The Falkirk FC Thread

On 31/08/2018 at 16:11, Bairnardo said:

This place is undeniably at it's best in times like these, however, being on here "as it happened" when we get to respond to Morton fans goading us about ending up with Duffy, by unexpectedly taking their current manager off them is indeed peak P&B. 

Once again, the club have bantered it clean out the park.

Bantered it clean out the park

Dunno what you mean mate ? There were tonnes of Hartley Avatars on here and that’s not my thing as he’s not a Falkirk man.
The post you replied to was questioning rightful emptying of Houston which you replied to saying you said that at the time and the stuff about Hartley. Hartley coming in had nothing to do with whether binning Houston was right.

Guest Ecosse83

Well on the plus side McKinnon will be forced to try and win a game of football now. Change of formation and get 6 points in the next 2 games then wonder what all the fuss was about!

Get rid of the anti football imposter tonight and we actually might win a game or 2!

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
15 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
Dunno what you mean mate ? There were tonnes of Hartley Avatars on here and that’s not my thing as he’s not a Falkirk man.

The post you replied to was questioning rightful emptying of Houston which you replied to saying you said that at the time and the stuff about Hartley. Hartley coming in had nothing to do with whether binning Houston was right.

Fair enough mate. I’m not arguing about it. I’ve been to a lot of games since 1978 and I’m just gutted at what we are like now.

5 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

Division 1 attendances today.

Stranraer v Brechin -  374

Dumbarton v East Fife - 659

Stenhousemuir v Forfar - 577

Montrose v Airdrie - 738

God help us!!!!

I think the away stand will close all season to be honest.

Could even just be main stand open if that’s the case goes back go the days before the other two stands were built. 

Guest Ecosse83

Wouldn't surprise me if the 2 running the club had one last throw of the dice to save themselves and get rid of McKinnon for the last 2 games. There surely at desperation stage now.

3 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

If my reading of Wiki is correct, we were third tier champions in 1979-80 when we just pipped the sleeping giants that are East Stirlingshire. 40 years since we were last this shit.

I don’t think that is right.

Did Clydebank or Airdrie going tits up about 15 years ago not save you from relegation to the seaside?

7 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

If my reading of Wiki is correct, we were third tier champions in 1979-80 when we just pipped the sleeping giants that are East Stirlingshire. 40 years since we were last this shit.

I know. It was my first season.  For some reason I've been thinking about that ever since the Alloa game.

My parents wouldn't let me go to matches alone until I became a teenager. I reached that status early in 1980. I immediately got a paper round and with the money started going to Brockville.

This is my fortieth season.  Thirty-nine of those have been spent in the top two leagues and in my very first one (79/80) we won the third league. 

Right back where I effing started. :bairn

10 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

I don’t think that is right.

Did Clydebank or Airdrie going tits up about 15 years ago not save you from relegation to the seaside?

Yes, and we were probably worse that year, getting absolutely scudded by teams like Clyde and Arbroath. In fact I think it was a home defeat to Arbroath that sent us down.

55 minutes ago, Rocco said:
59 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:
Hopkin

With the way we have operated the past couple of seasons, would he even be interested? I think he'll be holding out for a Premiership or top half championship team

I think you might be overstating the man’s standing. He did well with the Launderers, but that may have been a one off given the stuff that goes on behind the scenes at that place. He had a wee crack back south, and that failed badly. I don’t think he could afford to be too snooty about where goes next.

Its our turn to be the medium sized fish in trouble, and that is usually a good prospect for any manager who has suffered a setback. If we end up in the seaside league, being the manager who got us back out of it in a season would be attractive to a good few managers.

Having Lang and Campbell making decisions in the background would be the untenable bit of it.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

47 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I've renewed my season tickets 2 seasons now when due to other commitments I probably shouldn't have. I went to the pre season friendly against alloa and saw enough in that one game to predict we'd finish low down the table. if I can see that as a punter I'm not sure how others at the club couldn't. Campbell and Lang need to go now and sorry but McKinnons style of football has been dire so even if by some miracle we stay up now I don't think his brand of football is one of want to watch.

if the new fan ownership guys took over and a new manager was put in place and there was some decent early signings (whatever league) I might just renew 1 season despite not being able to make many games...we're 3 points behind alloa now so need to pick up 3 points more than them in 2 games, after that some big decisions need made quickly

God, all you ever think of is money!!!

Being an FFC fan is a way of life.

It transcends cash. It’s a ‘way of life!.

we can certainly do without people like you.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Hope you can keep buzz going for next week too. I guess McKinnon’ hopes are now pinned 100% of DU and RC downing tools for the rest of the season, and handing us 6 points so we are “back in the mix”. Just can’t see how he intends changing the only way he knows of setting up a team, and that’s defensively.

He would be as well letting Lewis pick the team for the next two games.

Get yourself so far to f**k ya old fucking mink. 

What an absolute c**t. 

6 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Get yourself so far to f**k ya old fucking mink. 

What an absolute c**t. 

Every bit the clown I knew you to be. Confirmation is always a joy.

Just now, Duncan Freemason said:

Every bit the clown I knew you to be. Confirmation is always a joy.

How's that like? You are are the knob that must have had my post bookmarked, dying to bring it up as soon as we lose. I always glazed past your posts but marshy is 100% correct. You love it when we fail.