The Falkirk FC Thread

32 minutes ago, boosarker said:

I think is at Polmont YOI, or the Borstal as it was called then.

I'm sure I can spot the Grange Center behind Sammy.

Bang on looks about right forgot what it was like with the way it has changed that much up that way.

Stuck in Glasgow this evening - can anyone recommend a multi-screen sports bar that'll show the game. I know there are hunners of them, but live game at Easter Road to contend with tonight.

Not got a great knowledge of this but I know that kitty O’Shea’s has booths with TVs in them and they can put on what you want, also next door is The Drop and they has several large screens on different levels, they might put it in for you, could be worth a quick call to check. Both on Waterloo st

I loved Stainrods wee tricks, he'd have his back to a defender, put the ball one way but turn the other way himself leaving the defender for dead. Beautiful

And he did this mad thing where it looked like he was going to control the ball with his chest but he'd duck down and let the ball skelp over his head then he'd turn the baffled defender and scurry off with the ball.

Remember him scoring at Broomfield where the ball broke to him with just Martin to beat, I reckon every other player on Earth would have ran on towards goal to close the distance but he just fucking smacked it from where he was, a fucking belter, and then off to try a somersault.

Hero.

I have vague memories of him in an away game against Kilmarnock trapping the ball between calf and buttock receiving a cross field ball from McWilliams (i think).

Just an absolute pleasure to watch on the field and would walk into any team in Scotland these days.

7 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn2 said:
8 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:
Saw them all.
Being old does have it's advantages. :angel

Will never forget when he played against Ayr ( I think) He skinned two players stopped and waved at them to try again. Showman supreme

Think that was against Clydebank at Brockville. Simon was taking the mickey out of two bankies players who tried to clatter/ sandwich him in a rage. He dragged the ball back, stepped back and they clattered into each other. He then ran off with the ball waving towards an ovation from the stand. A legend.

27 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

I loved Stainrods wee tricks, he'd have his back to a defender, put the ball one way but turn the other way himself leaving the defender for dead. Beautiful

And he did this mad thing where it looked like he was going to control the ball with his chest but he'd duck down and let the ball skelp over his head then he'd turn the baffled defender and scurry off with the ball.

Remember him scoring at Broomfield where the ball broke to him with just Martin to beat, I reckon every other player on Earth would have ran on towards goal to close the distance but he just fucking smacked it from where he was, a fucking belter, and then off to try a somersault.

Hero.

Against tonites opposition he left two defenders for dead whilst he was on his arse by shimmying one way then tother

Against Ayr at Brockville Simon scored after something like 30 seconds at the Hope Street end to win the title. 3-0 I think.
4-1 it was.
He made the second goal to crossing from the left with the outside of his right foot for Sammy to score with a diving header.... perfection.... the man just oozed class.