The Falkirk FC Thread

23 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Interestingly at that meeting with supporter club heads last night which was called due to the poor turnout of players at the POTY nights ML stated that she wanted to get a statement out but was being blocked by the Board.

Knowing the board make up and politics that has to be the two or three non execs left i guess

You have Paton for next season?? That's cheered me up.

This fucking board man....

How insulting to be treated to this info by luck because someone who was there is also on P&B.

Future reference Maggie, when you go and settle, you lost all rights to continue protesting your innocence.

Also... Waterworks? Meant to be a fucking professional. Disgrace.

ML and CC are taking the brunt of the pressure but there are other skulking in the background, and have been for many years, just as culpable for this mess.

As far as the chat on KK is concerned IMO the last thing he should have done was go on the board. Stick to what he is good at and enjoys. Told him that too.

I'm intrigued to know who the 2 or 3 'good' signing are who would be willing to play in the 3rd tier of Scottish football.
Will probably be Dixon and Edje. Some fans will think it's Tidser though

Since the last time we were this low down the leagues, dunfermline, queens, ayr, raith, st johnstone, partick, airdrie, morton, hamilton and livy have all been down there, some on quite a few occasions, some taking a while to get back up. This idea that the club is run terribly and everyone should go shows a complete misunderstanding of how football actually works, go round every league worldwide and you'll find teams to "big" for the division they're in, are they all badly run? (To be fair some are!)  Messi or Ronaldo? Who's best, it's a judgement call and is the same for players at all levels, if the manager gets it wrong then we get what we got last season. Having a witch hunt of everyone connected to the club isn't right. Hartley made this mess and unless you want the board controlling team matters then getting shot of him and rebuilding was the right way to go.

1 minute ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Since the last time we were this low down the leagues, dunfermline, queens, ayr, raith, st johnstone, partick, airdrie, morton, hamilton and livy have all been down there, some on quite a few occasions, some taking a while to get back up. This idea that the club is run terribly and everyone should go shows a complete misunderstanding of how football actually works, go round every league worldwide and you'll find teams to "big" for the division they're in, are they all badly run? (To be fair some are!)  Messi or Ronaldo? Who's best, it's a judgement call and is the same for players at all levels, if the manager gets it wrong then we get what we got last season. Having a witch hunt of everyone connected to the club isn't right. Hartley made this mess and unless you want the board controlling team matters then getting shot of him and rebuilding was the right way to go.

No one wanted to be relegated and as you say lot of those teams have been down and back up so to coin a phrase from our past marketing "our time".  In all honesty this has probably whats been needed as any manager has a rebuilding job on his hands and we needed to find a start point to give us something to build one, another squad in the summer in the Championship would probably fighting another relegation battle.

IF McKinnon gets his signings right and we are top of League 1 then we have a squad with confidence that has gelled and something to work with assuming we get promoted at first attempt.

As far as board goes if whats been posted been right then MSG are looking to get out they want best deal for them (understandable)  but as things stand we need a fresh approach and ideas and think the current MSG have took us as far as they want to go .

6 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Aw mate, what a howler of a post.

It's nearly a week since we've been officially relegated and what we've heard from the club is:

• "We're playing Rangers in the Reserve League and you'll be paying to get in"
  • "Did we mention it's Rangers?"
  • Above match being treated a bit more "special"
  • A retweet of the praise for Jordan McGhee, our man possessed and in the SPFL team of the week
  • The following are leaving and this is who will stay next season

Something that I have noticed over the years is that those in charge at Falkirk often go through periods where contempt for their own fans and paranoia are the order of the day. We're going through that right now and we have people in charge who cannot accept criticism and are in the huff, so dealing with that involves negative treatment towards the fans. I'm sure the likes of ML, CC, AT were not happy at the treatment last Saturday, but then they've not been happy with any criticism from the fans and have axes to grind, big time.

Many years ago, around the time the Internet was becoming a thing, I wanted to set up a website for Falkirk. So, the best thing to do? Call up the club and tell them your plans. What I got then was "we're not spending money on that" and after being told that it was free and fan run, was informed "we're not interested, and there's already a fanzine (which I think had stopped by then)". Only after the liquidation did we see a better approach and you saw that the club was more hospitable towards the fans - certainly as you're in dire straits financially, you want people on board.

But then we see this repeat itself at different times and the level of arrogance which those running the club display to the very people they need verges on the hilarious. We qualify for Europe so we now need a European kit? "Why not, the fans are mugs they'll pay for it". We had a Director of Football (that was Alex Smith's role, if I'm right), then we didn't and then CC has the amazing idea to......consider bringing in a Director of Football.  Our CEO has the cheek to tell us that we're a second tier outfit and that's what we should be happy to fork out hard-earned cash for. Incidents involving fans (such as Dean Shiels, Dennon Lewis) have led to immediate accusations, press releases and then "oh wait, we may have to look again". We have a lawyer in charge, and somehow there's an inability to perform any due diligence - just a "well, we're surprised at how things are, but what can you do?". The use of the stadium for other purposes (Scotland U-21, concerts, rugby) is very infrequent and yet there are those who blow their own trumpets to deafening proportions when we manage to have one gig for some has-been act that will never be sold out.

We all know this, it's no surprise and we do accept it. However, what we can't accept is the lack of any ownership from those determined not to change ownership until they're sure that it suits them. No-one wants to see tears from a chairman, what they want is to hear is acceptance that they got it wrong and more importantly, concrete plans to put it right. To even try and pass off the excuse that the board won't allow a statement to be released is pathetic.

20 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

It's not just the fact we've been relegated that shows we're being terribly run. In fact I'd go as far to say that that's one of the lowest reasons on the list. We've been relegated because of a very unexpected deterioration in performance from a manager, and a lesser than expected performance by his replacement. That happens all the time in football. It's the myriad of other shite that's gone on concurrent with this that has most people raging. 

Sack the fucking board. All of them. Now.

We have spent ten years in a division we should be striving to get out of.

We have finally dropped out the arse end of it, and to show for it, we have no academy (argue all you want about the pros and cons but that isnt up for debate), we have spent 6 figures on a manager due to board level incompetence, the fans have been dug out to the point where they have had enough, and I believe (cant recall if public or anecdotally on here) that various MSG members have said that they are no longer willing to put money in.

What part of any of that is a sustainable situation....

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

We have finally dropped out the arse end of it, and to show for it, we have no academy (argue all you want about the pros and cons but that isnt up for debate), we have spent 6 figures on a manager due to board level incompetence, the fans have been dug out to the point where they have had enough, and I believe (cant recall if public or anecdotally on here) that various MSG members have said that they are no longer willing to put money in.

Your also forgetting the part with the fan ownership when they said they were open to people investing or bringing new money to the team but unwilling to give them any say in the matter of the club (the past 2 seasons wouldnt exactly fill be with confidence for investing my money considering we are on our 4th squad and 3rd manager in 2 years)

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Sandy Alexander actually stood up at the end of the AGM and was begging fans to get behind KJ and DW plan, if that not a clear indication that they want out f**k knows what is, 

Why is it taking so long? God only knows, maybe relegation has changed their minds or maybe they are just bumbling idiots.

Your also forgetting the part with the fan ownership when they said they were open to people investing or bringing new money to the team but unwilling to give them any say in the matter of the club (the past 2 seasons wouldnt exactly fill be with confidence for investing my money considering we are on our 4th squad and 3rd manager in 2 years)
Yeah, on the operational side of things I have to defer to those with deeper knowledge I only really posted the big hitters. There will be plenty other instances of utter incompetence from these lot but the bottom line is, everything that has gone wrong is under their stewardship. Managers of course take the heat for week to week results. But managers are also routinely canned. Its part of their world.

The board steer the club and our trajectory has been downward in ever increasing momentum since Killie beat us in the play off.

Thats on them.

It will be very interesting to see how they pitch the season ticket sales if they are still all there. Will they just show contempt towards the fans and expect blind loyalty to kick in.

This is going to be in my opinion one of the most important close seasons in our clubs recent history . We cannot afford to be in League 1 long term but the wrong appointments and signings and that's exactly where we will be.

In my opinion there is no way back for ML and CC and nothing they can do to win back the fans and they need to go.

49 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I'm intrigued to know who the 2 or 3 'good' signing are who would be willing to play in the 3rd tier of Scottish football.

tidser, buchanan, dixon.

It will be very interesting to see how they pitch the season ticket sales if they are still all there. Will they just show contempt towards the fans and expect blind loyalty to kick in.

This is going to be in my opinion one of the most important close seasons in our clubs recent history . We cannot afford to be in League 1 long term but the wrong appointments and signings and that's exactly where we will be.

In my opinion there is no way back for ML and CC and nothing they can do to win back the fans and they need to go.
Continuing the protest against them is a no brainer. You dont even have to do anything. Whats the downside?

You keep your money, dont miss any games if you dont want to anyway, and put the heat where these people understand it. On the balance sheet.

Aside from all of our own interpretations about business and how/whether it could be done better bla bla bla, even if you are not interested in that stuff, how can you have your intelligence insulted by these people and then go and shell our your dough up front. They are literally trying to rip the piss out of us because they think we are stupid. For that alone we should be keeping our cash.

Continuing the protest against them is a no brainer. You dont even have to do anything. Whats the downside?

You keep your money, dont miss any games if you dont want to anyway, and put the heat where these people understand it. On the balance sheet.

Aside from all of our own interpretations about business and how/whether it could be done better bla bla bla, even if you are not interested in that stuff, how can you have your intelligence insulted by these people and then go and shell our your dough up front. They are literally trying to rip the piss out of us because they think we are stupid. For that alone we should be keeping our cash.

I totally agree and am hoping that the take over has happened or we see concrete evidence that it is happening before season ticket sales start. I know too many, myself included who won't part with cash whilst this mob are still there.

I know folk can say we are only hurting our club but for me it's the only way to force change.