The Falkirk FC Thread

Has Keillor-Dunn at least looked decent when he's not suspended, injured or ineligible?
Thought he was Falkirk's best player the last game at TFS. He stupidly got himself sent off that day the same way as tonight. So he's obviously a good player but a bit of a numpty as well.

Thought he was Falkirk's best player the last game at TFS. He stupidly got himself sent off that day the same way as tonight. So he's obviously a good player but a bit of a numpty as well.

Young lad desperate to do well and just lacking a bit of maturity.
Could have booted his arse all the way back to Falkirk tonight though.

After watching that tonight we are going to go through the mill in the next few weeks. Best be prepared for more of the same.

Just back in Sheffield now.
Wouldn’t have missed tonight for the world. I fucking love my football club.

COYB

If we win on Sat we'll be 8th at worst. If we don't we'll be bottom two. 

It's all on this..

We'll win.

Win Saturday is a bit like Brexit and taking no deal off the table. We won't finish bottom. The rest who knows.

On the PK's gong by the highlights our is 100% a penalty the QOS one is a dive

Draw was the right result despite all the shenanigans at the end. First half i thought we did ok and kept queens chances down to zilch. Second half we were far too negative and if dobbie had been on decent form we may have paid for it.  If we go down mckinnons tactics will have cost us. We have the players to take it to teams but we're being held back by this one up top and 3 sitting mids pish.  Pertra again flattered to deceive. Can beat two men and then the final ball or shot is dire. If he plays he should be up top or not at all.  Couldnt see either pen but the ref couldnt get his whistle in his mouth fast enough for the queens one. Anyway as i said draw was a fair result.

If we had still been bottom and were clawing away at closing the gap, then all would have been fine. However, to get us into 8th place, and then see that slip away is the bit that’s hard to take.

I just hope that come May, McKinnon isn’t regretting his decisions to constantly set up for draws. So it all hangs on the Alloa game. If he tries to play for a point, then he is going to come under (justified) criticism.....he’ll be in danger of morphing into a Pressley Mk 2.

3 hours ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

It's hard to take in a lot of ways. If Keillor-Dunn keeps the head after the penalty, do we then concede when Queens go up the park. Very much in the "if your auntie had balls" category, but that's the bit that keeps sticking with me. 

If we lose to Alloa, does that put us into official bed wetting territory? We'll still have games to play, but the momentum at that point would have to be with Alloa and Partick. And we'd then have to rely on Ray throwing caution to the wind and attack games. 

If we lose to Alloa we're fucked

We knew in December that to be certain of safety, we were going to have to win 8 of our 18 remaining games, and maybe draw a few more. So far, we have won 4  and drawn 7. We were briefly ahead of the curve, but not now.

Those 18 games split readily into 3 groups of six games where we needed 9 points from each group of six games in order to be clear of trouble. The first 6 games gave us 11 points ....ahead of plan. The second 6 games gave us a big drop to 7 points, but put us bang on target with 18 points from 12 games.

My concern is that McKinnon stayed cautious because we had some unexpected points in the bank from the first 6 games. He no longer has that luxury, and now he has little choice but go for it. We MUST find another 8 points in the next 5 games.

we need 9/9 from the next three games, IMO. As has been said, draws are of no use now, & McKinnon desperately needs to change tactics, formation & personnel (yeah, that’s all) otherwise this is going to end badly.  If we can’t beat Alloa/Morton at home, do folks seriously think we’ll then go win at Tannadice?  

34 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

we need 9/9 from the next three games, IMO. As has been said, draws are of no use now, & McKinnon desperately needs to change tactics, formation & personnel (yeah, that’s all) otherwise this is going to end badly.  If we can’t beat Alloa/Morton at home, do folks seriously think we’ll then go win at Tannadice?  

If we can't beat alloa and morton at home I would say our league position will be what we deserve. Sadly. 

It is still in our own hands. If we had been offered that when McKinnon was appointed. Every one of us would have said ' will take that ' So lets keep out position in perspective.

We must win our 3 home games. No  but's, what if's. Our whole season hinges on these home games. If we get 2 points from the away games, well that's a bonus.  

I'd be less concerned if the other teams weren't playing well, however Morton who were in freefall apparently outplayed Ayr away and should have won, partick seem to be dominating teams and going for wins, alloa have been playing above themselves all season and continue to do so. that leaves queens who were on a terrible run but have now beaten United away and drawn with us in their last two. they also have the dobbie factor

as big a game as ours against alloa is the queens Morton game not sure if I want a draw or one to pummel the other.

everyone knows while we are hard to beat now our average points per game is dropping with so many draws. one loss in 12 and where we are in the league still shows that.

Saturday will be very squeaky bum time, heaven help us if alloa get the first goal and we need to chase the game. hopefully we are the ones that get an early goal and we push on as opposed to defend the lead. it won't be for the fair hearted that's for sure we need as many fans to turn out as possible

7 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I'd be less concerned if the other teams weren't playing well, however Morton who were in freefall apparently outplayed Ayr away and should have won, partick seem to be dominating teams and going for wins, alloa have been playing above themselves all season and continue to do so. that leaves queens who were on a terrible run but have now beaten United away and drawn with us in their last two. they also have the dobbie factor

as big a game as ours against alloa is the queens Morton game not sure if I want a draw or one to pummel the other.

everyone knows while we are hard to beat now our average points per game is dropping with so many draws. one loss in 12 and where we are in the league still shows that.

Saturday will be very squeaky bum time, heaven help us if alloa get the first goal and we need to chase the game. hopefully we are the ones that get an early goal and we push on as opposed to defend the lead. it won't be for the fair hearted that's for sure we need as many fans to turn out as possible

Very true. In the end league positions don't lie. 

More than fans turning out, we need McKinnon and the team to turn up and not be happy with a point.......unless McKinnon is simply hoping to keep Alloa behind us and settle for 9th. Christ, that is a terrifying prospect.