The Falkirk FC Thread

Yep,followed by a late winner on Saturday too. Would be interesting to see where we would be if we’d held out in both games.
Yet McKinnon is being praised for shitfesting....

We would have gone into the Alloa game on a massive high rather than hungover and probably won with some ease.
(Auntie had baws etc)

18 minutes ago, MrDust said:

You obviously haven't seen us in other games bar Alloa but our games at Alloa were not shitfesting as we have seen in many others. We made an attempt to attack in both games with conviction and within our strengths helped by your narrow park. The latter game we had several chances(more than we had than Saturdays past) to seriously put it to bed but didn't and that's how it rolls, like the 2-2 game which Alloa should've won earlier at the TFS.

We will learn about which players and management will stand up to the oncoming pressure last four games between the 5 clubs, Alloa for sure have the best run in having two six pointers with one against a team that has yet to beat you and playing two teams who will have feck all to play for in the last two. 

I cant see Alloa finishing bottom come May and our only hope is QoS and Morton now as I can see Partick getting at least one win from Ayr and points elsewhere

Those games were claustrophobic, physical struggles and defensive mistakes were crucial, particularly in the second when Falkirk got into a 2-1 lead having been outplayed up to that point, albeit you did have more chances after that as Alloa chased the game. McKinnon played those games and the park beautifully, quite possibly better than anybody else all season. Top class shitfesting. However, my point was really in reply to Gaz suggesting Falkirk should apparently be defensively minded against pretty much every team except us. Given there is so little between so many sides in the league, that would be a strange approach. And even more so when shitfesting had been so successful against us. 

As for the run in, we shall see. You suggest playing ICT and Ayr could benefit us, but given the title will probably be done before your last two games then Falkirk themselves will most likely be up against sides with nothing to play for. There will be a lot of twists and turns and everyone has their own destiny in their hands. 

11 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

Has he f**k, the three teams at the bottom have, over the course of the season so far been as pish as each other. 

As posted earlier RMcK has done fair better than PH done for us. The problem we face is that I’m not sure if snakes have balls. We need someone with balls picking  the team and tactics. 

Massive laugh at Morton though. They are in a bad way, would be lovely to see them go down. 

Of course Goodwin has done him over. Yes of course McKinnon has done better than Hartley, but it’s hard to imagine anyone being backed as McKinnon has and then actually doing worse.

whether we like it or not, Goodwin has absolutely stomped all over McKinnon on the run in. Everyone being pish is fine, but Alloa have just won three games straight. Not only have we not achieved that this season, he has done it against two sides that we haven’t beaten at all. If that’s not reading him his horoscope on the run in, then God knows what is.

Amazingly, we can still stay up, but NOT by continuing with the predictable turgid displays of the past three months. Currently, we are the Club of choice that others now look to as the ones most likely to screw it up.

BPM said someone who has seen Rudden at Rangers said they used him (effectively?) as the goal threat in their midfield, and us doing so would allow us to introduce more goal scoring options into the side. This might actually be worth  considering given our current predicament since carrying on with the same old same old is unlikely to be enough.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Guest Ecosse83

My lineup for the rest of the season. Ideally I'd like Robson in there but wouldn't want to change the shape too much.

Although to be fair Robson will play when DKD and edge can't play!

lineup (8).png

Edited by Ecosse83

Goodwin has absolutely stomped all over McKinnon on the run in. Everyone being pish is fine, but Alloa have just won three games straight.

It's not purely down to Goodwin though. We have same nucleus of a team that we've had for three season and those players have been through the disappointment of defeat in the playoff final two years ago and then the success of winning it against the odds and in dramatic fashion last year.

There is an excellent and genuine camaraderie between them. Plus there's a fair bit of leadership too, with Andy Graham outstanding. By all accounts they love playing for Alloa.

2 hours ago, printer said:

It's not purely down to Goodwin though. We have same nucleus of a team that we've had for three season and those players have been through the disappointment of defeat in the playoff final two years ago and then the success of winning it against the odds and in dramatic fashion last year.

There is an excellent and genuine camaraderie between them. Plus there's a fair bit of leadership too, with Andy Graham outstanding. By all accounts they love playing for Alloa.

Of course not, but you can’t compare managers to players. Of course players do their bit too, and on that front, Alloa’s have found a way to earn results that McKinnon’s haven’t. It’s as simple as that.

I just have a sense that in a manner similar to Pressley, McKinnon has seen the run in as some sort of tactical game of chess, whereas others have pretty much looked at the same playing field, and gone “f**k it, let’s play drafts”.

2 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

My lineup for the rest of the season. Ideally I'd like Robson in there but wouldn't want to change the shape too much.

lineup (8).png

The BPM system...........

3 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

lineup (8).png

What difference would Robson make? 

Guest Ecosse83
7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
11 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:
What difference would Robson make? 

Width, pace, crosses and willingness to try and beat a man?

This.

I would probably play a good few of the players not starting just now tbh.

GK. Burgoyne (Solid)

RB. Kidd (Just want boiz who know us from the good dayz playing)

CB. McKenna (Babe)

CB. Dixon (Him and McKenna were solid before Edge came in - Edge is fine but just want wee Tommy bk)

LB. Robson (Mon, back hame, TR)

CM. McGhee (Boi is no a right back and is apparently too small for CB, He loves a dribble and a goal so play him holding)

CM. McShane (Boi issa baller from deep - Osman and Paton are just getting in the fvcking way of him spray canning it ffs)

RM. Petra (Go be jinky #7)

CAM. DKD (Link it, son)

LM. Lavery (Scores for fun in the reserves and internationally)

ST. Rudden (Go get the fvcking goals)

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Realise this will never ever happen but fvck it I am on my lunch hour and a hate my colleagues so :) 

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

BPM system? 

I think this is what Back Post Misses had been alluding to a page or two back. Rudden as an attacking midfield threat rather than leading the line. Apparently this is how Rangers had used him.

I am not convinced that McKinnon is open to changing things, and wherever we end up is probably going to be spun as the best that could be achieved with the players we have. He doesn’t strike me as the sort of guy who is open to criticism of anything he has done.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

13 hours ago, Waspie said:

Those games were claustrophobic, physical struggles and defensive mistakes were crucial, particularly in the second when Falkirk got into a 2-1 lead having been outplayed up to that point, albeit you did have more chances after that as Alloa chased the game. McKinnon played those games and the park beautifully, quite possibly better than anybody else all season. Top class shitfesting. However, my point was really in reply to Gaz suggesting Falkirk should apparently be defensively minded against pretty much every team except us. Given there is so little between so many sides in the league, that would be a strange approach. And even more so when shitfesting had been so successful against us. 

As for the run in, we shall see. You suggest playing ICT and Ayr could benefit us, but given the title will probably be done before your last two games then Falkirk themselves will most likely be up against sides with nothing to play for. There will be a lot of twists and turns and everyone has their own destiny in their hands. 

Trust me, having seen us shitfesting games this season, both the away Alloa games weren't shitfesting, perhaps states how bad we have been tbh. The modern game also doesn't evolve around possession.

The difference of playing Ayr and ICT weakened teams compared to weakened County and United is that both have resources of players that Ayr and ICT don't. We can hope that County are still celebrating the title win from the week afore as they probably will play their strongest team possible but Utd away is not a happy hunting ground for us, so much so Id say if our season requires a result there, then we are more fuked than I think we are.

3 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

lineup (8).png

Id take that but part of me thinks back to the of recruitment once again of a right back was needed more than 3 strikers, more for the context of being without the Edge for the UTD game to get sorted with Robson in before that game. McGhee still for me is a makeshift fullback and more so wing back.

I cant see McKinnon dropping Paton either, where it seems obvious both him and Osman playing are wasting us