The Falkirk FC Thread

No less than Falkirk deserve. They shitfested the whole season, including the games they won.

They will come back stronger, its a novelty for them. As opposed to clubs like us or Morton who have been down there before and have enough experience of how shite it is.

8 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Glorious

Absolutely glorious and totally deserved. Thompson has proven himself incompetant as Chairman. 

Having worked with him outside football it does not surprise me in the slightest. 

Love it. 

1 hour ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

That does sound like Falkirk fans, right enough. Was Bairnardo still with you at that point? :thumsup2

I'd rather Airdrie in November than Greenock, to be perfectly honest. Closer, and the fans aren't total mutants. Hi VT! 

"Witnessed" FFS :unsure2:

You should take all your train journeys with your head out the window, I hear it improves the experience. 

Don't let the trapdoor hit you on the way down:)

5 hours ago, VladimirMooc said:

How did Abdul Osman turn out for you? 

#itsnoteasy to be relegated twice in two seasons but the big man managed it. 

Enjoy League One. 

Horrendous. I’m not quite sure what he brings to a side. He’s mastered the art of jockeying a player to a tee. Never actually puts a challenge in mind you. 

1 hour ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

That does sound like Falkirk fans, right enough. Was Bairnardo still with you at that point? :thumsup2

I'd rather Airdrie in November than Greenock, to be perfectly honest. Closer, and the fans aren't total mutants. Hi VT! 

"Witnessed" FFS :unsure2:

You should take all your train journeys with your head out the window, I hear it improves the experience. 

Ooft! The Sunday morning tears are no less delicious! 

Is it too optimistic to be looking forward to actually winning some games?

obviously gutted but were not the only ones to go down this route - need to make sure we bounce back and preferably do so with a new MSG.

understand all the anger yesterday but come week 1 of the season it’s about supporting the Bairns again

Yesterday was odd. I had us down about 5 or 6 weeks ago and was only really there to lend a number and my considersable fighting ability should it be required to the protests. However, as a football fan you are sucked in once the whistle goes and when Ayr equalised you did wonder for a second.

Still, you can imagine how the last half hour of that match went and hoping for results from other is an absolute fools endeavour.

Few lads yesterday put in really big performances which is just frustrating really. No more to be said than that I dont think.

Huge week for the club. The board have seen what the fans think. If they go, then the season tickets get renewed and hopefully we can get our minds back to what will be (another) crucial squad build, and start next season on a wave of positivity. League one is going to be hard. We cant #bigteam our way out of it by default. If this next week goes badly and we (myself anyway) refuse to renew and the budget etc is unclear resulting in a hindered pre season then we will be down there for more than 1 season. Needs must though.

As far as where it all went wrong for the folk wondering... For me its a case of building negafive momentum. Houston started off his last season having lost key players, failed to replace them, but with the nucleus of the squad that finished second twice, fell into the trap of thinkijg we would be up there by default. Then we got into full rebuild territory and from then on, you are only one bad job away from disaster. It really all snowballed over the last two years.

League football ensures you play in the league you deserve to so it is what is in that regard. Just hope the board do the right thing now, GTF and let us get back to thinking about football.

As far as looking forward to it.... Na not really. I am sure if we were to win the league id be sucked in on the matchdays just like I was yesterday but it would be tinged with this seasons failures and a bit of a minter to celebrate it too much. More like the righting of many wrongs.

Away games will certainly be something different and all going well it will be nice to watch a winning team but we wont get it for free.

Jordan McGhees goal and celebration tho.... I do hope he stays.

Unlucky boys ,know how your feeling just now , get the right manager and players and it is possible to go right up .

Beside the crowds being a bit lower in L1 it’s no that bad a league with some new teams to play against...always like ma games against the Bairns so we'll maybe see you lot in a couple of years . 

4 minutes ago, snorkie said:

Unlucky boys ,know how your feeling just now , get the right manager and players and it is possible to go right up .

Beside the crowds being a bit lower in L1 it’s no that bad a league with some new teams to play against...always like ma games against the Bairns so we'll maybe see you lot in a couple of years . 

Are you a rational football fan.....? Didn’t realise your kind existed on P&B

Hopefully it’ll be a quick return a la Livi and the Fifers

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yesterday was odd. I had us down about 5 or 6 weeks ago and was only really there to lend a number and my considersable fighting ability should it be required to the protests. However, as a football fan you are sucked in once the whistle goes and when Ayr equalised you did wonder for a second.

Still, you can imagine how the last half hour of that match went and hoping for results from other is an absolute fools endeavour.

Few lads yesterday put in really big performances which is just frustrating really. No more to be said than that I dont think.

Huge week for the club. The board have seen what the fans think. If they go, then the season tickets get renewed and hopefully we can get our minds back to what will be (another) crucial squad build, and start next season on a wave of positivity. League one is going to be hard. We cant #bigteam our way out of it by default. If this next week goes badly and we (myself anyway) refuse to renew and the budget etc is unclear resulting in a hindered pre season then we will be down there for more than 1 season. Needs must though.

As far as where it all went wrong for the folk wondering... For me its a case of building negafive momentum. Houston started off his last season having lost key players, failed to replace them, but with the nucleus of the squad that finished second twice, fell into the trap of thinkijg we would be up there by default. Then we got into full rebuild territory and from then on, you are only one bad job away from disaster. It really all snowballed over the last two years.

League football ensures you play in the league you deserve to so it is what is in that regard. Just hope the board do the right thing now, GTF and let us get back to thinking about football.

As far as looking forward to it.... Na not really. I am sure if we were to win the league id be sucked in on the matchdays just like I was yesterday but it would be tinged with this seasons failures and a bit of a minter to celebrate it too much. More like the righting of many wrongs.

Away games will certainly be something different and all going well it will be nice to watch a winning team but we wont get it for free.

Jordan McGhees goal and celebration tho.... I do hope he stays.

Ideally it’s a new major shareholder - issue goes beyond the Board.

Our MSG is made up of clowns like Lex Miller - no interest in the club, just wants to be pally with the players to show off to his mates. Get them to f**k and we might be in with a chance of moving forward agai 

7 minutes ago, Boaby The Bairn said:

7 minutes ago, Boaby The Bairn said:

Are you a rational football fan.....? Didn’t realise your kind existed on P&B

Hopefully it’ll be a quick return a la Livi and the Fifers

No on this to often also family memebers and a mate are Bairns 

Edited by snorkie

Ideally it’s a new major shareholder - issue goes beyond the Board.

Our MSG is made up of clowns like Lex Miller - no interest in the club, just wants to be pally with the players to show off to his mates. Get them to f**k and we might be in with a chance of moving forward agai 
Yeah I know I am just using board as a catch all term for the idiots who oversaw this mess. They all need to relinquish their influence over the club be it in appointing board members, or appointing managers, or putting out misguided shite statements and making an arse of themselves Craig.

Forgot to add, a 2 or 3 year plan is essential. Its all very well springboarding back up but if you do it without a plan to try and "do a Livi" or similar then wr will just end up in a world of mediocrity again. This has happened, we need to try and use it.

Also forgot to add, Lavery was a livewire yesterday and its criminal that he was held back whilst we toiled for ideas up front. Hindsight though....