The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Signing 3 strikers who scored a total of no goals wasnt the best move. His signings apart from 6 months at Raith and one at Morton have been complete tosh.

How many players did we miss out on due to not paying the right money? Not as if clubs are flogging strikers who score for fun in January. Todorov especially felt like a signing he made as a last gasp due to no other options being available. 

I can’t even bring myself to throw out an obvious wind up line even though anything will get bites ridiculously easily going by VT’s effort, that statement is genuinely fucking jaw-dropping :lol:

3 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

How many players did we miss out on due to not paying the right money? Not as if clubs are flogging strikers who score for fun in January. Todorov especially felt like a signing he made as a last gasp due to no other options being available. 

Not to mention the players who would rather sit on the bench in the Premier League than get involved in a relegation scrap.  

5 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

The pars signed anderson on loan from Aberdeen who would have been a far better option than any of those 3 and I doubt he was on a fortune there.  There was players available Mckinnon just signed the wrong ones. And why sign 3 strikers anyway when you favour one up top, already have two  and dont have a decent right back on the books.

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

The pars signed anderson on loan from Aberdeen who would have been a far better option than any of those 3 and I doubt he was on a fortune there.  There was players available Mckinnon just signed the wrong ones. And why sign 3 strikers anyway when you favour one up top, already have two  and dont have a decent right back on the books.

We went for him I believe?

2 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

jesus fucking christ, genuinely seething at our fucking useless board.

in the immortal words of sir yogi hughes - "your clubs fucked"

McKinnon is not the immediate problem. The owners are the immediate problem. They are well capable of taking us down another level. The toys have left the pram spectacularly.

Its probably best that they now be left in complete silence to stew in their own juices and reflect on what it is they have just done. It’s hard to grasp that professional and wealthy business people could collectively get so many things wrong........but they have. There is some smart teenager who doesn’t know it yet, but his/her Uni dissertation has just been handed to them on a plate.

Hopefully HBO are lining this up for a Game of Fools mini series.

Anyone get the feeling they have shot themselves in the foot big time with their arrogance and going to be left with hee haw over their contempt, ah well looks like league 1 for a long stay then.

it appears to me they are waiting until all parties have stepped down with bids so that they can cling on.

this is like a fucking soap opera.

Edited by sick boy

1 minute ago, sick boy said:

jesus fucking christ, genuinely seething at our fucking useless board.

in the immortal words of sir yogi hughes - "your clubs fucked"

Great to see that quote getting used as it was actually said, in reference to the Board`s choice to replace him. It`s usually quoted as "I`ve f****d your Club".

4 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

"This proved to be the final straw for some of our members who have run out of patience and no longer consider the Board to be acting in the best interests of the club."

Absolutely ridiculous, on paper this bid seems like an excellent option for the club going forward. External investors + the fans bid would be the most sustainable option imo.

Get this board so far tae f**k.

There's your glimmer of hope at the bottom of that though

“We have however notified the Board that, should the other offers prove to be unacceptable , we may reconsider our position.”