The Falkirk FC Thread

On 19/04/2019 at 13:35, Believe The Hype said:

Freemason stinking up the place I see. 

Got a great buzz for tomorrow, sunshine, big crowd, important game, let's keep that feeling going just now and address your favourite subject once we know what league we are in. 

Hope you can keep buzz going for next week too. I guess McKinnon’ hopes are now pinned 100% of DU and RC downing tools for the rest of the season, and handing us 6 points so we are “back in the mix”. Just can’t see how he intends changing the only way he knows of setting up a team, and that’s defensively.

He would be as well letting Lewis pick the team for the next two games.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Building a squad will be difficult. If we stay full time, we will be signing the cast off from spfl and championship youth teams and whatever mid 30s veterans and looking for one last season by the sea.

loan signings are not the answer. We have to build a squad with a vision for the future

Ayr managed to build a decent side down there, but clearly, their manager is smarter than the average bear. It’s not going to be easy for anyone to trust that job to Lang Campbell and McKinnon.

10 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

Yes and we chased Houston out the door with no investment 

a little support and finance he would have taken us up

His record was miles ahead of Paul and Ray’s 

7 games in we booed him out

we reap what we sow 

I said that at the time. The number of people on here that loved Hartley was scary.

If we bin McKinnon when we go down then who do we try and get? I'm not 100% sure getting rid of McKinnon is the right move, however, that may be due to my concerns over who the board would appoint in his place

Just sent this in response to the fan's buyout letter sent a few months ago -

Dear Margaret

Whereas I pledged to support this initiative at the time, I no longer feel I could do so given the appalling way the club is being run by yourself and Craig Campbell. Shambolic would be a polite description. How you, supposedly an expert in contract law, could allow the comedy of errors behind the appointment of McKinnon and his team beggars belief. To then throw more of the fan's money into a failed appeal shows a grievous error of judgement and for that alone, you should do the honourable thing and stand down.

We have lost the Academy, plummeted down the league and stand at the precipice of relegation to Scotland's third tier We have burned through 3 managers and by the end of this season will stand with barely enough players to form a five a side team once all the short contracts expire and the loanees return to their clubs. Once again the team will need substantial investment and you will be reliant upon fans yet again coughing up in their thousands for season tickets.

That season ticket figure is likely to be a lot lower than anyone expected.

This is all on your watch, decisions you have been instrumental in. You and Mr Campbell have cost the club money and destroyed a good reputation within the game.

You have been given a lot of rope Ms Lang, around 4000 people a fortnight have footed the bill for a frankly shockingly inept tenure but I think it's fair to say that the mood of the fans has changed - a fanbase Mr Campbell in particular has done much to alienate.

Go now. 

Just now, Rocco said:

If we bin McKinnon when we go down then who do we try and get? I'm not 100% sure getting rid of McKinnon is the right move, however, that may be due to my concerns over who the board would appoint in his place

Hopkin

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
I said that at the time. The number of people on here that loved Hartley was scary.

What did backing Hartley have to do with hounding Houston out? One came after the other... Total non sequitur there

Dunno what you mean mate ? There were tonnes of Hartley Avatars on here and that’s not my thing as he’s not a Falkirk man.

Absolutely shambolic.

Its been said already signings who couldn’t care less about the club. 

I can’t believe how poor Falkirk have been even Raith Rovers managed 9th when they got relegated.

Its a long way back if Raith don’t get promoted they will be favourites. If someone like Partick goes down in 9th it will make that division even more difficult.

With the current manager and current vision I’m afraid I don’t see the club bouncing back. As for last two games no chance of any points even if we beat United I wouldn’t be surprised if county win and we still go down. 

Once the season ends get Ray out and get Hopkin in. If that fails get Houston back. 

I've renewed my season tickets 2 seasons now when due to other commitments I probably shouldn't have. I went to the pre season friendly against alloa and saw enough in that one game to predict we'd finish low down the table. if I can see that as a punter I'm not sure how others at the club couldn't. Campbell and Lang need to go now and sorry but McKinnons style of football has been dire so even if by some miracle we stay up now I don't think his brand of football is one of want to watch.

if the new fan ownership guys took over and a new manager was put in place and there was some decent early signings (whatever league) I might just renew 1 season despite not being able to make many games...we're 3 points behind alloa now so need to pick up 3 points more than them in 2 games, after that some big decisions need made quickly