The Falkirk FC Thread

Nope not kidding at all. Kerr and Miller would get the fans backing right away something that's badly needed. 
If the fans takeover happens if say McKinnon's days are numbered!
So you'd give two guys with no management experience a job to build a whole team for their first stint in management? Are you trolling?

I disagree that McKinnon's days will be numbered. I think he'll get the chance to build the team, however, if things aren't going well, I think he'll get binned shortly into the season

I dont think a Miller and Kerr reunion would satisfy the current situation dependent on who's side you were on as mentioned already the rot started when they downed tools (on that its hearsay rumour and speculation) there is more than 1 side to every story.

If RM gets off to a good start then that is something to boost the confidence but the biggest upset to the upcoming season is going to be how things are in the boardroom if current lot stay in place fans stay away, less money incoming to the club  and lets face it now the writing is on the wall they are'nt going to dip into their own money for it.

Guest Ecosse83
17 minutes ago, Rocco said:

So you'd give two guys with no management experience a job to build a whole team for their first stint in management? Are you trolling?

I disagree that McKinnon's days will be numbered. I think he'll get the chance to build the team, however, if things aren't going well, I think he'll get binned shortly into the season

I'll be honest I'd rather take a punt on them than have McKinnon as manager next season. I'm not sure I can suffer watching his negative tactics in League bloomin 1. 

I think Kerr will make a good manager and would love him to start with us!

14 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

So, we start June with a statement which is to try and get us geared up to buy into the new chapter of Falkirk's history. Not long after that, the "invites" to renew season tickets come out. There's no clear incentive other than the prices have been reduced (they have to be, this is not a token of appreciation to the supporters sticking by the club through thick and thin). No signings as yet, but then as there are more players behind the scenes wanting to take over the club, it can be understood to a certain extent.

In the previous statements, we're told of an extensive review of matters within the club, of how an interim chairman will steady the rudder and then the intensity of takeover seems to be a bit too much to deal with. So much so that the next act of wisdom is to annoy a party that has already been interested for several months to the point that they pull their bid. We don't know what we would have got but we're not in a position to be so careless. I'm sure the mantra of "Due Diligence" will come up, which gives me the idea that there will be none (after all, Hearts did quite well with Romanov, Dundee with Di Stefano...oh hang on). Of course, we are encouraged to sign up for season tickets.

And last night, Martin Ritchie speaks.

If you understand that it has been, to put it mildly, frustrating that we've been relegated when we supposedly pulled out all of the stops to stay up (financially speaking), then you announce that the CEO is leaving, thank him for his time and efforts and close it. To me, Falkirk has shown utter contempt and disdain for their support and this wouldn't be the first time. 

Football fans want the best for the team, some want to win the Champions League even with the squad that we have, but those in charge should already know that. Rather than just acknowledge the frustrations, or even ignore them, those in charge feel the need to tell us what a horrible lot we are, hurting a decent man and ram Craig Campbell's greatest achievements down our throats. Nice to have brought in that investment, but he was supposed to be at the head of the efforts to get us back to the Premiership in two years: instead of that, we've seen any money that we had blown on bad players, bad decisions and instead of accept that, the Falkirk fans are singled out as unworthy to be supporters of such an esteemed club.

Wonder how the season ticket sales will go now?

You make a very good point regarding new owners and why we should be cautious, but on the other hand we must be fair and give them a chance.  The new owners have to get the support onside and fast.  The question the support have is WHY ! The answer can go 2 ways. Vague waffle or a realistic Business plan with KPI'S. 3 - 5 - 10 year business plan. Capitol investment. But most important how much of any profits will be taken out the club. 

I'll be honest I'd rather take a punt on them than have McKinnon as manager next season. I'm not sure I can suffer watching his negative tactics in League bloomin 1. 
I think Kerr will make a good manager and would love him to start with us!
I disagree. I'll give Ray the first quarter of the season and see if he's more attacking. He'll be expected to win the league so I hope he goes more attacking. Personally I think Kerr would be a big gamble. Millar has also just signed a 1 year extension with Livingston

54 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Nope not kidding at all. Kerr and Miller would get the fans backing right away something that's badly needed. 

why will McKinnon's days be numbered? 

are you taking the piss or am I missing something, I am sure the large majority of fans want to keep McKinnon and rightly so imo.

Guest Ecosse83
13 minutes ago, sick boy said:

why will McKinnon's days be numbered? 

are you taking the piss or am I missing something, I am sure the large majority of fans want to keep McKinnon and rightly so imo.

Jesus when we went down everyone was calling for him to go after his negative pish sent us down. What has changed since then?

Can only imagine it's been written to let Campbell save face as nobody reading a list of the disasters during his tenure would ever entertain employing him in the same position.

It's been a while since I read the Fan Ownership proposal, will Ritchie still be there in any form? I can't see me returning to the stadium until this lot are gone, I was probably going to pay at the gate a few times rather than get a ST but that statement just shows utter contempt for the fans.

GTF

More chuckles at Grangemouth :lol:

That statement is quite something - when all else fails blame the fans! Can't even contemplate what the thought process was when writing that up.

It's obvious things won't progress with your present BoD. Why these people are even involved in football is a mystery. I suppose they are the kind of people that will end up being handed a blazer at the SFA so they can inflict their incompetence on the rest of us.

They've made a monumental mess of things with all the money that's been squandered,  and still want more - incredible arrogance and looks like fans being treated like a cash cow.  

Sounds like it will get worse before it gets better for the wee Bairns...…..which will give us more hilarity I'd imagine 

15 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Jesus when we went down everyone was calling for him to go after his negative pish sent us down. What has changed since then?

I'd like to hope that new owners will want to bring in their own man and will provide enough investment to do that. Mckinnon had his chance and blew it.

Nothing. His negative tactics were as much to blame as the donkeys on the park for what transpired. I'd be happy to see him go but if he's still here I'll back him until he's found out.

When McKinnon joined, I always thought he needed a summer window to get the right men in.  There was no way he would get all the players he required to sort out the mess in January.  I do still feel Ray should get the opportunity to rebuild the squad.  Yes the negative tactics toward the end weren't good, but the last game of the season showed how we could, and should IMO, be playing.

Whilst people will say "Hartley came in and turned around our season in January", Hartley was also building on a team that had finished second the season before.  Ray was building on a team that would struggle to compete in League 2.

Edited by lewfal

Technically it would have been correct if the statement had attributed blame for relegation to the Falkirk support, given your premature Palmerston pitch invasion led directly to the added time that allowed QotS the opportunity to equalise, a goal which more than any other directly led to your relegation...

Another thick c**t who doesn’t understand the rules. f**k off you goat

1 hour ago, kiddy said:
1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

I'd be giving that pair zero time to settle in. As it was them, & their cronies, who kicked off the latest round of shitfest, by downing tools on Houston.

I think it was more Houston signing complete clowns like Alec Harris that started the rot.  He was still playing both of them right up to when he left so to say they downed tools is complete hogwash if you ask me.

Guest Ecosse83
Just now, PG.Colossus said:

Nothing. His negative tactics were as much to blame as the donkeys on the park for what transpired. I'd be happy to see him go but if he's still here I'll back him until he's found out.

For me he was found out when we hit 8th then completely shit the bed. 

All I can hope for is that since the Statement was signed off as “On Behalf of The Board of FFC”, some of them actually hadn’t read it beforehand, and they are now chewing one another to pieces.

Do they not understand that putting in a caveat of “it’s a small minority of supporters” carries no weight whatsoever? Anyone who supports Falkirk and reads that statement sees it aimed at them. Ultimately, in truth, it says nothing about us, but says everything about the BoD. What fools they are.

6 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

For me he was found out when we hit 8th then completely shit the bed. 

Signing 3 strikers who scored a total of no goals wasnt the best move. His signings apart from 6 months at Raith and one at Morton have been complete tosh.