The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Do that over a season and you'd get 59 points, which is play-off promotion form.

Yep, but not really applicable when you take 12 points from your first 19 games.

I think Ross County will have the league sewn up before the last day. Obviously a bad result for them at the weekend but Dundee Utd will drop more points.
I’d fancy us at home on the last day if that’s the case. Beat Alloa and Morton at home and that puts us on 40 before you consider away games. Might or might not be enough?
Amazing to think we’ve only lost one league game this year and still staring relegation in the face. It’s fucking April!

We can’t afford to put all our eggs in the home victory basket imo. We have won twice at home all season

Start

P 12 W 1 D 1 L 10 Pts 4

Since

P 18 W 6 D 9 L 3 Pts 27

The currently squad where limited in an attacking sense and not having been overly attacking minded, have nothing to answer for given what went before.

Think we can take 9/10 from our last 6 games

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

We can’t afford to put all our eggs in the home victory basket imo. We have won twice at home all season

Given the stakes, if we can’t win the next two home games just relegate us now.

2 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Start

Think we can take 9/10 from our last 6 games

We simply have to. Partick have their noses in front, and the last 6 form games says they are well capable of at least matching us. QotS have a handy wee 3 point lead on us, and Alloa are dangerously unpredictable, and seem to have found a knack of pulling out wins when they seem dead and buried.

For me, we need to be beating QotS, Alloa and Morten. The Fifers, DU and Roy’s Cash County are likely to be far tougher nuts to crack although not impossible. 

26 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Given the stakes, if we can’t win the next two home games just relegate us now.

Yup. I have a feeling Thistle will pull clear & finish 6th.  We’ve failed in those recent “must win” games,  and for me there’s now simply no margin for error in the next two. 6/6 is essential. 

Guest Ecosse83

Plenty of twists and turns to happen yet, a point tomorrow wouldn't be a disaster but we simply must win our home games coming up and take something away at Dunfermline. 

I think we will finish 8th above Morton and Alloa. 

Ray's tactics since he took over was rightly to get solid at the back to avoid getting beat.  I fear we have got stuck in that mode.  If that continues will can easily finish bottom.  I see us going for a draw at Palmerston and losing a late goal and end up with nothing.   It wouldn't be a great surprise if we can't beat Alloa either.   I am sorry to say I have lost hope.  If we don't finish bottom we will face Raith in the playoff and they are going really well.  I hope to hell I am wrong.

Ridiculous overreaction to our situation to say you have lost hope.
There are five teams in this fight and none of the others are much better, if better at all, than us in my opinion.

Guest Ecosse83

Too early to panic yet. 4 points in the next 2 games and things will look better. 

We could be 6th by this time tomorrow night!

Ridiculous overreaction to our situation to say you have lost hope.
There are five teams in this fight and none of the others are much better, if better at all, than us in my opinion.

Whilst I agree with this, I do think it’s not unfair to point out that we have become so risk averse it’s costing us points and, ironically, might be the biggest risk to our survival at present.
What does annoy me about that is that I think we DO now have the players to have a go and grab three points rather than one. However McKinnon persists with the anti football approach.
If we fail all his good work earlier in this campaign will have been in vain.

39 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Whilst I agree with this, I do think it’s not unfair to point out that we have become so risk averse it’s costing us points and, ironically, might be the biggest risk to our survival at present.
What does annoy me about that is that I think we DO now have the players to have a go and grab three points rather than one. However McKinnon persists with the anti football approach.
If we fail all his good work earlier in this campaign will have been in vain.

There isnt great creativity with sticking with a negativity with two sitting mids in the diamond and McShane being shifted about week to week.

DKD and MacLean seem to be trusted with creativity and one is on the bench, the formation and current players in place is begging for our full backs to be attacking, Dixon is more safety first and McGhee albeit has improved is sometimes not at the races.

Its no surprise set play is key for our success

Thing is, we have players available who can win games for us. We know that Rudden's a penalty box striker, get balls into the box and there's a good chance he's going to stick some away, so we need to play guys that can deliver, i.e. Robson.

Get back to a back 3, one of Paton or Osman out of the team (Paton probably) and play two up front. Let other teams worry about us, not the other way round!

29 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

It's not an overreaction to be worried. Partick can pick up wins against good teams, as can Alloa. Both teams will lose pl3nty too, but seem capable of attacking teams. Us? Set up not to lose and try and shithouse everyone. We win games when the opposition plays badly. We don't attack them. 

Do we know that Alloa are attacking teams? 

23 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

It's not an overreaction to be worried. Partick can pick up wins against good teams, as can Alloa. Both teams will lose pl3nty too, but seem capable of attacking teams. Us? Set up not to lose and try and shithouse everyone. We win games when the opposition plays badly. We don't attack them. 

I’m worried, of course I am as I don’t want us to finish in bottom 2.

I think Partick will get out of it now as are winning games. I think it’s likely between the other 4 including us.

If we win tonight I’ll be a lot more confident, lose and I’ll be very worried.