The Falkirk FC Thread

4-1 it was.
He made the second goal to crossing from the left with the outside of his right foot for Sammy to score with a diving header.... perfection.... the man just oozed class.
to those fans on here that never saw him play for falkurk its a real shame they should seek out every online clip they can. one of those rare times supporting your club where you didn't want to miss a minute home or away as you knew he'd produce something. like others have said hard to believe it was only 18 months with so many moments to cherish...the 57.5 yard goal into the wind and rain straight from kick off at Perth, the diving header at hope street v Celtic, the great goal live on tv v Ayr, the goal and flip in the 3-0 away demolition at Airdrie in front of a massive support, the tricks, the interviews. that's why he was known as GOD

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:
1 hour ago, bud1876 said:
4-1 it was.
He made the second goal to crossing from the left with the outside of his right foot for Sammy to score with a diving header.... perfection.... the man just oozed class.

to those fans on here that never saw him play for falkurk its a real shame they should seek out every online clip they can. one of those rare times supporting your club where you didn't want to miss a minute home or away as you knew he'd produce something. like others have said hard to believe it was only 18 months with so many moments to cherish...the 57.5 yard goal into the wind and rain straight from kick off at Perth, the diving header at hope street v Celtic, the great goal live on tv v Ayr, the goal and flip in the 3-0 away demolition at Airdrie in front of a massive support, the tricks, the interviews. that's why he was known as GOD

An inswinging corner from cooperage lane with the outstep of his right foot (as only he could do) tipped over the bar by Bobby Geddes of Dundee. He then did the exact same thing with the outstep of his left foot and the ball flew into the goal at the back post from the Hope Street corner. A God Indeed.

(E.T.A. Somethings are worth editing for, such are the memories.)

Edited by bairney

Clean sheet and a comfortable home win. If Partick lose to United tomorrow and we beat them at home next week we'll be 7 clear with 8 games to go. I'd be pretty confident we'll at very least avoid automatic relegation if that's the case.

An inswinging corner from cooperage lane with the outstep of his right foot (as only he could do) tipped over the bar by Bobby Geddes of Dundee. He then did the exact same thing with the outstep of his left foot and the ball flew into the goal at the back post from the Hope Street corner. A God Indeed.
(E.T.A. Somethings are worth editing for, such are the memories.)
Edit it again: it was Lindsay Hamilton of St Johnstone! [emoji38]

Amongst all our Simon reminiscences I'd just like to point out that he was unfit and basically pish for the first few games of the season.

Until come one rainy Saturday* when Falkirk travelled through to Firhill to play groundsharing Clyde. We were 1-0 down at half time and struggling. Into the second half and we were awarded a penalty - which Stainrod missed! The burning shame of that seemed to boot him up the arse and he took the game by the scruff of the neck and pulled the strings for Rutherford and McGivern to score as we eventually won by 3-1. It was upwards from then on.

*I remember this clearly as on the way up Great Western Rd towards Firhill I met an American lassie from our flats who asked where I was going in this filthy weather. I explained where, and no, she would probably not have enjoyed it if she came to the game with me. Looking back she clearly very much was interested, and my brain nowadays says:

Ffuucckk sake what the hell was I thinking. 17 years old and not a scoobie.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

2 minutes ago, Donathan said:

There’s a bit of a selection headache for McKinnon when Dixon comes back next week given Robson’s performance last week. Maybe McKenna is the fall guy?

I dont see that as a problem compared to the selection headache he had at the start of who was less shit than who although on that Robson was head and shoulders and miles better than the rest anyway.

1 minute ago, NewBornBairn said:

Future Falkirk manager

It would be good to see him finish his playing career with us, on another note he has refused a new contract from Rotherham the clause in his contract has kicked in tying him to them till next season but it looks like he will be off at the end of this season when a bid comes in for him (so once again he is helping us out with the sell on clause)

13 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I dont see that as a problem compared to the selection headache he had at the start of who was less shit than who although on that Robson was head and shoulders and miles better than the rest anyway.

I'd start all three on Tuesday night. Play a 4-5-1 with Tommy on the left, Petra on the right then the three in the middle. God knows for Thistle though.