The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Possibly but I bloody hope not. Shitebag of a manager that's scared to have a go at shite teams. 

Was incredibly negative at United, would never let them cut loose against inferior opposition. In the two games after he went it looked like a completely different squad, incluidng a hounding of St Mirren.

Of course we then appointed an even worse manager after that.....

I pledged money to the buy-out. If any of the organisers are reading this - not one fucking penny until Campbell, Lang & McKinnon are emptied.  Campbell and Lang are surely the two most spectacular failures in Scottish football, presiding over a team competing at the top of the Championship consistently for years to the absolute shambles of today.  The Academy gone and huge amounts of money pissed up the wall on breathtaking mismanagement. The costs incurred by the club over McKinnon alone along with the damage to reputation within the game means they have to go.

I pledged money to the buy-out. If any of the organisers are reading this - not one fucking penny until Campbell, Lang & McKinnon are emptied.  Campbell and Lang are surely the two most spectacular failures in Scottish football, presiding over a team competing at the top of the Championship consistently for years to the absolute shambles of today.  The Academy gone and huge amounts of money pissed up the wall on breathtaking mismanagement. The costs incurred by the club over McKinnon alone along with the damage to reputation within the game means they have to go.
Me too. My money doesnt go in until some people rightly fall on their swords and commit to change at the club.

5 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Both terrible decisions.

I lost belief in McKinnon during the alloa game. way too conservative especially at home against sides that aren't that great. his body language too isn't great he stands with his hands in his pockets in the dug out when Goodwin was roaring his team on like a 12th man from the touchline, similar from jonaten Johansson too. his failure to pick Robson a guy who bursts a guy everytime picked over a haddie like MacLean. I appreciate he steadied the ship after Hartley left us in the mire but the football has been eye bleedingly bad. our failure to get a renowned striker in has also cost us. sad day bit it's been awful for 2 years now. I don't mind being in the championship or even lding games but we need to start playing better football. I also await a change in leadership at the club and direction, we are rotten what does Campbell do for his salary? not owning our stadium and getting rid of the academy are real issues for me. fans keep turning up and have been very loyal deserve better.

And they accused us of being racists.

1 minute ago, PG.Colossus said:

Young guy or not, McKenna is an absolute bombscare who clearly read way too much into his first few decent games for us. Should have cost us 3 goals last week and he was at fault for both today. Playing a back 4 has exposed him badly.

Irrelevant really but I don’t think he was at fault for the second.  He had the ball covered and Edjenguele cleared him out.

He could be good enough in time but time is something we never had.

10 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

We are going to be in the same league as Peterhead and Stranraer next season.
Extreme seaside.
I hope the members of the BoD and MSG are proud of themselves.

To be fair there are some other members of the Championship establishment down there. 

You know how bad you think it'll be? It is. The only positive is that there are some great away days, and it's pretty cheap to get in.

5 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

To be fair there are some other members of the Championship establishment down there. 

You know how bad you think it'll be? It is. The only positive is that there are some great away days, and it's pretty cheap to get in.

I don’t think it will be cheap at TFS.......

All we can hope for is that it is finally the end of the road for Campbell and Lang, probably thank you and goodbye to McKinnon (who lets face it, has failed badly), and that the BoD and MSG finally get the message that it’s time to go. If we managed to survive in the Championship this season, then we would simply have headed for another year of the same. As I said, all we have to bargain with is our money, and it is perhaps time to hold some feet to the fire. They know that if they get away with this, they can get away with anything.

this is what happens when you overhaul your squad every 6 months and fill it full of loanees and short term contracts. not enough care enough to dig us out when needed. no long term outlook. there's little connection between the players and fans like there was with the academy players who felt they owed the club something

Been a long 12 months since Craig Campbell gave you guys this update; two complete overhauls of the squad later and you’re bottom of the league.

“Our aim is to get this club into the Premiership....we have signed off and agreed the single largest first team playing budget seen at this club whilst in the Championship.”

“Recruitment is the number one area where we are focused on in helping shape the squad for the forthcoming season.”

2 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Been a long 12 months since Craig Campbell gave you guys this update; two complete overhauls of the squad later and you’re bottom of the league.

“Our aim is to get this club into the Premiership....we have signed off and agreed the single largest first team playing budget seen at this club whilst in the Championship.”

“Recruitment is the number one area where we are focused on in helping shape the squad for the forthcoming season.”

They also said that under Hartley, they would ensure that the mess of the previous season would never happen again. They did........they gave us a mess that is much much worse.