The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Just look around the stadium - every spare space has advertising on it, even the floodlight pylons. When I started coming to TFS, there was barely one bank of advertising on the East side and there were a lot of spaces. 

Are we making more cash from them than we were when there were spaces? Genuine question, I don't know the answer.

I don't know the cash figures but they look to be from genuine businesses, not the local MP. He's even managed to sell the edges of the steps in the South Stand. I think the man creates a real buzz with the staff too and we're seeing far more "event" type things like Ladies Days and so on. OK the hot tub and the crane were a bit weird but they were worth a go.

12 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Are we making more cash from them than we were when there were spaces? Genuine question, I don't know the answer.

5 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

I don't know the cash figures but they look to be from genuine businesses, not the local MP. He's even managed to sell the edges of the steps in the South Stand. I think the man creates a real buzz with the staff too and we're seeing far more "event" type things like Ladies Days and so on. OK the hot tub and the crane were a bit weird but they were worth a go.

Kieren without a doubt knows how to extract the cash from fans/local businesses, i'm sure at the last AGM it was mentioned by Andy Thomson that the commercial side of the club had grown significantly (albeit i don't know the figures). He would be huge loss to the club IMO.

Guest Ecosse83

I'd hope the first one to go would be that Campbell fella. Probably close to 100k a year for god knows what. 

He really is the definition of stealing a wage!

I'd hope the first one to go would be that Campbell fella. Probably close to 100k a year for god knows what. 

I’m led to believe he’s on £70k a year, half paid the club and half paid by the Foundation. Still too much based on what’s happened since he took the reigns.

Whether we stay up or not he should be sacked. Love how vocal he was when we were doing okay, seemed to be totally engaged with the fans and looked a decent appointment. As soon as we went tits up he disappeared off the face of the earth.

He did appear once to threaten supporters who travel up and down the country that the use of our badge on home made tshirts could see them taken to court only to realise the club hadn’t trademarked the badge in years :lol:

Get the c**t to f**k :lol:

If we go down then so be it!! deserve it on current form when teams around us are picking up points. I just hope we can at least be up for the fight in the next couple of games however I seriously have doubts. Reading through some of the posts though geezo. If we couldn't afford to sustain the academy in this league then we sure as hell won't be able to playing in league 1. Does anybody really think that academy players would get us out of that league?  If we get relegated then there will be some major cuts to be made first and foremost from the playing side of things. 

In regards to staff there are two I certainly would want gone with immediate effect, don't think I need to spell it out as to who he and she is. Connor Park no idea what he does other than do the social media side of things? not a dig at the lad I just have no idea what his role is.  Kieran would be a loss as he seems to be doing a very good job although I think he has been promoted to the BOD? 

The last two seasons have been absolutely dire, not the worst I have witnessed, but still terrible all the same. I am not sure if relegation to league 1 will be on a par with our administration days however I will still have my season ticket next year regardless of what league we are in.  Scunnered with football in general just now though it has to be said. 

Preferred results for this evening's games:

Ayr to beat Queens (they won't go down but good to keep them in the mix)

Ross County to beat Dunfermline (season over for the pars, tools away on Saturday)

Alloa to beat Morton (our season is fucked so we might as well enjoy some lols over the last few weeks, plus Morton are as shite as Falkirk)

Bottom 2 from us, Morton & Partick. 

35 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Get us doon I want a title challenge with Raith and Clyde if they come up and renew acquaintances  with Airdrie.

Cleanse the team. New kit with red. Then dae a Livi. Sorted.

2 years of promotion chasing hwfg.

Buckfast with your cornflakes this morning?

1 hour ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Cleanse the team.  Then dae a Livi. Sorted.

The first kind of laundering is fine.  The second is a bit risky imo.

3 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

Preferred results for this evening's games:

Ayr to beat Queens (they won't go down but good to keep them in the mix)

Ross County to beat Dunfermline (season over for the pars, tools away on Saturday)

Alloa to beat Morton (our season is fucked so we might as well enjoy some lols over the last few weeks, plus Morton are as shite as Falkirk)

Bottom 2 from us, Morton & Partick. 

No fussed with the first two, but Alloa winning three on the bounce would be utterly brilliant. Given they have taken the same points from their last two games as we have taken from our last six games, them taking 9 points from three games versus us taking eight games to amass eight points would be a quality bit of business by them.

Can anyone give me some tangible numbers on what "Kieran" has done that no one else could do?
I probably mean that less aggressively than it sounds.

All you hear is the commercial income is up significantly. Based on what I don’t know as the accounts don’t say. IMO you have to have his role a CEO is another matter

Nothing like that salary