The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Brockville in the sun, just before the first league game of the season though...:wub:

Great days RB. Remember it had a ‘Father and Son’ gate and not ‘Parent and Child’ ?? My dad knew the boys on the turnstiles and my dad used to take me and my brother through even when we were 21 and 18. Even though me and my brother were bevvied half the time. Good times.

4 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Wrote a big long post but my phone collapsed before posting. Proper seething.

Anyway, here's the gist. Those years 90-95 were fantastic times to be a Bairn and thankfully for me they coincided with growing up, moving away from home and going to uni so I had the opportunity to follow the team around a whole lot more.

I've mentioned it before but my brother is a St Johnstone fan, and that day at McDiarmid I could clearly see him up the back of the East Stand, giving us pelters after they pulled a goal back from the spot. And rightly so. Oh, how their joy turned to ashes as Sir Simon lofted one over Hamilton and into the net. Genuinely the only time I've/we've gone bananas like that was when big Peter nodded one in at Hampden.

The corner at Brockville. The volley at Raith. Setting up 459 goals for Sammy in about 6 matches. Consecutive home matches finishing 7-1 and 5-1 immediately after Sammy's hat trick at Broomfield. Taking 8 million fans to Fir Park to give Motherwell a cracking game, ruined by Baptie getting his cheek smashed by that big cuddy Cusack. The diving header v Celtic. Kneeling on the ball. Being live on t' telly and annihilating Ayr. So many happy memories.

[I must admit to a feeling of hmmmm though, at the Musselburgh story. Rangers were spending megabucks and Dundee United were coming to the end of the McLean glory years but still a fearsome team. Simon's story that he basically ripped the piss out of all of them might be overegging the pudding a bit. Or maybe they were treating a preseason 6 a side tournament as only a wee kickabout.]

i too was blessed to see him perform for the bairns, it was a lot more attractive and affordable  going to away games back then halcyon days for guys like me. 

3 hours ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

I remember my dad grabbing me by the shoulders and ragdolling me all over the place shouting "WHAT A F*****G GOAL" . Not like him at all to lose his shit but I think as a young lad I wasn't appreciating hard enough!

You’ve upset the mallow. 

was the five a side thing at the back of Brockville on a sunday and each team got a player stuck in their team? I have a faint memory of playing in something like that but can't even mind what player we got! mind of playing in a couple of top v bottom deck elliots bus matches back in the day, getting all nostalgic now, can it no be 1988 again? :lol:

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Does anyone know where they're training?

It's certainly not the Bleachfield, which I where is used to cycle down on a Tuesday or Thursday night to get autographs.

I'm trying to work that out as well, i dont recognise it from anywhere about Falkirk, Stirling maybe ? 

21 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

was the five a side thing at the back of Brockville on a sunday and each team got a player stuck in their team? I have a faint memory of playing in something like that but can't even mind what player we got! mind of playing in a couple of top v bottom deck elliots bus matches back in the day, getting all nostalgic now, can it no be 1988 again? :lol:

It had police involvement as within the one player, you also got a policeman.

We spray painted Jeffries and Browns kids hair ginger the one we had with Stainrod.

Top deck v Bottom deck was mental, last one being young uns v auld Yin's.

I had comeback from a bad head injury where I was told I shouldn't play football for a year and to shy away from heading a ball if I did venture back after a year, 6 month in I said I'd be physio because I couldn't head a ball but was told in a firm way, we have players who can't kick a ball, get stripped.

An yes, I ended up playing centre half !!!

It had police involvement as within the one player, you also got a policeman.
We spray painted Jeffries and Browns kids hair ginger the one we had with Stainrod.
Top deck v Bottom deck was mental, last one being young uns v auld Yin's.
I had comeback from a bad head injury where I was told I shouldn't play football for a year and to shy away from heading a ball if I did venture back after a year, 6 month in I said I'd be physio because I couldn't head a ball but was told in a firm way, we have players who can't kick a ball, get stripped.
An yes, I ended up playing centre half !!!

Sure it was organised by the Police Peter.

Player, cop and the rest of the team was made up of supporters. I played one year and I'm sure we had Andy Seaton as our player. I remember a fan nutmegging Yogi and him going raj 🤣🤣

I’ve got that fucking idiot on ignore, tell me he’s not starting to infest our thread too. FFS
I have no idea how the mods let him off with his spamming in the EPL thread but he has now destroyed the Champions League one. Fucking p***k.

11 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Player, cop and the rest of the team was made up of supporters. I played one year and I'm sure we had Andy Seaton as our player. I remember a fan nutmegging Yogi and him going raj 

That definitely rings a bell, I still can't remember my team, the player or policeman! If it was done today there'd be 300 mobile photos of each team and game!

16 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Player, cop and the rest of the team was made up of supporters. I played one year and I'm sure we had Andy Seaton as our player. I remember a fan nutmegging Yogi and him going raj 

I do recall Stainrod saying to us not to mess with Stephen Cody as he is a bit of a nutter.....Cody now drinks in my uncles local near Clyde's ground.

Great times when you could drink alcohol pitch side...!!

53 minutes ago, Rugster said:

That Rab Nesbit dick

25 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Rugster said:
I’ve got that fucking idiot on ignore, tell me he’s not starting to infest our thread too. FFS

I have no idea how the mods let him off with his spamming in the EPL thread but he has now destroyed the Champions League one. Fucking p***k.

Death by smiley face emoticon incoming

27 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Now now Bairny no need for the abuse when you resort to that you’ve no chance. Stop posting pish about the Champions League on the telly and you’ll be fine :D

43 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I'm trying to work that out as well, i dont recognise it from anywhere about Falkirk, Stirling maybe ? 

I think is at Polmont YOI, or the Borstal as it was called then.

I'm sure I can spot the Grange Center behind Sammy.