The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Unfurtunately we will probably still have him playing for us for the first couple of games of the season, he’ll take that that long to change his body direction and turn his feet round to move to you guys before your first match.

He's so fucking slow it was like watching Yogi at the end of his last spell when his knees had gone, wading through a pool of treacle and then he morphs into Burton O'Brien when it's time to pass the ball.

I’ve renewed my season tickets. Regardless of what anyone out thinks, the reason I did was simply because if the club had no income then we’re completely screwed. Most of you wanted rid of ML & CC now they’ve gone. Now you want rid of the MSG and Board. Once they’ve gone and that’s by no means certain then you’ll still not be happy. Don’t ever forget some of these guys dug deep to save our club. It’s time to regroup and we can all help to get us back where we want to be. Call me what you want, I really don’t care. COYB

PS Margaret is still there

3 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Unfortunately he extended Mutch's deal 

Mutch has potential but.

He was dynamite in the last game of the 17/18 season versus St Mirren.

He would be my #1 for the League 1 title tilt.

Probably a prime example of a player who could learn a lot in League 1 with the aid of a steady defence which could then springboard on to challenging in the Championship next year.

2 minutes ago, keithgy said:

He had no intention of coming back to the club even if we stayed up

Lets face it until the MSG goes we are a basket case of a club and i dont think the MSG going will be anytime soon as its gone quiet.

I liked Paton due to him actually giving a f**k last season, however his ability to kick a football was probably the worst of a bad bunch. The fact he was signed on a 2 year deal sums up Hartley, we have to thank the Pars for taking him off us, he’s finished at championship level though.

Mutch has potential but.
Probably a prime example of a player who could learn a lot in League 1 with the aid of a steady defence which could then springboard on to challenging in the Championship next year.

Nah.

Had a loan spell at Dumbarton last season for a couple of games and hardly impressed there from what I can remember. He was brilliant in that St. Mirren game but mind him at EEP?

He’s someone who I wouldn’t mind being kept on the bench as back-up all season but we need a much better first choice. Look at the difference big Harry made last year replacing the other 2 jobbers.

1 hour ago, PipoIsABairn said:

I'm happy enough to see Paton away, assuming someone comes in to fill that gap as a DM. 

Ray McKinnon would be more mobile and have a bigger array of passes in him than Paton at the age of 49

1 hour ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Ye just ken he's gonna help the Pars to the title next year.

I have liked the sound of every one of Dunfermline's signings this summer. Kevin Nisbet up front n aht. No bad at all.

Nisbet will be another Fez, scores for fun in league one and fails in the championship, there are plenty strikers who are in that club.

Paton drives Dunfermline to win the league, boy even the state I got in when we got relegated, I couldn't make that absurd comment.

1 minute ago, Russ said:

Nah.

Had a loan spell at Dumbarton last season for a couple of games and hardly impressed there from what I can remember. He was brilliant in that St. Mirren game but mind him at EEP?

He’s someone who I wouldn’t mind being kept on the bench as back-up all season but we need a much better first choice. Look at the difference big Harry made last year replacing the other 2 jobbers.

I dae, I dae aye.

I know what you mean but I would give him a wee go amd, if he's struggling, bring in a keeper to replace him.

Thing is with Harry, he was so glaringly better because of how shite we were. But hopefully we'll be dominating games next year and winning most. But aye.

3 minutes ago, Russ said:

Nah.

The one credit I will give Mutch is that he can look a great keeper but he can look like the worst keeper all in the same game.

His kicking and use of the ball is also poor

19 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Mutch has potential but.

But what?