The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Believe The Hype said:

How's that like? You are are the knob that must have had my post bookmarked, dying to bring it up as soon as we lose. I always glazed past your posts but marshy is 100% correct. You love it when we fail. 

Not really. I book marked nothing. That you running for back up from Marsh? How funny. Lest you forgot, you started the personal attacks, not me. You screwed it up, not me. Now you are having a tantrum. You throw around childish insults, but don’t want to be called out for them. Tough.

4 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Had a few too many but I’d just like to say:

Get it right up every single one of yous x*

*pls don’t bookmark for when we go down via playoffs xx

A harsh but fair post.

I don’t think that is right.
Did Clydebank or Airdrie going tits up about 15 years ago not save you from relegation to the seaside?

The Totten “relegation” season was a direct consequence of the club being completely skint and having to play a team full of kids who were either not ready or just not good enough.
Our current predicament has much more in common with our mid/ late 70’s decline where poor boardroom decisions and bad management took us from success to shambles in a couple of seasons.

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

Just sent this in response to the fan's buyout letter sent a few months ago -

... we have lost the Academy, plummeted down the league and stand at the precipice of relegation to Scotland's third tier We have burned through 3 managers and by the end of this season will stand with barely enough players to form a five a side team once all the short contracts expire and the loanees return to their clubs. Once again the team will need substantial investment and you will be reliant upon fans yet again coughing up in their thousands for season tickets... 

"the precipice of relegation" 

j0ocFV.gif 

6 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Not really. I book marked nothing. That you running for back up from Marsh? How funny. Lest you forgot, you started the personal attacks, not me. You screwed it up, not me. Now you are having a tantrum. You throw around childish insults, but don’t want to be called out for them. Tough.

Even worse, you have trolled through pages and pages to find a post I made yesterday to bring it up. I certainly do not need any back up. You are just a Terribly negative poster who thrives on the mis fortune of the club I love. If I seen you in real life I'd probably throw your walking stick over a wall. 

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Yes, and we were probably worse that year, getting absolutely scudded by teams like Clyde and Arbroath. In fact I think it was a home defeat to Arbroath that sent us down.

The significant caveat being that Totten was forced, for the first three quarters of that season,  to rely on a core of young players - Kerr, Miller, Morris, Rennie - with negligible first team experience, before a late season panic splurge around March (no transfer window then) brought in the likes of Moss and Murray, which made absolutely zero difference. We were murdered by Arbroath and finished the season with three nil-nil draws. We did however, manage to avoid finishing last, and that was ultimately our saviour. 

This season has a similarly hopeless feel, but without any such caveat. We (or should I say those incompetents in the boardroom who preside over a club rotten to the core) have wasted an absolute fortune to make us so utterly inept. It really is quite an achievement.  Even you perhaps now see them for what they are.

Not much else he could say I guess. He has distanced himself from responsibility for it, and chose again to lay it at the door of the defence for conceding two goals. Same vein as Alloa.

Thing is, he (rightly) praised Rudden to the rafters, and I don’t think (given his interviews) that he sees his cautious approach to every game as being culpable for us being where we are. I really can’t see how he is going to create an attacking system between now and next Saturday. DU will probably rest a few. Will it make any difference to how he approaches things? 

The minute we got up to 8th, and he didn’t come up with something different to keep us there, his goose was cooked. He isn’t going to be judged as the guy who made a brave stab at keeping us up, but just failed to close the gap. He will be the guy who got us into a safe spot in the league, but then blew it.

13 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Sorry guys but this is for the 2 Bams that threw a bottle at me -from a car - after the 1-1 draw at Cappielow.

JB.

Cartoon-Character-Mutley-Laughing.gif?ss

....I doubt that the two who did that can actually read.

I really can’t see how he is going to create an attacking system between now and next Saturday.

We could give until next year and he wouldn't be able to create an attacking system - he simply doesn't have it in him based on what I've seen this year. His idea of attacking is his 4-3-3 which is really a 4-5-1. He was (rightly) able to bullshit up until January but since then has completely shat the bed.

I really don't think the issue is the way we line up, whether it be seen as a defensive or attacking formation. For me it is totally down to the quality or lack of it players we have.

The majority are not good enough and that's the bottom line. Our managers have signed shite and apart from a few they are nowhere near up to the task.

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I really don't think the issue is the way we line up, whether it be seen as a defensive or attacking formation. For me it is totally down to the quality or lack of it players we have.

The majority are not good enough and that's the bottom line. Our managers have signed shite and apart from a few they are nowhere near up to the task.

Got to agree with this, we are basically playing with no midfield, we can't hold the ball or play our way out of trouble. Ray came into a pub team of a squad, tried to pick up what he could in January but options are limited then. We have a slim chance of staying up, if not I'd give ray a chance to get us back up. This is mainly Hartley's fault, however the board should do the honorable thing and resign if we go down. As for the players, they are giving 100% and they do care, you could see that at dunfermline, how much it meant to them, unfortunately to many of them just aren't good enough.