Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

34 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:
2 hours ago, gav-ffc said:
A poor mans Phil Roberts. 

Reported for racism.

If you're going down the Phil Roberts/Racism route you really need to get your brother to do it for you on Twitter, otherwise you're just half arsing it. 

8 hours ago, Grant228 said:

How the times have changed, Falkirk signing our cast offs! 

I was quite excited when we signed Connolly but he never really lived upto the hype, didn't have the pace of trickery to play as a winger at championship level however he may get away with it down here, felt that he'd rather play as a 10 but didn't really influence the game much when played there. He hits a good free kick albeit he never scored one for us, he came very close quite allot.

A signing I'd imagine will be absolutely fine at league 1 level. 

I am guessing he is signed to play in the modern day 4-3-3, tho surely it will look more like 4-3-3 in this division for us. 

I remember him being more of a forward with Raith and since then he has been more of the invisible man.

I wouldve gambled on him last season tbh, sometimes a manager and player bring out the best in each other to perform, one can hope

7 hours ago, Adam101 said:

Please remember that Hippo was also part of that St Mirren team and we all know how excellent he is. Connolly will be fine for league one but does fly in the face of Ray saying he was building a team to get promoted to the premiership. On the flip side I would imagine this is Connolly's last spin at full time football so he might come good.

Hippo being part of the St Mirren team is pushing it with 2 starts and both against Falkirk, Hippo is a decent championship player on his day but only in a wide role, he seemingly has it in his head that he is a striker but he doesnt have the ability to work out offside or that killer instinct at championship level. Id reckon tho he would get 20 goals playing striker at league one level tho.

5 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Said this about a week ago but SURELY this lot aren’t stupid enough to think they can ride out this ownership situation. If they are still in power they will sell hundreds less STs & protests will continue at games. Horrendous for everyone.

Just leave & do the right thing.

I've said it from day one, I cant see them leaving. 

They havent officially said the clubs up for sale, which would be the first thing you would do. I also don't believe we have had genuine offers as suggested bar the obvious fans offer or perhaps the Sunderland bloke one, tho that to me sounds like someone just dipping a toe in

As far as our list of concerns go this is likely at the bottom, but:

Does anyone know if we will be continuing with names and squad numbers this season? Compulsory in the Premiership and Championship but entirely optional in the seaside leagues.

Apologies for being a sad b*****d who cares about these things X

They havent officially said the clubs up for sale, which would be the first thing you would do. I also don't believe we have had genuine offers as suggested bar the obvious fans offer or perhaps the Sunderland bloke one, tho that to me sounds like someone just dipping a toe in

They had offers from local/fans and Scott Davidson

Anyone know if we are going to be in the reserve league next season? 

Not heard what's happened with the reserve squad, assuming they have all been released as well? 

6 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

As far as our list of concerns go this is likely at the bottom, but:

Does anyone know if we will be continuing with names and squad numbers this season? Compulsory in the Premiership and Championship but entirely optional in the seaside leagues.

Apologies for being a sad b*****d who cares about these things X

I'd have thought we would. It's a revenue stream for replica shirt sales and we have the means to do it anyway.

From Capital Press who were at the stadium today.
IMG_2165.thumb.jpg.ab133d9f830050b315b010834e8de470.jpg
Haven't seen one person curse him. Never made enough of an impact one way or another to merit any other reaction than a 'meh'.

I'd have thought we would. It's a revenue stream for replica shirt sales and we have the means to do it anyway.

Club shop hasn’t done shirt printing since the SPL days of 2010 mate.

1 minute ago, RC55 FFC said:

Club shop hasn’t done shirt printing since the SPL days of 2010 mate.

Didn't realise that - who does it for us just now?

7 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Didn't realise that - who does it for us just now?

Whoever it is they must've made a bloody fortune off us the last couple of years.

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Whoever it is they must've made a bloody fortune off us the last couple of years.

all the Lewis No 9 shirts are in the bin now i would imagine.

Just now, falkirkzombie said:

all the Lewis No 9 shirts are in the bin now i would imagine.

They would've been printing a whole new squad of shirts every 6 months.

Is it next Thursday the players get back for pre-season? Could do with having as many signings as possible in by then.

Edited by ilostmyself

39 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Is it next Thursday the players get back for pre-season? Could do with having as many signings as possible in by then.

Five or six bare minimum, I'd have thought. 

12 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I don't think I'm coming back. I'm going in a permanent huff. 

I spent five weeks sitting in the house, staring at the phone like a teenage lassie wondering if the boy she met last night would call. It didn't ring once. 

And on the first day I'm abroad, what happens? We sign Tidser and Buchanan. Followed by Connolly today. 

A certain mutual acquaintance has been now deleted from the Christmas card list. :thumbsdown

You will be busy next week though? 

10 hours ago, MrDust said:

I am guessing he is signed to play in the modern day 4-3-3, tho surely it will look more like 4-3-3 in this division for us. 

I remember him being more of a forward with Raith and since then he has been more of the invisible man.

I wouldve gambled on him last season tbh, sometimes a manager and player bring out the best in each other to perform, one can hope

Hippo being part of the St Mirren team is pushing it with 2 starts and both against Falkirk, Hippo is a decent championship player on his day but only in a wide role, he seemingly has it in his head that he is a striker but he doesnt have the ability to work out offside or that killer instinct at championship level. Id reckon tho he would get 20 goals playing striker at league one level tho.

Kinda makes me think that he's going to go with a 4-3-3 and, with Connolly being a left winger, possibly means that Robson's away. Real shame as I personally prefer a 3-5-2 and think he would have been brilliant in that formation in this league.

Some 'bloke in the pub' rumours I heard last night...

- Dixon and McGhee both want £1K/week, club won't pay them that
- Robson wants to re-sign but is holding off to see if Dixon re-signs first
- Scott Fox is the preferred GK target
- David Goodwillie is being considered
- We've made enquiries about bringing DKD back

13 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I don't think I'm coming back. I'm going in a permanent huff. 

I spent five weeks sitting in the house, staring at the phone like a teenage lassie wondering if the boy she met last night would call. It didn't ring once. 

And on the first day I'm abroad, what happens? We sign Tidser and Buchanan. Followed by Connolly today. 

A certain mutual acquaintance has been now deleted from the Christmas card list. :thumbsdown

How selfish are you going on holiday in summer.

Get back to the Bog arena and you can go away in November.

Edited by Gaz FFC