The Falkirk FC Thread

34 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

And youl still be able to tweet footballers who will ignore you, because you are a creepy weirdo.

Everyone happy then.

34 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

And youl still be able to tweet footballers who will ignore you, because you are a creepy weirdo.

Everyone happy then.

Falkirk haven’t had any “footballers” for a wee while now but they have managed to provide some decent comedy entertainment. 

I’m sure you will indeed be spreading that happiness in the Seaside leagues for years to come.

I watched Baird absolutely get the pish ripped out of him vs our colts twice in the cup - missed a penalty and stormed off near greeting. If he's the answer to your problems, enjoy League 2

It's alarming that we've become so bad that people are shouting for him to come back.

So despite being full time, regularly attracting 4,000 fans, and being allowed to rebuild in January, he's managed to claw back a whopping 2  points on Alloa in just 8 short months?
Yes, I can see why he's claiming such a feat would have seemed beyond all your wildest dreams back then.

Last year Hartley gained 33 points in 18 games. McKinnon has managed 22 in 16 with one to go.

Hartley’s signings were generally good in January but he had a decent core to build on.

The fans chanting "We want our club back" yesterday have a point.  With the Academy gone and two complete clearouts, there's nobody really left with any connection to the club. The players are mostly loans and short term deals and the management have no history with us.  Behind the scenes I think only Totten could be called a Falkirk man. The club are going to need the fans more than ever when we go down. Players we get in are very unlikely to be capable of taking us on decent cup runs and the general standard of football in that league isn't going to attract the less committed fans. Much has been said about the cost of getting McKinnon and his staff in but the facts of the matter are they've failed to do the job they were hired to do and, with his style of play and bizarre statements, McKinnon's lost the goodwill of most fans - they have to go. A clearout on the pitch is inevitable again (especially if rumours of relegation clauses are true) and we need somebody to say "Stop. What are we trying to do here?". It's not going to be just about getting promoted again, we need to get some of the feeling back. I'd see if Kerr & Miller were still interested in coming and then give them the chance to cut their teeth. If they play attractive football and bring in players with heart and desire I'd personally give them more than one season to get us back if that's what it took.

I got hammered by some on here over a year ago for saying that I had concerns re this whole board strategy of closing the academy’s and no longer looking to our youths and that this could impact us for years to come.
Look where we are now. No fight in the team because no one feels part of the club.
Blame the players...yes.
But blame the board more.

I’m honest enough to admit that I regret not fighting harder for the academy at the time. Not sure what could have been done but I was fairly passive over the whole thing.

I didn’t agree with the decision but we should have done everything possible to stop it.

4 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Osman was our best player yesterday and has generally been very solid since he signed. I'd certainly rather have him in the team than McShane.

Hi mate.  You sobered up?  You got a bit silly last night.  Early to bed with a hot water bottle tonight and maybe watch something on Netflix.  

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I was wondering that myself, but I can't find any website which give league tables on specific dates.

However, Hartley had three league games in charge and Gordon Young one. McKinnon sat in the stand watching us lose the fourth one at Dingwall before he took over the following week. So at that stage in the season we had zero points. 

A quick look at the Alloa results shows they were on five points, having beaten Ross County and drawn with ICT and Dundee Utd.

Partick were on six points, having beaten us and Morton.

In the nine months since taking over, having signed seventeen players (admittedly some for the reserves) and lost sixteen, McKinnon's team.…….

have gained one point on Partick Thistle and two points on Alloa.

Alloa only had two points after four games, their first win was the ninth game of the season.

As McKinnon’s first game with Falkirk was the same weekend as Johansson’s first game with Morton (or am I just that #obsessed with Falkirk rather than looking at it for our own manager’s record? You decide) I’ve looked at this before. Here’s the table since they took over:

1.  Ross County P31 61 +26
  2.  Dundee United P31 58 +8
  3.  Ayr P31 46 +12
  4.  ICT P31 45 +3
  5.  Dunfermline P31 38 +1
  6.  Alloa P31 36 -11
  7.  Morton P31 36 -13
  8.  Falkirk P31 35 -6
  9.  Partick P31 34 -10
  10. QoS P31 31 -11

So, while it’s transparent bullshit for McKinnon to say he’d have taken this position considering you made it to 8th weeks ago, if Partick don’t beat Queens he can argue that on his results alone you’ve not been one of the worst two teams in the division. Depending how other results go you could even be the 6th best team in McKinnon’s time in charge while still finishing bottom.

A shite argument, but the kind of thing your board could cling to if they want to avoid sacking him.

5 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

Hi mate.  You sobered up?  You got a bit silly last night.  Early to bed with a hot water bottle tonight and maybe watch something on Netflix.  

He just slid back into the thread, unabashed and with a ‘John Baird saviour’ comment....I’d say probably not 

3 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I was wondering that myself, but I can't find any website which give league tables on specific dates.

However, Hartley had three league games in charge and Gordon Young one. McKinnon sat in the stand watching us lose the fourth one at Dingwall before he took over the following week. So at that stage in the season we had zero points. 

A quick look at the Alloa results shows they were on five points, having beaten Ross County and drawn with ICT and Dundee Utd.

Partick were on six points, having beaten us and Morton.

In the nine months since taking over, having signed seventeen players (admittedly some for the reserves) and lost sixteen, McKinnon's team.…….

have gained one point on Partick Thistle and two points on Alloa.

http://footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=league_full