The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bailey1874 said:

You would therefore say that all the blame for Falkirk finding themselves in League One is purely down to Hartley and McKinnon?

It’s 99.9% Hartley’s fault. How a team does on the pitch is largely up to the quality of players signed. He signed 16 and not a single one is good enough. 

The board have made decisions(like appointing him) that were wrong in hindsight and Mackinnon’s tactics have been negative(largely due to a lack of quality) but the buck has to stop with him for signing so many players and every one being miles below the level required.

People can say the board shouldn’t have sanctioned it or whatever but there’d have been rightful uproar if Margaret Lang and Craig Campbell had said ‘no, you can’t have the captain of the Chelsea under 21 team’.

Edited by LatapyBairn

8 minutes ago, LatapyBairn said:

It’s 99.9% Hartley’s fault. How a team does on the pitch is largely up to the quality of players signed. He signed 16 and not a single one is good enough. 

The board have made decisions(like appointing him) that were wrong in hindsight and Mackinnon’s tactics have been negative(largely due to a lack of quality) but the buck has to stop with him for signing so many players and every one being miles below the level required.

People can say the board shouldn’t have sanctioned it or whatever but there’d have been rightful uproar if Margaret Lang and Craig Campbell had said ‘no, you can’t have the captain of the Chelsea under 21 team’.

Lang and the board appointed Hartley in the first place.

They then backed his style of management ie. signing players without watching them. They are part of this disgrace.

What's the thoughts on signing Tam Scobbie ? Play him beside the Edge as a center back pairing. Ex academy, Falkirk fan, Captained the side, Experienced. He ticks a lot of boxes for what we require to build on and would give you 100% every game. With a bonus he is a hard little bugger ! something sadly missing last season.

Nah would a terrible signing. Scobbie is fucking rotten.

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

What's the thoughts on signing Tam Scobbie ? Play him beside the Edge as a center back pairing. Ex academy, Falkirk fan, Captained the side, Experienced. He ticks a lot of boxes for what we require to build on and would give you 100% every game. With a bonus he is a hard little bugger ! something sadly missing last season.

Injury prone, looks a stone overweight and obviously didn't stroll league 1 last season, same applies to Peter Grant as injury prone with him playing 9 games since leaving us. You can add yer Toshney to the above list of no ta McKinnon.

We need to steer clear of injury prone players in what will be a smaller squad, I'm expecting a fair amount of 6 month or season loans coming in again.

I wouldn't be adversed to picking up a couple of part time Arbroath players who obviously know the league and what it takes to win it. It's not what we should be looking to do long term, it's all about a quick fix, but I'm still not convinced McKinnon is the guy to quick fix us tho. I smell away to Annan, East Fife, Edinburgh city etc with us playing one up front

33 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I wouldn't be adversed to picking up a couple of part time Arbroath players who obviously know the league and what it takes to win it. It's not what we should be looking to do long term, it's all about a quick fix

Bringing in part time Arbroath players as a ‘quick fix’ is the last thing we should be doing. Changing the whole squad every 6 months doesn’t work and has to stop. We need to be looking to bring in players who are capable of developing and competing in the championship next year, augmented by some more experienced faces.

I smell away to Annan, East Fife, Edinburgh city etc with us playing one up front

No saying this is what you mean but I really fucking hate this thought process that ‘one up front’ is somehow negative or defensive. Likewise starting with 4 strikers doesn’t necessarily make it anymore attacking. As long as the balance and support from midfield is fine then playing with a lone striker is absolutely fine and that’s why more teams now play with 1 rather than 2 up front.

No saying this is what you mean but I really fucking hate this thought process that ‘one up front’ is somehow negative or defensive. Likewise starting with 4 strikers doesn’t necessarily make it anymore attacking. As long as the balance and support from midfield is fine then playing with a lone striker is absolutely fine and that’s why more teams now play with 1 rather than 2 up front.
I'm with you on this. Has really infuriated me the way some fans moan about this like Ray is the only manager to do it. Some of the best mangers in the world play one up top. In fact one of the most preferred formations nowadays is a 4231

Nah would a terrible signing. Scobbie is fucking rotten.
This. I felt sorry for him in the 6 1 game. He get utterly rinsed. LL and Sibbs were targeting him and skinning him at will. Thats over a year ago too.

The FH has released a list of players in today’s issue. Laverty, Mutch, McShane, Paton and Maclean all have deals for next season. Dixon, Robson, McGhee and McKenna are all in talks to be kept with the rest of the dross released. I’d probably be happy with the above and the released list makes for happy reading. 

The FH has released a list of players in today’s issue. Laverty, Mutch, McShane, Paton and Maclean all have deals for next season. Dixon, Robson, McGhee and McKenna are all in talks to be kept with the rest of the dross released. I’d probably be happy with the above and the released list makes for happy reading. 
Hows Ciaran Dunnes contract situation? If he is ever going to do something he should be looking to do it this season. If not, lets not O'Hara it and keep giving him deals

STATEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussions have been held with all of our first team players following last Saturday’s relegation to League One. We can confirm that Harry Burgoyne, William Edjenguele, Mark Waddington, Shayne Lavery, Aaron Jarvis, Zak Rudden and Davis Keillor Dunn have all returned to their parent clubs. Further to this, Leo Fasan, Patrick Brough, Lewis Kidd, Nikolay Todorov, Kevin O’Hara, Deimantas Petravicius and Abdul Osman have all left the club.

Robbie Mutch, Paul Paton, Ian McShane, Ross MacLean and Aidan Laverty are all contracted to the club for Season 2019/2020.

We would like to offer our sincere thanks to all those players who are leaving the club and wish them the very best for the future.

Further player and club updates will follow.

7 hours ago, Senator Frimpton said:

If you're suggesting the board listen to the fans then why are they still here?

I don't think he is but given some of Langs comments it would suggest she or some of the board read P&B and at the time Hartleys name was a stick out  given Coyle went to County, wasnt till he was signed that some of the Alloa supporters mentioned that PH man management skills were woeful.