The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Crawford Baptie said:

It is. His dad is originally from Falkirk and moved abroad to pursue his acting and now directing career.

His grandad (in the pic) was a sparky with the council.

Is that true? If so, I worked with the grandad for years and still see him around Grangemouth.

On 29/03/2019 at 01:01, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Aye, he has, aye...

That might very well be the case, I have no way of knowing... but the point is not whether the bold representative of that other-worldly paradise they call Branchton is or is not a zoomer... the point is whether or not he has been on the money about Snakegate from the very beginning. And I put it to you, fellow Morton fan, that he and many other Morton fans have been, despite the manic denials and deflections from the Fa'kirk lads at every turn in the saga.

To summarise for the hard of thinking:

1. Fined by the SPFL
2. McKinnon exposed as a liar
3. Falkirk BoD exposed as incompetent clowns (OK, confirmed rather than exposed... you always knew they were diddies)
4. Forced in the end to settle out of court on compensation (my favourite aspect of this whole story is some of you guys' mental idea that a contract is not a contract if it doesn't contain a release clause... that is truly the stuff of zoom).

Can we leave it there? Or do we need to wait until your survival is confirmed before sense prevails?

Now bow down to your Imperial Master (whoever the f**k he is...).

Reveal hidden contents

Telt

I still dont see where in employment law it says that the company the employee is moving to have any requirements to pay compensation of any kind to the employer hes leaving. Surely that is between the employee and his previous employer.  If i accept a job elsewhere my future employer has absolutely feck all to do with my relationship with the employer ive just left. Any compensation due to breach of contract would be between me and  the previous employer surely.

Guest Ecosse83
2 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

He's not really though is he? He's a journeyman who's found his level (which happens to be many levels above Ruben fucking Sammut)

That wouldn't be hard.

I think he is a good signing and providing we stay up definitely a player capable of playing in a team aiming for the promotion play off places.

amazing to think we've only lost 1 game this year, it's April on Monday (that's 1 game in 11) and we're still in the relegation play off position and just 2 points above alloa. the one loss as well was by 1 goal away to the leaders Ross county.

seems like you are better taking risks losing the odd game but going for wins...

Guest Ecosse83
18 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

amazing to think we've only lost 1 game this year, it's April on Monday (that's 1 game in 11) and we're still in the relegation play off position and just 2 points above alloa. the one loss as well was by 1 goal away to the leaders Ross county.

seems like you are better taking risks losing the odd game but going for wins...

Still not won enough games though, too negative for me at times. 

22 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Still not won enough games though, too negative for me at times. 

We can only piss with the cocks we've got.

McKinnon has improved us dramatically, but we're still not very good. What we are good at, however, is shitfesting games. We're not good enough to go for the jugular in most matches and I'd rather take a point from a shitfest, especially away from home, than go for it and lose.

Not gonna criticise too much as we have improved a lot however the signings at the top end of the park needed to take pressure off Rudden and they haven’t at all, 3 strikers signed and Rudden still plays upfront by himself with none of the other strikers scoring so far.

Tbf tho i would of taken 7 points from this week and I still think we will get that.

That might very well be the case, I have no way of knowing... but the point is not whether the bold representative of that other-worldly paradise they call Branchton is or is not a zoomer... the point is whether or not he has been on the money about Snakegate from the very beginning. And I put it to you, fellow Morton fan, that he and many other Morton fans have been, despite the manic denials and deflections from the Fa'kirk lads at every turn in the saga.
To summarise for the hard of thinking:
1. Fined by the SPFL
2. McKinnon exposed as a liar
3. Falkirk BoD exposed as incompetent clowns (OK, confirmed rather than exposed... you always knew they were diddies)
4. Forced in the end to settle out of court on compensation (my favourite aspect of this whole story is some of you guys' mental idea that a contract is not a contract if it doesn't contain a release clause... that is truly the stuff of zoom).
Can we leave it there? Or do we need to wait until your survival is confirmed before sense prevails?
Now bow down to your Imperial Master (whoever the f**k he is...).
Spoiler

Telt

Partick Thistle telt you lot today.

Just now, HopeStreetWalker said:

Lets keep things in perspective. We drew at Inverness- not a bad result. When McKinnon joined would we have settled to be in this position in the league at this time - damn right we would. Survival is in our own hands, so lets be thankful for that. 

Yip, last 2 seasons have been a disaster and we are now praying for survival.

If we go down I’ll be devastated as we should not be in this position.