Jump to content
Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Recommended Posts

Yep, safety is still some way off. Any defeat from here on in will feel catastrophic. Sadly, I think we will remain largely negative and continue to play on the break. I suppose we don’t have the players to do anything else (particularly in midfield).

Was hoping we might make a break from the peleton of awfulness, but it looks as though the pack is going to stay unchanged from here on in.

Alloa H is our latest “must win” (until the next one). No excuses this time for players or club management.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

IF Ross County beat Alloa during the week it will at least give us a gap from automatic relegation place

Alloa play Inverness during the week.

The Ross C game is a week away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AGPar said:

Agreed. All that is left for us this season is to attain safety by whatever means necessary then there needs to be a massive rethink on the running of the club, starting with a clear-out of the Teflon Two who have presided over cock-up after cock-up and are still flushing our cash down the drain. Last two seasons have in the main been dire. 

What has annoyed me since the 60's were clubs with a lower support than Falkirk were able to play at a higher level and discover talent worth millions to sustain it. Hamilton, Partick, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, St Johnstone to name a few.  Even when we unearthed international talent we sold them for pennies with no add on payments Kennedy, Gillespie, Irvine, Weir are perfect examples. Also the players that came out of Graham High and Falkirk High that got picked up by other clubs from under our noses is a disgrace. Jim Pearson St Johnstone then Everton and Newcastle. Arthur Duncan Partick and Hibs, John Blackley Hibs, Alex Rennie St Johnstone and many more. What a litany of inept stewardship, if it was not so pitiful it would be funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the no room for error stage of the season. 

You better make sure you are safe before the last 2 games of the season as both Dun Utd and Ross County could be needing wins for the title and I can't see you being good enough for 6 points in those games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

This is the no room for error stage of the season. 

You better make sure you are safe before the last 2 games of the season as both Dun Utd and Ross County could be needing wins for the title and I can't see you being good enough for 6 points in those games

If Ross C haven't won the league by May 4 and Utd 2nd the week before that is some collapse.

Have you seen the table?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

What has annoyed me since the 60's were clubs with a lower support than Falkirk were able to play at a higher level and discover talent worth millions to sustain it. Hamilton, Partick, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, St Johnstone to name a few.  Even when we unearthed international talent we sold them for pennies with no add on payments Kennedy, Gillespie, Irvine, Weir are perfect examples. Also the players that came out of Graham High and Falkirk High that got picked up by other clubs from under our noses is a disgrace. Jim Pearson St Johnstone then Everton and Newcastle. Arthur Duncan Partick and Hibs, John Blackley Hibs, Alex Rennie St Johnstone and many more. What a litany of inept stewardship, if it was not so pitiful it would be funny.

I've heard some decent names allegedly trained with us but were overlooked and sent packing.

I'm not willing to say who as a case of don't believe everything you hear but I wouldn't be surprised.

Also hear we shat the bed with Stokes. Could have bought him before we took him on loan and watched Arsenal get £2M for him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Hope we take a massive following to Inverness. It is a can win game and some backing would help

Well I'm going so the quality of fan is there. Quantity is a bit ropey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jim Jenkins said:

I think we will go from now till our last 2 games undefeated big question is how many wins we get as opposed to draws

Eh Don't think so!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jim Jenkins said:

I think we will go from now till our last 2 games undefeated big question is how many wins we get as opposed to draws

Some statement that sir. Feel free to remain undefeated until April 13th by all means, however.

Win your home games against Alloa and Morton and avoid defeat at Palmerston and you should be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:

Some statement that sir. Feel free to remain undefeated until April 13th by all means, however.

Win your home games against Alloa and Morton and avoid defeat at Palmerston and you should be fine.

Its not that ridiculous a statement considering the fact that we have only lost narrowly away  to county since the turn of the year.  However, those are the 3 games we cant really afford to lose in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering we've lost 1 of our last 10 matches (which was away to the league leaders), I'd be surprised if we lost more than that over the next seven games 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If Ross C haven't won the league by May 4 and Utd 2nd the week before that is some collapse.
Have you seen the table?


I would rather they were playing for something than playing with no pressure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I would rather they were playing for something than playing with no pressure
That rarely translates though IMO. The intensity of competition evaporates. We beat St Mirren last season (twice?) at the end.

Id always pick us to beat a team playing for nothing when the chips are down for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...