The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Unfortunately no. I missed the first 10 minutes or so due to work and apparently had been asked what his actual job was and he explained it, but I can’t comment.

I guess my season ticket money can go somewhere else then.

She said she wanted to release a statement but the board were against it.

Explained that they still believe we were above board with the whole McKinnon and Morton saga and that McKinnon wanted to bring a few things up at the tribunal which he wasn’t allowed too which has been backed up by JJ and Houston apparently. Ayr United actually tried to stick up for us by saying we acted above board with them

Every single sentence of that is riddled with shite. “We have so much we want to say but can’t”, “Ray wanted to bring stuff up but he couldn’t” and “Morton’s recently departed management team have been in touch to back us up.”

Of all the clarification and future plans the Falkirk fans are expecting and entitled to, that’s what they hit out with?

1 hour ago, CC52 FFC said:

There’s a board meeting tomorrow to discuss the future of the board. Says there’s interested parties but you have to watch who you let into the club.

What, like 900 + Falkirk supporters who had, within a matter of weeks, pledged investment of more than £600k? That kind of party? You could not make this stuff up. Just go.

What, like 900 + Falkirk supporters who had, within a matter of weeks, pledged investment of more than £600k? That kind of party? You could not make this stuff up. Just go.

She wasn’t talking about the fan ownership, she was talking about the two outside investors who are interested.

Just now, CC52 FFC said:

CC wants to keep the playing budget the same in League One as it was in the championship but needs Season Ticket sales, something which I feel he might struggle with.

Fantasy land stuff. Where the f**k did we get this guy?

6 minutes ago, AGPar said:

The fan ownership proposal isn’t designed to buy the whole club

1 hour ago, CC52 FFC said:

She wasn’t talking about the fan ownership, she was talking about the two outside investors who are interested.

Yes, obviously. The fact that she had the nerve to say that after supporters, KJ and DW in particular, put in a power of work on a proposal which THEY backed, only to then be shafted, beggars belief. Although with this pair, nothing should surprises me any more. 

2 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Also wouldn’t rule out bring back the academy on the new artificial surface that’s being built at the side of the stadium once we’re back in the Championship.

CC wants to keep the playing budget the same in League One as it was in the championship but needs Season Ticket sales, something which I feel he might struggle with.

I actually think season ticket sales won’t be affected that much if the signings are alright. There will be 100 or so who won’t renew due to the ownership situation but the majority will prioritise supporting the team IMO. Craig Campbell will be the individual who will put many off, so hopefully he’ll be off.

So by that reasoning the 8 Elite clubs will recruit up every young player with potential from across the country as well as retaining their own current youth players . Christ they'd all have 1000s of academy players each. 
What was wrong with being in the 2nd tier of Project Brave academies - still getting SFA funding - with potential to break into the Elite level .
Or just having a scaled down version, that can be up-scaled as we move up the leagues (yeah I know) 
How can Alloa afford an academy?   

We could have and probably should have something going on in that space but without the elite status the gravy train of top talent we have produced in recent years just would not happen . How many players have Alloa sold on that were developed through their Mickey Mouse academy!

Also, finally, sorry I know this is in dribs and drabs but trying to remember everything is a nightmare. Connor Park said the club are working on 2/3 “good” signings to try and help season ticket sales. I don’t know what they class as “good” or not but we’ll have to wait and see I guess.
Great, the guy that does the clubs twitter is signing players noo

1 minute ago, Stainrod said:

We could have and probably should have something going on in that space but without the elite status the gravy train of top talent we have produced in recent years just would not happen . How many players have Alloa sold on that were developed through their Mickey Mouse academy!

We produced a maximum of 7 or 8 first team players in 10 years when we had a leading academy. How many were we going to produce with a downsized version that wouldn’t attract the same players? Very few would be my guess.

8 minutes ago, LatapyBairn said:

We produced a maximum of 7 or 8 first team players in 10 years when we had a leading academy. How many were we going to produce with a downsized version that wouldn’t attract the same players? Very few would be my guess.

Please stop talking pish Edi.

2 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:
4 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:
Also, finally, sorry I know this is in dribs and drabs but trying to remember everything is a nightmare. Connor Park said the club are working on 2/3 “good” signings to try and help season ticket sales. I don’t know what they class as “good” or not but we’ll have to wait and see I guess.

Great, the guy that does the clubs twitter is signing players noo

The manager signs players. Connor does football admin - amongst a whole pile of other jobs - which means he deals with the paperwork involving signings, contract offers etc. 

Ok good meets division 1 doesn’t really go together. We will soon see if Ray has any talent at building a team ! Let’s hope so cos I’m not sure I can cope with another January makeover .

They have to try something don’t they lol. If they stay, actions speak louder than words. They must prove by showing what they are saying is true by following it through. I’m personally not holding my breathe until it’s in fruition.

From what I’ve read they have admitted several points of sheer incompetence and naivety.
In any other industry they’d be gone....

3 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The manager signs players. Connor does football admin - amongst a whole pile of other jobs - which means he deals with the paperwork involving signings, contract offers etc. 

I think he was joking...

From what I’ve read they have admitted several points of sheer incompetence and naivety.
In any other industry they’d be gone....

I think you’re right. Think this is them basically asking for a chance to fix it without using them words. Might hear from them after the board meeting tomorrow. Brian Stewart from Elliot’s advised them to communicate tonight with the full fan base through Falkirk TV or so.