The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

No need for a clause, PCA isn't worth the paper it's not written on. He'll need to find himself a new club either way, no way your Board will ever stump up the cash for him.

FTFY:(

Edited by KabbaCharming

No need for a clause, PCA isn't worth the paper it's not written on. He'll need to find himself a new club either way, no way some of your mankier fans will ever forgive him. 

I read that from an interview with him. I would guess he will end up with one of the Dundee clubs or lower end SPL clubs.

I don't see him staying at Cappielow as he's on a good deal as it is and we will be trimming the budget for next season

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I see there is a plan for a sit in protest on Saturday after the game. That in itself isn’t going to change anything but what it will do if most support it is give a message to those in power their time is running out.

I'm sorry but I reckon a sit in is the least effective form of protest (and I appreciate it's not you organizing it).

The BOD will be straight into the boardroom  at full time for their last drinkies & a spot of tiffin, from where they  can't even see (or hear) the protesters. The stewards & bobbies will slowly clear folks as the lure of the pub gets too much. If it's for publicity then who are they expecting to show it - Falkirk TV?    

Much better would be for the mob to get outside the main stand and wait for the BOD to exit , let them run the gauntlet of verbal abuse - they will be in doubt of how we feel then . Just like in the old days of Brockville.

2 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

I'm sorry but I reckon a sit in is the least effective form of protest (and I appreciate it's not you organizing it).

The BOD will be straight into the boardroom  at full time for their last drinkies & a spot of tiffin, from where they  can't even see (or hear) the protesters. The stewards & bobbies will slowly clear folks as the lure of the pub gets too much. If it's for publicity then who are they expecting to show it - Falkirk TV?    

Much better would be for the mob to get outside the main stand and wait for the BOD to exit , let them run the gauntlet of verbal abuse - they will be in doubt of how we feel then . Just like in the old days of Brockville.

The sit in can be nulified by making the protesters watch even more of whats been served up this season, failing that they could also call on Dallison, Lewis and Haber to return and say farewell and thanks for the pay off. that would clear any stadium out the very thought of any of them returning.

No need for a clause, PCA isn't worth the paper it's not written on. He'll need to find himself a new club either way, no way some of your mankier fans will ever forgive him. 

Sadly you're right there -  even as we started slipping into the relegation fight one of our mankier and more vocal trumpets was demanding that Tidser never be selected for Morton again. Seemed that he and a few others would rather risk seeing the club go down than use the classiest player in the squad to help keep us up - which he has done. Small-minded stupidity on their part. 

Tids won't have been happy with us this season (who would?) and an alleged fallout with Houston wouldn't have helped.  It's unfortunate that it happened to be McKinnon and Falkirk who offered him comparatively big money but he'd've been daft not to agree to the pre-contract and wherever he goes I'll wish him well. 

27 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

Do Morton fans post on their on thread these day's? 

Sometimes they do, yes.  I'm sure you knew that.

Sometimes too it can be good to drop in on threads where the spelling and punctuation may be worse than it is on our own. 

Falkirk going down and Tidser backing out of his pre contract would be peak minter for Falkirk.

Lording it over morton fans this season for stealing our manager who relegated you, for stealing our best player who didn't actually join you all the while being unable to beat a Jonatan Johansson managed side all season.

Throw in fines from governing bodies, compensation for Mckinnon and lawyers fees and it genuinely couldn't have gone more perfect for us.

In saying that if you survive somehow next week and Tidser signs then consider this post deleted.

Spoiler

The nearest I can compare to the situation we are in is 1984. No players and the club in a mess. Alex Totton rebuilt the side around 4 crucial signings.Crunchy from Camelon Juniors. Jobson and Grant from Alloa and Irvine just freed from Hibs who had just gone to the juniors. 2 wingers, Strong hard working centre forward getting on the end of crosses from the wingers, and a hard working midfielder with the odd goal in him. Totton's team dragged the club up by the bootlaces we need the same inspired leadership again.

14 hours ago, Hughsie said:

We were three points ahead of Alloa on the 9th March and this clown is saying we’d have taken next week’s situation. Infuriating.

He probably means he would have taken his hundred grand a year plus his bonus for not finishing bottom.

Guest Ecosse83
16 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Falkirk going down and Tidser backing out of his pre contract would be peak minter for Falkirk.

Lording it over morton fans this season for stealing our manager who relegated you, for stealing our best player who didn't actually join you all the while being unable to beat a Jonatan Johansson managed side all season.

Throw in fines from governing bodies, compensation for Mckinnon and lawyers fees and it genuinely couldn't have gone more perfect for us.

In saying that if you survive somehow next week and Tidser signs then consider this post deleted.

I hope he does back out of it now. No way we want to be paying  League 1 players top end Championship wages. 

He can sign with Morton for another season and we will take him when we pass you on your way down to League 1 :P

21 minutes ago, port-ton said:

When’s the parade?

Falkirk can back out just as easily as Tidser. Pretty sure it now suits both parties to rip it up. Also pretty sure thats why Falkirk, nor Tidser, ever actually passed any comment on the PCA.

Tidser has finally come out and spoke abiut it.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2019/04/28/michael-tidser-opens-up-on-falkirk-pre-contract-relegation-clause-and-mortons-championship-safety/

2 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Does being in Behind the Goals for a pint count as a sit in?

54 minutes ago, port-ton said:

A good, level-headed statement from Tids. No badmouthing of Morton or anyone at the club, though I’m sure he could have said a few things with some justification. We won’t be able to afford him next season so I wish him well wherever he ends up, he’s been a very good player for us over the years.

2 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Sometimes they do, yes.  I'm sure you knew that.

Sometimes too it can be good to drop in on threads where the spelling and punctuation may be worse than it is on our own. 

If you are looking for spelling and punctuation excellence then you're in the wrong place.  Granted I missed a 'w' from the word 'own' however I really don't use this forum as the basis for any English superiority. You must have a pretty sad life if you trawl this forum marking people's posts.