The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
3 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

When do people genuinely think we'll hear something from the club? What's your money on?

First statement will be about departures. My guess is they will wait for some good news before addressing relegation. 

There treating the fan base and loyal supporters with distain!

Any chance of going tits-up and giving us your league place ?

It's worked for us before after all.
Its proper dodgy. We will either partick it or Falkirk it.
Young unknown players. It worked for you guys.....

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

When do people genuinely think we'll hear something from the club? What's your money on?

Hopefully when they are in a position to confirm that the whole lot - majority shareholders, Shambles Lang, Calamity Craig- have buggered off, in their entirety, never to darken our door again, and that we are under new ownership. Not interested in anything else. There is absolutely nothing they could say that would even begin to repair the relationship with the support. Their contempt for us could not be any more obvious. The last thing we need is more spin, more lies, more blame,  more slogans, more "strategies", more  1/2/3/5/20-year plans, more Powerpoint specials from Craigie Boy to prove to the proles that League 1 is our natural level. They are finished. They know it. Just go.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t hear anything at all from them. Only resignations and a players release list is my bets. Do we really expect Lang and Campbell to come out and apologise? They didn’t apologise for the dealing of the Dennon Lewis incident, they didn’t apologise regarding the absolute tinpot dealing regarding the copyright of the club badge. They haven’t apologised for the absolute c**t they made of signing McKinnon. They’ve been silent for the past 6 months, and by the looks of it, they’ll slither out without a peep, or try to pander to the fans in order to get season ticket sales up.

12 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Shutting the academy wasn’t the problem IMO and putting the money towards the first team was correct. It was the fact we used the money to sign utter shite that’s what relegated us.

You would therefore say that all the blame for Falkirk finding themselves in League One is purely down to Hartley and McKinnon?

What's the thoughts on signing Tam Scobbie ? Play him beside the Edge as a center back pairing. Ex academy, Falkirk fan, Captained the side, Experienced. He ticks a lot of boxes for what we require to build on and would give you 100% every game. With a bonus he is a hard little bugger ! something sadly missing last season.

f**k me but that statement puts our board of dullards to shame.

Or given the hints in their statement re other clubs performing worse financially, and the lack of info from our board, suggest just how bad things may be at our side.
I would also take it from this, that DAFC would possibly be one of those pushing for a 12 team Championship....

You would therefore say that all the blame for Falkirk finding themselves in League One is purely down to Hartley and McKinnon?

I’d say more Hartley, his signings were beyond awful. Signed 16 and only Fasan, Paton, Brough and Petravicious remain. Brough and Fasan haven’t played this calendar year. Tells you everything. McKinnon’s signings have been alright few below par and a few above par (Burgoyne, Rudden).

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

What's the thoughts on signing Tam Scobbie ? Play him beside the Edge as a center back pairing. Ex academy, Falkirk fan, Captained the side, Experienced. He ticks a lot of boxes for what we require to build on and would give you 100% every game. With a bonus he is a hard little bugger ! something sadly missing last season.

It's a no from me.

Didn't really rate him first time around and he seems to have regressed since, well, according to fans of St Johnstone, DU and Partick anyway. He would probably be OK in League 1 but, given McKinnon's comments about trying to get players on board for future seasons, I wouldn't want him for any possible Championship campaign. 

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

He’s not a Falkirk fan.