The Falkirk FC Thread

Wouldn't be averse to having a couple of part-timers in the mix. For example, McGuigan scored 16 league goals in a brutal Stenny team this season and knows how to play against a lot of defenders in the league. Not saying he should be our top striking option but we'll need some depth to the squad so it's an idea worth considering IMO.

Guest Ecosse83

The manager is under pressure now, no way will he get away with playing drab football in League 1. He needs to be more adventurous now. 

If Robson signs on then it would be 352 for me all day long, he would be an absolute standout up that left in League 1. Dixon McKenna and McGhee in the middle and a new signing up the right hand side. Paton and Mcshane in the centre and we have a good base to work from. Sounds easy doesn't it :lol:

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Please don’t start this looks based adulation of signings again.

It fucked us over last season.

Aye but Joe is alright at fitba.

Soooo.

And he scores his fair share of goals.

Got something like 9 last season, and that was being in and out of the side.

1 hour ago, BendtnerBairn said:

No gonna lie I want Joe to stay. Cvnts a babe. And all he does is stroll. Will bring the literal to the 'strolling League 1' shout.

Going to go out on a limb here, but you seem to have an awful hard on for Houstons team of failures. Was you first time going to Falkirk games the 'glory' years of the playoffs with hibs? 

1 hour ago, Hank von Hell said:

There is no danger Will will (:)) go for 8M - no chance.

That is the level of fee for a player at the top end of the championship. 

Rotherham are now in League One , and Will has one year left on his contract and is not an established Championship player yet.

I can see a fee of around 2M and Rotherham will bite your hand off. 

Vaulks is also now a capped international which will have increased his value somewhat. 

Pretty much agree with all those that have been released, staying & offered contracts. Ray boi has a tough gig though, cause he's gonna have to build a better side than we had last season (harder than it sounds) on a far lower budget. And for me he's on last chance saloon after sh*te football and slinking out a side door after Ross County.

2 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Going to go out on a limb here, but you seem to have an awful hard on for Houstons team of failures. Was you first time going to Falkirk games the 'glory' years of the playoffs with hibs? 

Vaulks is also now a capped international which will have increased his value somewhat. 

I just miss Falkirk players who were decent and that was the last time that was the case.

I just go back to auld boiz 4 a laugh cuz, at this level, ye dunno who is round the corner in terms of signings. Just look at our incomings last summer for example....

52 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

Agree with this, i'm the the 'closing the academy never got us relegated' camp but i don't see what the problem with being outwith the elite academies would be,

young players develop at different times and there would still be good youngsters in the lower tier, the board at the time seemed to be 'Elite or nothing', don't understand that at all.

We were never elite status previously, it's like getting a gold star in primary school as our governing body try to rebrand youth teams throughout Scotland.

The likes of Mark Stewart, Murray Wallace, Botti Biabi etc all started their footballing journeys elsewhere, the same path again would happen without elite status, call it the Brentford model !!

We had elite status outside the governing body giving us a gold star, in that everyone knew we gave our youngsters a chance to play first team football, this was pre Houston. I find it amusing Houston going on about it, considering he only dipped into using it when he had to, not using it actively like those before him, probably cost him his job in the long run. The experienced player squad he ran not giving youth a chance and the bill for the academy with zero first team players coming from it. We basically sold Gallacher on his reserve displays and our name for producing players, the Shire wouldn't have signed him scouting him on his 1st team displays on the season he left, same could be said for Blair and Biabi had decent cup final appearance.

We have lost that name now though and it will be difficult to get that back, thanks to the people in charge

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

TBH BB done a cracking job last year just a shame they all turned out to be duds

They did but its tougher to frame it now. A kit of fans will see it as a minter now wheras last season was trying to get promotion to the top league. 

Plus a lot of fans wont buy into any of it unless the boards gone. Tougher job deciding what to do this season, least until the  board are routed

7 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

If Queens go down that's not good news for Falkirk next season. I'm surprised at how many full time teams there could be in League1 

QoS are in a financial mess at the moment with crowds similar to yourselves on decline. If they do come down, it won't be like last time where they were the big boys in the league.

I fear for us at the moment but I'd be more fearful as Queen's fan if they went down.

7 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

£8M is a ridiculous estimate and one sub full international appearance and one friendly international appearance won't add massive figures on to his fee.

I'd guess £4M top end with his contract of one year left, likely less than that and sadly might be with players going to Rotherham to make up the fee.

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

QoS are in a financial mess at the moment with crowds similar to yourselves on decline. If they do come down, it won't be like last time where they were the big boys in the league.

I fear for us at the moment but I'd be more fearful as Queen's fan if they went down.

£8M is a ridiculous estimate and one sub full international appearance and one friendly international appearance won't add massive figures on to his fee.

I'd guess £4M top end with his contract of one year left, likely less than that and sadly might be with players going to Rotherham to make up the fee.

Was more meaning they will remain full-time I take it?  

The more full-time teams the more players needing to be persuaded to drop down to that division. Any decent player wanting to remain full-time will give Championship teams more thought unless they can be enticed with more money/longer contract.

It could be a case the League1 full-time teams get the lower end of the pack of full-time players as most will want to play in the Championship. Same goes for loan deals as parent Clubs might want to loan to no lower than Championship.

Then it's a scramble for full-time mediocre players....  

4 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Was more meaning they will remain full-time I take it?  

The more full-time teams the more players needing to be persuaded to drop down to that division. Any decent player wanting to remain full-time will give Championship teams more thought unless they can be enticed with more money/longer contract.

It could be a case the League1 full-time teams get the lower end of the pack of full-time players as most will want to play in the Championship. Same goes for loan deals as parent Clubs might want to loan to no lower than Championship.

Then it's a scramble for full-time mediocre players....  

Once the clowns in charge are gone, I think there's still a better appeal signing for Falkirk than most championship clubs. Probably still pay better money & win on a weekly basis. Combined with the fact we're box office AF then its a no brainer.

Don't have a problem at all with Paton staying on, think he would be a good leader for  us. Coming in and out of the team for specific games/situations he would go a good job I reckon, which is what I thought he was signed for this season. Thought Kidd would've stayed on, even just as a back-up. Seemed to have a decent engine on him most times he played in the middle of the park.

38 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Think you're onto something here.. Was starting to think the same, with a name like BendtnerBairn I would guess he's about 15-17

49 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Please don’t start this looks based adulation of signings again.

It fucked us over last season.

Aye, that's what fucked us over right enough.

1 hour ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Don't have a problem at all with Paton staying on, think he would be a good leader for  us. Coming in and out of the team for specific games/situations he would go a good job I reckon, which is what I thought he was signed for this season. Thought Kidd would've stayed on, even just as a back-up. Seemed to have a decent engine on him most times he played in the middle of the park.

We are not in any financial position to be signing "back-up" or squad players. Kidd has been at the club for three years. I cannot remember a single worthwhile contribution from him. Time for him to leech a wage from some other suckers.