The Falkirk FC Thread

Why? Who was last to take a beating like that off yous? Has anyone since Crawford took over?

Thistle did. But then nobody has set up with 4 outright attackers. Nobody in the division does that from the start.

Grant’s point would be just as valid no matter who you were playing, going very attack minded from the start is a massive risk in this league.

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Thistle did. But then nobody has set up with 4 outright attackers. Nobody in the division does that from the start.

Grant’s point would be just as valid no matter who you were playing, going very attack minded from the start is a massive risk in this league.

Except we are only talking about two up front. The poster in question was talkong about putting a left back in at left mid which offers some degree of counterweight to DKD playing in the middle of a 4 or at the tip of a diamond (where a lot of folk think he is best deployed)

Its an attacking line up, but its not some sort of gung ho suggestion. 

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Why? Who was last to take a beating like that off yous? Has anyone since Crawford took over?

The idea that setting up with two up top is somehow so adventurous that we will take an inevitable pumping is laughable.

There's a pretty good reason no team in this league, or many other that I know off, play a 41212 with two wingers, against teams of the same quality you're liable to lose the midfield battle against teams of the same quality, against better teams? Its absolute suicide. 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Except we are only talking about two up front. The poster in question was talkong about putting a left back in at left mid which offers some degree of counterweight to DKD playing in the middle of a 4 or at the tip of a diamond (where a lot of folk think he is best deployed)

Its an attacking line up, but its not some sort of gung ho suggestion. 

It doesn't offer enough a counterweight to having one sitting midfielder, you'd have two strikers who would inevitably never have the ball, negating the whole point of having two strikers. If you're going to play with two strikers which is perfectly fine, you need to have a degree of confidence you'd give them service. With that midfield you wouldn't. 

It doesn't offer enough a counterweight to having one sitting midfielder, you'd have two strikers who would inevitably never have the ball, negating the whole point of having two strikers. If you're going to play with two strikers which is perfectly fine, you need to have a degree of confidence you'd give them service. With that midfield you wouldn't. 
Regardless, the main point being made by most of our fans is that we need to get two up top.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest that this Falkirk team having a go at this Dunfermline team would result in a pumping for either side. In recent weeks a shite Queens team have beat Dundee Utd away and bottom of the league Alloa beat RC away.

The certainty with which you are speaking doesnt exist in this league this season and only ever existed when predicting a hounding for Hartleys Falkirk side.

We're in a right mess now. I have us beating Morton and losing the other 3 and staying up by a point. To have a shot at 9th we probably need to win at EEP and take something either at Tannadice or home to RC. We've got by far the most difficult run in of the 5 and one game less to pick up points. At this point in the season I'd probably take 9th. There's the question if Alloa look buried with a couple of weeks to go, do we just accept 9th and rest people for the playoffs?

Morton v Alloa on Tuesday and I suppose we should support Morton, even though a win probably makes them safe.

2 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Very much enjoying the new-found anti-Ray sentiment that has suddenly  broken out in the Fa'kirk ranks... we feel your pain.

As for relegation, though, too many of you have gone far too early: any of the bottom five could still end up bottom, any of the bottom five could still end up 9th. If any or all of us, QoS, and Partick win their next game, you will become hot favourites for a 9th-placed finish at best; if not, it's all still on. Big, big difference, for example, between us breezing into Grangemouth on the 20th with a 7 or 8 point cushion... and leaking skitters out of our shorts if it's only 1, 2, 3, 4...

Also not buying the sudden idea that relegation to League 1 might somehow be a 'good thing' (as some of our supporters are also saying); it won't... it'll be an absolute fuckin disaster, for QoS, Falkirk, Partick, or us alike... It's the fact that it won't necessarily be that kind of disaster for Alloa that makes the fuckers so dangerous in the run in...

Relegation for any of the current full-time clubs would be an absolute disaster. If Falkirk were to get  relegated I'd love to see just how much money they have lost since the Houston days.

I'd imagine serious questions would be asked of the Board of Directors. How they seem to be escaping any serious criticism from their fans is mystifying?

And the madness will still go on in League 1 as Tidser will be getting Premier League wages for playing in the 3rd tier of Scottish football. 

The Board are running the Club into the ground with their incompetence and to continue like they are now is surely not sustainable.  

Guest Ecosse83
3 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Relegation for any of the current full-time clubs would be an absolute disaster. If Falkirk were to get  relegated I'd love to see just how much money they have lost since the Houston days.

I'd imagine serious questions would be asked of the Board of Directors. How they seem to be escaping any serious criticism from their fans is mystifying?

And the madness will still go on in League 1 as Tidser will be getting Premier League wages for playing in the 3rd tier of Scottish football. 

The Board are running the Club into the ground with their incompetence and to continue like they are now is surely not sustainable.  

If we go down the 2 numpties running things will get hounded out.

I don't think the Tidser deal won't happen if we go down. Would Morton welcome a new contract or has he burned his bridges with you lot now?

Edited by Ecosse83

5 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

If we go down the 2 numpties running things will get hounded out.

I don't think the Tidser deal won't happen if we go down. Would Morton welcome a new contract or has he burned his bridges with you lot now?

I don't think you can ever turn away good players. If Tidser was willing to re-sign I'm sure Morton would offer him a contract.

I've a feeling if he didn't sign with Falkirk he'll end up at Dundee or something. His time at Morton is over in my opinion. 

Guest Ecosse83
10 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

I don't think you can ever turn away good players. If Tidser was willing to re-sign I'm sure Morton would offer him a contract.

I've a feeling if he didn't sign with Falkirk he'll end up at Dundee or something. His time at Morton is over in my opinion. 

Is he a standout for Morton? Hope he plays well on Tuesday!

The problem with with the formation doesnt really lie on having 2 upfront imho, we went 2 upfront in the second half and although we scored straight away, after that we didn’t really hurt Alloa too much. It’s more to do with the 3 holding midfielders in the middle tbh. Even against Queens, the amount of time the ball dropped back into the space between the midfield and the strikers was endless and nobody picked it up. Having DKD in behind rudden dropping Paton would bring so much more to us. I like Paton but I think Osman is better defensively and would just play it to McShane and let him be the playmaker of the team. I’d also have Robson on the left and Petra/Waddington on the right. I don’t think Jarvis is good enough and he’s being selected over the other two which says a lot.

13 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

The problem with with the formation doesnt really lie on having 2 upfront imho, we went 2 upfront in the second half and although we scored straight away, after that we didn’t really hurt Alloa too much. It’s more to do with the 3 holding midfielders in the middle tbh. Even against Queens, the amount of time the ball dropped back into the space between the midfield and the strikers was endless and nobody picked it up. Having DKD in behind rudden dropping Paton would bring so much more to us. I like Paton but I think Osman is better defensively and would just play it to McShane and let him be the playmaker of the team. I’d also have Robson on the left and Petra/Waddington on the right. I don’t think Jarvis is good enough and he’s being selected over the other two which says a lot.

Agree with the two up front point. It’s a total red herring.

There are plenty of teams around the world who have one focal point up front but the key to making it successful if having the right system to get players beyond him to create chances/goals.

Our whole team set-up is negative and we struggle to create with Paton and Osman in the team. That would be the case whether we have one or two strikers on the pitch.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Regardless, the main point being made by most of our fans is that we need to get two up top.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest that this Falkirk team having a go at this Dunfermline team would result in a pumping for either side. In recent weeks a shite Queens team have beat Dundee Utd away and bottom of the league Alloa beat RC away.

The certainty with which you are speaking doesnt exist in this league this season and only ever existed when predicting a hounding for Hartleys Falkirk side.

That Queens side, and by all accounts that Alloa side won with a defensive game plan, not by punting 2 strikers, an attacking midfielder, two wingers and leaving a cdm to try hold it together at the back. 

There's more than one way to skin a cat, a 4231 can be attacking, a 442 can be defensive and vice versa. 

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

We're in a right mess now. I have us beating Morton and losing the other 3 and staying up by a point. To have a shot at 9th we probably need to win at EEP and take something either at Tannadice or home to RC. We've got by far the most difficult run in of the 5 and one game less to pick up points. At this point in the season I'd probably take 9th. There's the question if Alloa look buried with a couple of weeks to go, do we just accept 9th and rest people for the playoffs?

Morton v Alloa on Tuesday and I suppose we should support Morton, even though a win probably makes them safe.

Alloa will beat us and then we'll send you packing to the seaside leagues in two weeks' time. 

b1a5e29f-5ad6-4b4a-b24c-c11112db682b.thumb.jpg.7acd6bf2e6c949990fd4c367d944e61a.jpg

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

I largely agree with you but I fear that the midfielders we have aren't mobile enough to play in a two. 

After yesterday I'm not arsed if Waddington is never seen again.

12 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

If we decide to turn our hilariously bad run of decisions into actual permanent mediocrity, we'll be sure to phone Morton for advice. X

Shite comeback m8; just get doon. 

3 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Fuckin yaaas

I largely agree with you but I fear that the midfielders we have aren't mobile enough to play in a two. 
After yesterday I'm not arsed if Waddington is never seen again.

Maybe aye, my reasoning behind having Robson and Waddington/Petra on the wings is that they would still be able to provide defensive cover to the holding midfielders/fullbacks.

I wouldn’t be arsed about seeing any of them again after yesterday tbh :lol: