The Falkirk FC Thread

13 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

11pm on a Sunday night and these dossers are still hanging around the #boxofficebairns thread.

Needed to pass the time time before the Battle of Winterfell m8

6 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Mental that things can change over time eh

That's the point though isn't it? Things haven't changed over time; the tactics were always going to fail in the long-term but you were too caught up in the excitement of a few good results to even accept it as a possibility.

16 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

A good, level-headed statement from Tids. No badmouthing of Morton or anyone at the club, though I’m sure he could have said a few things with some justification. We won’t be able to afford him next season so I wish him well wherever he ends up, he’s been a very good player for us over the years.

Having been able to look at Falkirk"s omnishambles since he signed the PCA, for Tidser to join this mob if they do stay up would be akin to him travelling back in time to sign up as a crewman on the Titanic.

His agent knows what filthy lucre is but not due diligence. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:
13 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:
The absolute cheek Lang has to come out with this:
“We will get through it and will come back stronger from it. We will rebuild and we will do it with you.”
Get. Tae. f**k.

What is this?

Lang’s comments at the Gala awards last night.

Lang’s comments at the Gala awards last night.
She can fucking well come out and say it to us all instead of some black tie do.

f**k off Lang you delusional arse. You cant preside over this and take no responsibility for it. We will need money to come back from this and you have proven to be like a fucking cow with a gun when it comes to having money.

Left us relegated and praying for Will Vaulks to get the move he deserves as one of our two shots at a decent playing budget, the other being the fan buyout which you and your tea party cronies are doing everything in your power to block whilst lying to us about it.

f**k off out of our club. Consider my season ticket gone until you do the right thing.

Il be in the South after full time with everyone else. Heres hoping you have at least the courtesy to give us the same speech you gave your dinner guests if you really believe it.

And bring the rest of your tea party out too

Guest Ecosse83

If the board are going to stay then the first thing they need to do to try and win the support back will be to get rid of McKinnon. If they do that then that might just buy them some time.

Having Lang as chairwoman won't stop me going to the games but having McKinnon and his 1970 tactics might just make me think twice about going. I just want to go on a Saturday and be fucking entertained!

Edited by Ecosse83

1 hour ago, Branch Ton said:

Having been able to look at Falkirk"s omnishambles since he signed the PCA, for Tidser to join this mob if they do stay up would be akin to him travelling back in time to sign up as a crewman on the Titanic.

His agent knows what filthy lucre is but not due diligence. 

Why don't you hound him on twitter to find out just like you did Rudden? 

“We will get through it and will come back stronger from it. We will rebuild and we will do it with you.”
Get. Tae. f**k.

I must say, given the ‘rebuilding’ under her tenure that has been going on around this club the last 18 months, this fills me with confidence......

If the board are going to stay then the first thing they need to do to try and win the support back will be to get rid of McKinnon. If they do that then that might just buy them some time.
Having Lang as chairwoman won't stop me going to the games but having McKinnon and his 1970 tactics might just make me think twice about going. I just want to go on a Saturday and be fucking entertained!

McKinnon is a cog in the wheel.
If you want change, the board has to go.
They made the major strategic decisions that fucked our club, not McKinnon...

Guest Ecosse83
35 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

McKinnon is a cog in the wheel.
If you want change, the board has to go.
They made the major strategic decisions that fucked our club, not McKinnon...

I don't disagree but as I said they won't stop me going to watch the team on a Saturday. 

McKinnon's brand of football might be enough to stop me going, or at least stop me renewing my season ticket so I can pick and choose which games I would want to go to. 

2 hours ago, Stuperman01 said:

If you are looking for spelling and punctuation excellence then you're in the wrong place.  Granted I missed a 'w' from the word 'own' however I really don't use this forum as the basis for any English superiority. You must have a pretty sad life if you trawl this forum marking people's posts. 

I don't have a sad life, chum, and I don't "mark" posts. It seems to have whooshed by you that I was pointing out that your post was unnecessary as  all you had to do was look at the Morton thread........ 

2 hours ago, Stuperman01 said:

If you are looking for spelling and punctuation excellence then you're in the wrong place.  Granted I missed a 'w' from the word 'own' however I really don't use this forum as the basis for any English superiority. You must have a pretty sad life if you trawl this forum marking people's posts. 

Yeah, he does.

2 hours ago, JinkyBairn said:

Get. Tae. f**k.

2 hours ago, JinkyBairn said:

If she thinks she can just kick on again next season, her head’s well and truly up her arse.

Zero chance I’ll be buying a season ticket if her and Campbell are still in their positions.

I wish we had a board that provided the finance to rebuild a squad twice in as many seasons as yours has done.  You ungrateful wretches.   What more do you want?  Could maybe have done better on the managerial appointments right enough.  :)

1 hour ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

I don't have a sad life, chum, and I don't "mark" posts. It seems to have whooshed by you that I was pointing out that your post was unnecessary as  all you had to do was look at the Morton thread........ 

Hit a raw nerve there I think, but yet again another post on the Falkirk FC thread. 

16 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

The more I read on here this thread and the United v Falkirk match thread it feels like open season for fans of all other clubs to take pot shots at Falkirk :lol::lol::lol:.

Surely it's time to declare Falkirk an endangered and protected club from all such attacks :).

It has been a bit of a pile on by fans of other clubs which, in many ways, has been a bit unfair. Falkirk's current situation should be concerning for the vast majority of Scottish football fans. They're one of our games traditional big(ish) clubs and to see them teetering on the brink of a disastrous relegation to the 3rd tier of the game is nothing short of a disaster. This is a club who in recent seasons have competed towards the upper echelons of the league system, have been to 2 Scottish Cup finals and had an academy that was as productive as any other in this country. Compare and contrast that with their current plight which has seen them perform diabolically in the league, suffer an incredibly embarrassing Scottish Cup defeat to their local rivals (which has seen droves of young supporters change allegiance to aforementioned rivals) , be tainted with a horrible and untimely racism allegation and have to fork out thousands in fines to cover the tapping-up of a deeply unsuccessful manager. Its also worth remembering that the clubs playing resources are worth next to nothing and they don't hold any tangible assets (the Falkirk Stadium is entirely owned and funded by local taxpayers). An annus horribilis to say the very least!!

As fans of the lesser lights in our game we shouldn't be kicking Falkirk when  they are down - we should be sticking together. I take no pleasure in seeing a grand club with the stature of 'The Bairns' flounder in such spectacular fashion which is why I would hope my club would extend the hand of friendship to them when the inevitable eviction and bankruptcy occurs and vote to have them parachuted back into the senior set-up or, at the very least, offer an extended groundshare agreement at Ochilview.

Together in friendship.

On 8/31/2018 at 15:10, Bairnardo said:
On 8/31/2018 at 15:08, Ralphies_Chip said:
What a load of shite! 
The football on display under McKinnon was the worst iv'e ever witnessed at Tannadice and his away record was an absolute joke.
Really hope this is true...

I dont believe it was worse than under Laszlo, but anyway, your club is a laughing stock level shambles so I am happy to gauge McKinnon on how he was able to have his Raith side play just as much as I am willing to heed what he did with your rabble

This has aged well IMO.

It has been a bit of a pile on by fans of other clubs which, in many ways, has been a bit unfair. Falkirk's current situation should be concerning for the vast majority of Scottish football fans. They're one of our games traditional big(ish) clubs and to see them teetering on the brink of a disastrous relegation to the 3rd tier of the game is nothing short of a disaster. This is a club who in recent seasons have competed towards the upper echelons of the league system, have been to 2 Scottish Cup finals and had an academy that was as productive as any other in this country. Compare and contrast that with their current plight which has seen them perform diabolically in the league, suffer an incredibly embarrassing Scottish Cup defeat to their local rivals (which has seen droves of young supporters change allegiance to aforementioned rivals) , be tainted with a horrible and untimely racism allegation and have to fork out thousands in fines to cover the tapping-up of a deeply unsuccessful manager. Its also worth remembering that the clubs playing resources are worth next to nothing and they don't hold any tangible assets (the Falkirk Stadium is entirely owned and funded by local taxpayers). An annus horribilis to say the very least!!
As fans of the lesser lights in our game we shouldn't be kicking Falkirk when  they are down - we should be sticking together. I take no pleasure in seeing a grand club with the stature of 'The Bairns' flounder in such spectacular fashion which is why I would hope my club would extend the hand of friendship to them when the inevitable eviction and bankruptcy occurs and vote to have them parachuted back into the senior set-up or, at the very least, offer an extended groundshare agreement at Ochilview.
Together in friendship.
Lot of typing for such a shite result
This has aged well IMO.
Yer maw hasn't