball onto his right foot and you think he’s going to play a pin point pass then he launches it over the top to no one you’ll understand.