The Falkirk FC Thread

15 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Not if we play 2 defensive midfielders and Rudden on his own up top we won't

3-5-2 with both providing cover for back 3 might work, dont think we need the two tho it all too much Pressley for my liking

14 hours ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

The away games are good but home games are brutal. Tiny away supports, teams time wasting from about 10 minutes in. Folk getting annoyed if you aren't a goal or two up after 20 minutes. 

Don't think you will go down though. Think the bottom two will be Alloa and Morton. 

Dont think I could have thought that at 5.30 am earlier with a superbock in my hand.

We are now on the hope of being 9th now

I largely agree with you but I fear that the midfielders we have aren't mobile enough to play in a two. 
After yesterday I'm not arsed if Waddington is never seen again.

Someone who has seen a lot if Rudden suggested we play him midfield yesterday as has done a lot at Rangers.

That would allow Jarvis and Toderov/Lavery to play upfront and give us much more of a goal threat from midfield.

McKinnon needs to do something different for sure.

Guest Ecosse83

Time for a big change and go for broke in our final 4 games. If we go down at least trying to win games then I can accept that. 352 for the rest of the season please. 

I was told a month or so ago Paton won't be here next season no matter what happens. Anyone heard the same?

56 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Time for a big change and go for broke in our final 4 games. If we go down at least trying to win games then I can accept that. 352 for the rest of the season please. 

I was told a month or so ago Paton won't be here next season no matter what happens. Anyone heard the same?

Yes, but I think it was just a voice in my head.

I think we know by now that McKinnon is about as risk aversed as football managers come. He knows that win all four games, and we are safe. Equally he will know that a scenario exists where four draws would see us finish 9th.

I think he has grounded all of his thinking on it being unrealistic that everyone around us would continue to pick up points by winning games. Obviously, he has gotten that badly wrong.......that’s clear to the rest of the footballing world, but it’s 50-50 whether he recognises it and decides to change things, or adopts a bunker mentality, digs his heels in, and changes nothing. His ego might be the biggest stumbling block of all.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

So a decade after relegation 2009 same could happen again.  A whole generation who have never seen Falkirk as a Premiership club potentially having to suffer being in the same Leauge as Stenny (if they stay up) I fear the club could go the way of Airdie and Clyde and never recover. I imagine attendances would fall.

So a decade after relegation 2009 same could happen again.  A whole generation who have never seen Falkirk as a Premiership club potentially having to suffer being in the same Leauge as Stenny (if they stay up) I fear the club could go the way of Airdie and Clyde and never recover. I imagine attendances would fall.

Lol

There are endless permutations of the sky falling in If we are relegated. The buy out is probably the only way of bringing it to any sort of recognisable end. Certainly, ML and CC’s tenure of decision making needs to be swiftly terminated, but what confidence is there that it’ll go that way?

We are on the crest of a slump right now, and how or if it will be brought to a halt is anyone’s guess.......particularly when those responsible don’t recognise themselves as being part of the problem. There will probably be one more go at spinning the story to paint relegation as a gilt edged opportunity.

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

There are endless permutations of the sky falling in If we are relegated. The buy out is probably the only way of bringing it to any sort of recognisable end. Certainly, ML and CC’s tenure of decision making needs to be swiftly terminated, but what confidence is there that it’ll go that way?

We are on the crest of a slump right now, and how or if it will be brought to a halt is anyone’s guess.......particularly when those responsible don’t recognise themselves as being part of the problem. There will probably be one more go at spinning the story to paint relegation as a gilt edged opportunity.

The academy has to come back. They have to sign some decent players too. The quality of player has dropped from finishing 2nd to possibly finishing bottom. We should be buying up the best players from Alloa, Morton, Queens ect. If by some miracle we stay up If Dundee go down they will be big favourites to go back up at first time of asking so playoffs is best hope.

2 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

One can only hope so, like a few in our team, he isn't good enough

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Yes, but I think it was just a voice in my head.

I think we know by now that McKinnon is about as risk aversed as football managers come. He knows that win all four games, and we are safe. Equally he will know that a scenario exists where four draws would see us finish 9th.

I think he has grounded all of his thinking on it being unrealistic that everyone around us would continue to pick up points by winning games. Obviously, he has gotten that badly wrong.......that’s clear to the rest of the footballing world, but it’s 50-50 whether he recognises it and decides to change things, or adopts a bunker mentality, digs his heels in, and changes nothing. His ego might be the biggest stumbling block of all.

I'll be surprised if 4 draws leaving us with 36 points is enough to get 9th.

I'll also be surprised if Ray goes from safety first to attack, the fact he did the usual manager thing saying we were playing 4-3-3 in the first half  was laughable. 

For a wee period I thought that Paton would be at least bearable as a midfielder in this league, but these last few weeks he's been shite. Turn and punt whatever way his legs take him. The ball just comes straight back towards us.

Would like to see us move to a 4231, DKD in behind Rudden, Petra and McLean/Waddington on the wings with McShane and Osman sitting deeper.  Playing one up top isn't the issue, it's the lack of support. I just want to see something different instead of this 433 pish that's not working. 

59 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

For a wee period I thought that Paton would be at least bearable as a midfielder in this league, but these last few weeks he's been shite. Turn and punt whatever way his legs take him. The ball just comes straight back towards us.

Would like to see us move to a 4231, DKD in behind Rudden, Petra and McLean/Waddington on the wings with McShane and Osman sitting deeper.  Playing one up top isn't the issue, it's the lack of support. I just want to see something different instead of this 433 pish that's not working. 

If we have supposedly been playing 4-3-3 someone should have told the players!

Much more like 4-3-2-1

1 hour ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Textbook example that PASHUN is no substitute for ability.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us play the same starting formation on Saturday against the Pars with perhaps DKD coming in for Waddington. We wont start with two up front on Saturday.

On paper, the Pars are beating us on Saturday

The stench of fear and soiled underpants is palpable. You guys need to man up and stop squealing like stuck pigs.

You seem to be expecting rather a lot from a manager who has a bit of a thing for beige pullovers. I'm sure he will get you to where you deserve to be. 

If McKinnon’s plan had been to stop the rot, lose a few games, draw a lot of games, win more than we lose and see where it takes us, then it’s hard to argue with that in December, and if that was what he was hoping for, he’s largely achieved it.

The BIG failing has been the total failure to beat Morton and Partick (even once). Win one game against each of them, add 4 points to our total, and reduce both by 1 point, and even with Saturday’s shambles against Alloa, things would be a bit more positive. Those are the games where he needed to deliver.

Paper, grass, FIFA.

Same result unless something drastic changes. 
You lot were much worse when you last came to East End, were pretty much awful for 90 minutes yet still ended up winning 1-0. Our season is over and we've hardly been pulling up trees either - an away win wouldn't be a huge shock tbh. I just hope we're up for it.