The Falkirk FC Thread

If this is true, then we have won a watch. Sure, Paton could do a job in L1, but equally, he could be absolutely woeful there too. His performance against the Warriors last season showed what he is capable of (scoring after 6 minutes), and then spending the next 84 minutes competing with Muirhead to be the biggest bombscare on the park.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Extremely limited player, did not turn out to be quite as bad as the rest of the utter dross signed last summer, but so, so slow in everything he did. Will have been on a decent wage as well. Not bothered to see him away. Hopefully Telfer is imminent.

I'd be quite happy with Paton leaving he doesn't really offer anything other than a bit of dig. Slows the game right down and he's even too immobile to be a half decent hatchet man. Still sticking with Denny Johnstone, Telfer and Aidan Nesbitt please. As well as that new right back PG. Colossus' pub pal has been talking about...

Mutch

?? Buchanan ?? Robson

Mcshane Tidser

Connolly Telfer Nesbitt

Johnstone

Subs:

Ray Mckinnon

PG.Colossus

Mclean

Edited by BairnNecessity

If we did manage to get any sort of fee for Paton then what a bit of business that is. Wouldn’t have minded if he was kept on but happy to see him moved on.

His form last season did turn around as until October he was absolutely fucking howling. After that he was better than the likes of Waddington, Buaben, Osman but he’s still no good enough particularly for the Championship. Far too slow and slack in possession and he fucking loves hoofing the ball 60 yards downfield or out of play.

Anyway he’s no great loss and with the wage I’d imagine he was on should allow us to replace him quite easily.

6 hours ago, brokeville said:

I’ve renewed my season tickets. Regardless of what anyone out thinks, the reason I did was simply because if the club had no income then we’re completely screwed. Most of you wanted rid of ML & CC now they’ve gone. Now you want rid of the MSG and Board. Once they’ve gone and that’s by no means certain then you’ll still not be happy. Don’t ever forget some of these guys dug deep to save our club. It’s time to regroup and we can all help to get us back where we want to be. Call me what you want, I really don’t care. COYB

I agree- there have obviously been some bad decisions made by the BoD and MSG(many of which the fans would have made the same). Hopefully the ownership situation will be resolved soon but I think the way the MSG have been cast as evil villains is way over the top for a group of unpaid volunteers who have put significant sums of their own money into the club. A group who’ve made some bad decisions is in no way comparable to the likes of oyston at Blackpool and mike Ashley.

I agree- there have obviously been some bad decisions made by the BoD and MSG(many of which the fans would have made the same). Hopefully the ownership situation will be resolved soon but I think the way the MSG have been cast as evil villains is way over the top for a group of unpaid volunteers who have put significant sums of their own money into the club. A group who’ve made some bad decisions is in no way comparable to the likes of oyston at Blackpool and mike Ashley.
lol... now I know for sure your wired to the fuckin moon.

3 hours ago, LatapyBairn said:

Ray?...Is that you Ray