The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
23 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I think this is what Back Post Misses had been alluding to a page or two back. Rudden as an attacking midfield threat rather than leading the line. Apparently this is how Rangers had used him.

I am not convinced that McKinnon is open to changing things, and wherever we end up is probably going to be spun as the best that could be achieved with the players we have. He doesn’t strike me as the sort of guy who is open to criticism of anything he has done.

Ah right I get you now. 

I know what I'd like to happen but the reality is Ridden will be up front himself starved of service with 3 defensive mids playing behind him!

the alloa result last night was a right kick in the teeth. im sure morton did it to spite us. i really dont see us getting much in the last few games, if we dont beat the fifers on saturday then i think all is lost and we need to prepare to dust off the flip flops for the seaside league. right now apathy has set in, glass half empty. totally scunnered with this and last season. especially after such good seasons previous to this era. would we be in this situation if we had held onto houston, probably not. that said i was one of the many looking for a change, just didnt think we would be this bad, not the change we were looking for. ah well back to work. rant over.

hopefully i will be pleasantly surprised and we will win the remaining fixtures and life will be good and all sunny again.

10 minutes ago, faedenny said:

the alloa result last night was a right kick in the teeth. im sure morton did it to spite us. i really dont see us getting much in the last few games, if we dont beat the fifers on saturday then i think all is lost and we need to prepare to dust off the flip flops for the seaside league. right now apathy has set in, glass half empty. totally scunnered with this and last season. especially after such good seasons previous to this era. would we be in this situation if we had held onto houston, probably not. that said i was one of the many looking for a change, just didnt think we would be this bad, not the change we were looking for. ah well back to work. rant over.

hopefully i will be pleasantly surprised and we will win the remaining fixtures and life will be good and all sunny again.

For me the results ALL went our way last night. Alloa winning closes the whole thing up as was QOS losing. The Scum losing effectively finishes their season too with RC now almost home and hosed.

If the following results happen on Saturday then there will be only one point from us in 10th and QOS in 6th

Falkirk win at Dunfermline

Alloa QOS draw

Partick win at RC.

Not Unicorn stuff TBF.

Still twists and turns to go

However if we lose Saturday I think we are gone.

6 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Dixon hasn’t a bad cross on him either. Set up a few of our goals from his crosses from the left. Can’t drop him but could surely accommodate Robson at LM

Easily drop Edge and push Dixon in one

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

For me the results ALL went our way last night. Alloa winning closes the whole thing up as was QOS losing. The Scum losing effectively finishes their season too with RC now almost home and hosed.

If the following results happen on Saturday then there will be only one point from us in 10th and QOS in 6th

Falkirk win at Dunfermline

Alloa QOS draw

Partick win at RC.

Not Unicorn stuff TBF.

Still twists and turns to go

However if we lose Saturday I think we are gone.

Qos and Morton are our only hopes for me to catch, Morton playing ICT at home after their cup game is surely an advantage to Morton in someway results depending from Saturday.

Defeat on Saturday and it will be the great escape if we get out of this, even to a play off

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, Stuperman01 said:
What difference would Robson make? 

Width, pace, crosses and willingness to try and beat a man?

Can't fault his willingness however I can't remember him beating an opponent too often or putting great crosses in to the box. Robson won't save us from the drop IMO but playing two up front might. Whilst he is a decent wee player he isnt the saviour some are making him out to be. 

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Qos and Morton are our only hopes for me to catch, Morton playing ICT at home after their cup game is surely an advantage to Morton in someway results depending from Saturday.

Defeat on Saturday and it will be the great escape if we get out of this, even to a play off

Get beat on Saturday, and never mind support, the players heads will be gone, and internal recriminations will begin. Veiled as it was, the defence will have heard their manager publicly blame them last week for conceding two goals. Lose again, and it really is over.

2 hours ago, JinkyBairn said:

I miss Houston tbh.

Houston was a great player for the club. Goodness how he tried when he put our jersey on.  When he was off his game the harder he tried and the worse he got. He still got an ovation when he got substituted. Not many players were respected that much by the fans.  Pity it ended the way it did for him as manager. With a bit of luck we could have gone up, but we did not. His big mistake was not demanding a big cash injection into the team. It was obvious losing Alston and Vaulks with other players needing to move on. It was time for a major rebuilding of the squad and he failed to do it.

1 hour ago, Stuperman01 said:

Can't fault his willingness however I can't remember him beating an opponent too often or putting great crosses in to the box. Robson won't save us from the drop IMO but playing two up front might. Whilst he is a decent wee player he isnt the saviour some are making him out to be. 

I cant give too many specifics due to shitty memory but I think he has done well attacking wise when he has played. 

He gave RC a seriously hard time down the left when we drew with them. Set up the goal and almost set up a winner if Irving wasnt horrific in front of goal

Jarvis has been a bit rank, can’t believe anyone wants him leading the line. I’d sooner have Todorov there and I think I’ve seen him play no more than 25 minutes of football for us. 

I would at least like to see Todorov given a chance, same with Lavery. Why sign them and don't give them a decent chance in the first team.

I cant give too many specifics due to shitty memory but I think he has done well attacking wise when he has played. 

He gave RC a seriously hard time down the left when we drew with them. Set up the goal and almost set up a winner if Irving wasnt horrific in front of goal
I would have just ended that "...if Irving wasn't horrific"

Jarvis has been a bit rank, can’t believe anyone wants him leading the line. I’d sooner have Todorov there and I think I’ve seen him play no more than 25 minutes of football for us. 

I thought he was good on Saturday. He caused the defenders plenty of problems and his ball in for Rudden was good. Doesn't matter though as they won't start up top together

Just watched the Morten Alloa highlights. Christ, we give away bad goals, but the two Morten conceded were pretty special. Anyhoo, the bit that stood out was the number of players Alloa had in and around the Morten box. I think there was six Alloa players there for their first, and five for their second.

All too often we have maybe two or three. Alloa knew how awful the Morten defence is, and went for it. McKinnon doesn’t seem to have the kind of courage or belief in his players to go and win games like that. Morten are the league’s lowest scoring side, have the 3rd worst defence, and yet I am struggling to summon any belief that McKinnon will go out to genuinely chase down a win.