The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:
You still defending the c**t?
Pitiful.

No. I am pointing out the silly logic some have applied to the situation.

Only logic that needs to be applied is this: if you want to move to what you think is a better job, there's no need to breach your contract in order to do so. Most people would conclude that it was in fact in their own best interests (and those of their new employer) not to breach a contract... but Ray and his agent, clearly, are not most people... As for the authorised representatives of his new employer... f**k me.

By way of contrast, most (though not all) Morton supporters recognise that Tidser was well within his rights to sign a PCA; they might not have liked it, but it didn't generate the same kind of response as McKinnon... for the above reasons. Cut to a week past on Saturday...

I said a few weeks ago that, if he keeps you up, you're perfectly entitled to bracket the ethics and say 'worth it'. If, as looks likely, he takes you down, you should hound him all the way back to Lochee with his arse on fire...

7 hours ago, faedenny said:

agree with the sentiment however i think we are over a barrel when it comes to finances and really need some type of sugar daddy to come in and bail us out and take us forward. agree dont care what club they support as long as they support and provide necessary finances to progress falkirk in the leagues, finish the stadium and get us playing with a bit of finesse and entertainment again. been dire the past couple seasons.

What is just as important as a cash injection from any new owners is the motif. Any business owner would have a business plan and a direction of where they want to go with the club and a timeline to achieve their target. Just like any other business investment. If the club are being taken over by a group then most likely we will be no more than a line on a balance sheet with other unknown investments. Would prefer somebody or a group of individuals that have connections with the town and the clubs history and the financial clout to achieve the clubs potential. If it can work at St Johnstone and Ross County it can work at Falkirk. 

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

What is just as important as a cash injection from any new owners is the motif. Any business owner would have a business plan and a direction of where they want to go with the club and a timeline to achieve their target. Just like any other business investment. If the club are being taken over by a group then most likely we will be no more than a line on a balance sheet with other unknown investments. Would prefer somebody or a group of individuals that have connections with the town and the clubs history and the financial clout to achieve the clubs potential. If it can work at St Johnstone and Ross County it can work at Falkirk. 

Or alternatively follow the model we use with zero cash injection for the last 30 years and the stadium and support generate the funds to support the football side of the business.

Without the Main stand and the revenue it generates during the week we would be back in the championship and be another Ayr United or Morton. As it stands the last set of accounts showed around 2 million in the bank for the rainy day when it comes.

Going down to league 1/getting new owners could be good to take stock and build a fresh identity moving forward. It's so stagnant and utter p**h currently that staying up might not actually solve much of our current issues.

As long as we don't go down and sign Francisco Sandaza & co. like the Teddy Bears did. Brutal.

23 hours ago, MonEhTon said:

You’re fooling nobody kid. The reality is, Morton normally don’t care about Falkirk, and Falkirk don’t normally care about Morton. The animosity this season came from you tapping up our manager and him jumping straight away. That created a rivalry which previously didn’t exist. First you had the “we took your manager” bragging rights; fair enough. We beat you at cappielow, we had bragging rights; fair enough.

You signed Tids on a PCA then bragged about stealing our best player; fair enough. Now he’s almost certainly not joining as you’re pretty much down, throwing bragging rights back to us; fair enough.

You can insist Falkirk don’t care about Morton all you want, but the McKinnon avatars, pitch invasions before half time when drawing and bouncing about Morton threads on the wind up suggest you really do care.

REALLY......FUCKING REALLY. Naturally I've been at all the games involving the two teams and nothing more than the odd shout on the terraces has been of note.  The pitch invasion was just pished lads on their first Friday night game away on the tele. 

You sound like someone whos just found out their Mrs has been shagging around and chucked you, but in a desperate effort to save face make it seem like you did the dumping reciting any fleeting encounters you've had of your own. 

MORTON are nothing to us, we don't care, we likely never will. In fact i'd go as far to say as I don't mind morton as its a good day out. 

f**k I thought Stenny and shire fans were bad for drumming up a rivalry between us.  

Edited by moanthebairns

REALLY......FUCKING REALLY. Naturally I've been at all the games involving the two teams and nothing more than the odd shout on the terraces has been of note.  The pitch invasion was just pished lads on their first Friday night game away on the tele. 
You sound like someone whos just found out their Mrs has been shagging around and chucked you, but in a desperate effort to save face make it seem like you did the dumping reciting any fleeting encounters you've had of your own. 
MORTON are nothing to us, we don't care, we likely never will. In fact i'd go as far to say as I don't mind morton as its a good day out. 
f**k I thought Stenny and shire fans were bad for drumming up a rivalry between us.  

*frothing, spittle flecked outrage* "I don't mind Morton"

22 minutes ago, moanthebairns said:

The other guy's post summed it up pretty accurately I thought. 

I'm actually kind of embarrassed for you after that post.  Have yourself a wee lie down. 

26 minutes ago, moanthebairns said:

:lol:

41 minutes ago, moanthebairns said:

:lol:

What an utterly hilarious state to get yourself in! 

I feel sorry for the fans of teams you do dislike if this is how you react to teams you don't care about.

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Killie fan with saved photos of a Rangers legend - imagine my shock

I know. 

Don't you just hate reminders of Rangers, like when fans plead for the aid of a sugar daddy, despite the big advantages their club already enjoys?

19 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

To be fair, if we were going down the Rangers route we'd either pay the players under the table or get a third party to pay for them instead.

Tbf, that model is allegedly alive and working well in and around West Lothian.