The Falkirk FC Thread

It is still in our own hands. If we had been offered that when McKinnon was appointed. Every one of us would have said ' will take that ' So lets keep out position in perspective.
We must win our 3 home games. No  but's, what if's. Our whole season hinges on these home games. If we get 2 points from the away games, well that's a bonus.  

Still in our own hands?
Thistle 6 games to play 18 pts max
Us 5 games to go 15 pts max
Am I missing something

Guest Ecosse83
23 minutes ago, monthebairns said:

Still in our own hands?
Am I missing something

The fact teams around us play each other means they can't all get maximum points so yes it's obviously in our hands :lol:

Edited by Ecosse83

20 minutes ago, monthebairns said:

Still in our own hands?
Am I missing something

I think the basic premis is that if we win all of our remaining 5 games, there is no way we can finish 10th given the permutations of the games others have to play too.

I'd be less concerned if the other teams weren't playing well, however Morton who were in freefall apparently outplayed Ayr away and should have won, partick seem to be dominating teams and going for wins, alloa have been playing above themselves all season and continue to do so. that leaves queens who were on a terrible run but have now beaten United away and drawn with us in their last two. they also have the dobbie factor

as big a game as ours against alloa is the queens Morton game not sure if I want a draw or one to pummel the other.

everyone knows while we are hard to beat now our average points per game is dropping with so many draws. one loss in 12 and where we are in the league still shows that.

Saturday will be very squeaky bum time, heaven help us if alloa get the first goal and we need to chase the game. hopefully we are the ones that get an early goal and we push on as opposed to defend the lead. it won't be for the fair hearted that's for sure we need as many fans to turn out as possible
Given that we no longer have a game against Queens, do we not want them to beat Morton and keep them in the mix and hope we can beat them too?

39 minutes ago, monthebairns said:

Still in our own hands?
Am I missing something

Yes ! other teams in the mix play each other

Q of S v Morton

Morton v Alloa

Alloa v Q of S

Partick v Alloa

Q of S v Partick

The worst is a play off if we win our 3 home games.

If we lose to Alloa we're fucked

Why?

Would you not fancy us matching Alloa in the last four games of the season? That’s what defeat on Saturday would mean.

We knew in December that to be certain of safety, we were going to have to win 8 of our 18 remaining games, and maybe draw a few more. So far, we have won 4  and drawn 7. We were briefly ahead of the curve, but not now.
Those 18 games split readily into 3 groups of six games where we needed 9 points from each group of six games in order to be clear of trouble. The first 6 games gave us 11 points ....ahead of plan. The second 6 games gave us a big drop to 7 points, but put us bang on target with 18 points from 12 games.
My concern is that McKinnon stayed cautious because we had some unexpected points in the bank from the first 6 games. He no longer has that luxury, and now he has little choice but go for it. We MUST find another 8 points in the next 5 games.

I was there last night and I was very much of this opinion before last night.

If we can’t beat Morton and Alloa at home we will deserve to go down but it is nowhere near certain we would go even if we did not win both or either or none. The reason I say that is the whole league is completely unpredictable now. Everyone is beating everyone else and no one should be frightened of playing anyone else. QoS beat DU and had about two shots on goal target last night against us. Ross County lose to Alloa then pump ICT who have looked as good as anyone since Christmas. Ayr cuff Dunfermline, Partick cuff Morton, Morton draw with Ayr and by all accounts should have won. We draw at ICT and they hardly have a shot on goal. It is utterly unpredictable now.

On us we as so difficult to play against. Yes it is negative but our defence is playing out of its skin and we won’t let anyone have three points easily.

I think I am now of the opinion we will probably just about scrape home. I just felt a real togetherness last night and our support was brilliant again. The players are giving it everything. Ok the quality is not brilliant going forward but the two in front of the back four were superb last night. Both are very experienced and I think know what it is going to take to get over the line.

Alloa are going to have to play out of their skins to beat us Saturday. Just can’t see them getting anything cheaply from us.

Team on Saturday IMO should be

Burgoyne

McGhee McKenna Edge Robson

Waddington Paton Osam Petra

Jarvis Rudden

Team will be

Burgoyne

McGhee McKenna Edge Dixon

Paton Osman McShane

Waddington Rudden Petra

Burgoyne

Jarvis Rudden

Team will be

Burgoyne

Paton Osman McShane
Waddington Rudden Petra

Disnt see lastnight obvs but you would drop McShane?

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
14 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Burgoyne

Jarvis Rudden

Team will be

Burgoyne

Paton Osman McShane
Waddington Rudden Petra

Disnt see lastnight obvs but you would drop McShane?

12 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Aye

Probably our poorest player last night

I thought Mcshane started the game quite well but he was pretty anonymous 2nd half so no surprise he was subbed.

14 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Aye

Probably our poorest player last night

Get played in the wrong position doesnt help. He really should be the playmaker beside the likes of osman. Instead hes getting played as the front of the diamond which isnt his position.

Disappointing to hear that, if he goes off the boil I fear for us. I already do but moreso...

How was Waddington?

Waddington was excellent. He is so physical as was Jarvis. Missed them both when they went off