The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

It's cute how us paying someone our average wage is not only too much for Morton, but it also has Rae crying bitter salty tears to the local rag again. 

Lovely stuff. 

ETA I thought the sweetie man was loaded and could spend what he wanted? 

Thing that gets me is he contradicts himself when you read between the lines when he says "offer him a crazy deal for 2 yrs or however long it is for" which to me reads i dont know what they have offered him but it is nowhere near what we want to pay him.

See Crawford Rae trying to make out the offer Tiddser got from us was crazy and there was no way they could have matched it, somehow i think its him spouting more shite to calm down the backlash again and put on the oh woe is me from the Ton supporters if they are gullible enough to believe that we offered crazy wages then they will believe anything.

https://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/sport/17487998.morton-couldnt-compete-with-crazy-offer-from-falkirk-for-tidser/

however, if another club come in and offer a crazy deal and offer him two years or however long it is for, then it’s very difficult to counter that and go outwith the budget to keep hold of him.

“It was not just over our budget, it was way, way more than that.

image.jpg&key=56633b3fbe9bce41b47a0f0ec5fe289f093f0495dd6df8bc9820c3040af9480c

Bitter rivals Falkirk !!!

and Morton fans say we are the needy ones trying to create a rivalry with them [emoji848]

19 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Bitter rivals Falkirk !!!

and Morton fans say we are the needy ones trying to create a rivalry with them emoji848.png

Think there is only one side of this that's bitter and it isnt Falkirk

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Think there is only one side of this that's bitter and it isnt Falkirk

Difficult situation?? Complete tosh.. He's just been offered more cash and a longer term contract at another club.  Easiest situation I would ever face. Where do I sign?

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

Difficult situation?? Complete tosh.. He's just been offered more cash and a longer term contract at another club.  Easiest situation I would ever face. Where do I sign?

Seems the Morton chair of thinking should be your not allowed to leave the club for a rival more money or ambition and generally just be content to stagnate in Greenock

7 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Whilst there is no doubt McGregor is covering their losses & essentially bankrolling them, apparently they slashed their player budget by half this season.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/1508880/staggies-budget-more-than-halved-ahead-of-championship-campaign/

With the absolute clusterfuck this season - signing a new team, paying off that new team, paying off the old management team (and the one before), recruiting a new management team with associated fines , signing another new team  - I wonder what the gap is now between ourselves and Ross County in terms of money spent on players & management this season.  We might even have overtaken them.

I'm sure their end of year accounts will show McGregor investing another huge sum to keep the club  playing budget much bigger than  most. Will be between them and United for the biggest budget in the league by some considerable distance.

Edited by Shodwall cat

6 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

See Crawford Rae trying to make out the offer Tiddser got from us was crazy and there was no way they could have matched it, somehow i think its him spouting more shite to calm down the backlash again and put on the oh woe is me from the Ton supporters if they are gullible enough to believe that we offered crazy wages then they will believe anything.

https://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/sport/17487998.morton-couldnt-compete-with-crazy-offer-from-falkirk-for-tidser/

however, if another club come in and offer a crazy deal and offer him two years or however long it is for, then it’s very difficult to counter that and go outwith the budget to keep hold of him.

“It was not just over our budget, it was way, way more than that.

Image result for i smell shite

It's cringe, desperate and embarrassing that article from the outside, being a Morton fan surely also.....tho I am sure they will try to raise some higher ground out of it, which there is none

Just now, MrDust said:

It's cringe, desperate and embarrassing that article from the outside, being a Morton fan surely also.....tho I am sure they will try to raise some higher ground out of it, which there is none

Herald has us also saying the fan share issue is expected to go ahead to start in May cue the whole adding 2 plus 2 to equal the 800k being spent on Tidsers wages :lol::rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The victim mentality that plagues EEP unfortunately 

Lets face it he wont be back in scottish fitba cause  he's pish.  Funny how he was happy to play for Rangers though with sectarian bile getting spouted week in week out and saw hee haw wrong with that.

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The victim mentality that plagues EEP unfortunately 

54 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Lets face it he wont be back in scottish fitba cause  he's pish.  Funny how he was happy to play for Rangers though with sectarian bile getting spouted week in week out and saw hee haw wrong with that.

1 minute ago, LauriestonBairn said:

Racial abuse of opposition players didn’t seem to bother him either.

12 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Well now he’s managed to lump our entire nation as scum due to the actions of two idiots, I’m so pleased for him that he’s now plying his trade in that hotbed of sensibility that is Northern Ireland....
Publicity seeking Cnut....

13 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Heard this earlier, comes across almost as whiney as his faither. 

13 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Poor dean, hope he’s okay x

Posts that'd make a Rangers fan blush there, wow. 

I do wonder when the decent Falkirk fan will come along and call out this pish but like a Rangers thread, I'd imagine that won't be forthcoming. 

1 hour ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Anyone who throws anything at a football game is a c**t. 

Racists are c***s. 

None of that detracts from Shiels Sr and Jr both being gigantic fannies in their own right. 

Lets face it if every fitba player that received abuse during a game decided they weren't going to play in Scottish fitba there wouldn't be enough left to form a five a side league.

Bit of a blow that his cant of a dad hasnt also said he will never be back in scottish football too.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Join us for another round of Condemn or Condone.....

Naw. Almost every Falkirk poster said their piece on the eyeballs thing. Absolutely no need to revisit it.

Also absolutely nothing wrong with questioning the fact that he never spoke out about abuse in Scottish football when he was at a club whose entire Modus Operandi is religious intolerance.

As was said at the time, Shiels and his arsehole father tried to injure a fellow pro, then used the same whataboutery you are calling out to try and justify it respectively.

The fans responsible, Kevin O'Hara, and even somewhat bizzarely Joe McKee were all dealt with comprehensively at the time by the club and the authorities between them.

Tell me what more you want? Shall we build a shrine for the wee p***k?

Or are you just looking for another opportunity to point score? (Something that we are all guilty of on here, but given so many instances of pish behaviour from fans recently seems to be dying a death)

What a hit son! What a hit!