The Falkirk FC Thread

22 minutes ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

Petra selling his car and looking for a quick sale, would suggest he is leaving the country,

I doubt McKenna's dad will allow him to sign on for a league one team, can see him staying high championship at worst.

Can see McGhee ending up at a Livingston or Hamilton as a backup. 

McShane has a fat arse so if no one else wants him, he might stay on.

Kidd will stay, he isnt good enough for anywhere else and will likely shine in League One

Edge and Dixon I reckon will sign up for next year, which I would be quite happy about

I actually think Kidd is underrated.

Anytime he plays we seem to do well. Scored in the 6-1 Dundee United game n aht.

He's best pals with McShane so just play them CM together next year.

Also, I think this spiel about the academy turning out hundreds of superstars is wide of the mark. 

McGrandles, Fulton and Kingsley were the only players who came through and established themselves in our first team before being sold on over a 10 year period. 

Biabi, Gallagher and Blair weren’t good enough to play for us when sold for buttons and I’d be astounded if any have a future at any decent level.

The idea that we’ve shut something that was consistently producing first team players being promoted by the likes of Tam McManus and John Hughes or even that it contributed to our relegation is utter rubbish.

Edited by LatapyBairn

17 minutes ago, LatapyBairn said:

If he goes for around £8 million, we’ll get £2 mil of that, which is more than all the academy sales we’ve had. Yes, a sale that big is an exception to the rule but there’s no reason we couldn’t get lots of smaller sales if we have the right scouting network in place(ie not Hartley and Mitchell).

The way we recruited McKenna is an example. There are lots of players coming out of the American college system and the money saved from the academy could allow us to offer longer term contracts to get a return on them.

You seem to be in the know (or are you just the latest incarnation of Edibairn)? so maybe you could give us a break down of the monies received from the academy sales and how you've worked out that we would get £2m from an £8m sale?

5 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

I actually think Kidd is underrated.

Anytime he plays we seem to do well. Scored in the 6-1 Dundee United game n aht.

He's best pals with McShane so just play them CM together next year.

Kidd will be playing championship football next season if he doesn’t sign for us. He also has the advantage of playing 3 positions.

Just now, ShaggerG said:

You seem to be in the know (or are you just the latest incarnation of Edibairn)? so maybe you could give us a break down of the monies received from the academy sales and how you've worked out that we would get £2m from an £8m sale?

I’m purely going off the rumour that the clause is 25% and the figures suggested for sales at the time. If we say Fulton, McGrandles and Kingsley went for around £400,000 each which is probably generous, you then have Gallagher for a rumoured £200k and Biabi and Blair probably less.

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, LatapyBairn said:

Kidd will be playing championship football next season if he doesn’t sign for us. He also has the advantage of playing 3 positions.

Kidd won't be playing for a full time team next season!

6 minutes ago, LatapyBairn said:

I’m purely going off the rumour that the clause is 25% and the figures suggested for sales at the time. If we say Fulton, McGrandles and Kingsley went for around £400,000 each which is probably generous, you then have Gallagher for a rumoured £200k and Biabi and Blair probably less.

Are you including add-on's then because Kingsley, Fulton & Arfield would certainly have been more than £400k each when taking them into account IMO. I think I'm right in saying that Arfield's initial fee was equal to our previous highest which was £375k for Yogi and I'm sure that the McGrandles figure was higher than that.

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Fairly certain McGrandles was nearly a million. 

That was the maximum figure that would have been achieved with every single add on like 50 first team appearances, international caps, Norwich winning the champions league, 1000 league goals  etc which were never met. The actual transfer fee was nothing like £1 million.

Edited by LatapyBairn

7 minutes ago, LatapyBairn said:

That was the maximum figure that would have been achieved with every single add on like 50 first team appearances, international caps etc which were never met. The actual transfer fee was nothing like £1 million.

Aye, that's my memory of it too, although £500k is in my mind for the initial fee. I think we would have got a lot more if it hadn't been for Joe McKee though!

7 minutes ago, Rocco said:
40 minutes ago, LatapyBairn said:

None of them that we'll though

115 appearances in the championship would beg to differ. He’ll go to Ayr to replace Smith IMO

Edited by LatapyBairn

I just don't understand why everyone badgers Kidd so much.

Has been a solid player for us when used - mostly out of position at RB.

He's never done anything seriously wrong. He actually moves the ball on quite well and has a lot of nice one touch play which speeds our play up. Something which we can lack.

Edited by BendtnerBairn