The Falkirk FC Thread

He can back out of a PCA - he's just signed a note of intent to sign.

18 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, by the Falkirk Herald.

If it's true he's taking a real leap of faith there as he surely won't want to play in L1?

The FH is pretty much a mouthpiece for the club now, it does not take a massive leap of faith to imagine that the club asked them not to release the story until after last night's match was out the way. Publishing this now, what 15 or 16 hours after we played them, is absolutely no coincidence whatsoever.

You're right about the risk of potentially playing in League One but surely Tidser will have factored this into his decision. Clearly he's decided the risk is outweighed by the opportunity to move to a bigger club on more money and to play for a manager he trusts. 

38 minutes ago, AGPar said:

The FH is pretty much a mouthpiece for the club now, it does not take a massive leap of faith to imagine that the club asked them not to release the story until after last night's match was out the way. Publishing this now, what 15 or 16 hours after we played them, is absolutely no coincidence whatsoever.

You're right about the risk of potentially playing in League One but surely Tidser will have factored this into his decision. Clearly he's decided the risk is outweighed by the opportunity to move to a bigger club on more money and to play for a manager he trusts. 

Aye, that's what I meant about leap of faith.

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, by the Falkirk Herald.

If it's true he's taking a real leap of faith there as he surely won't want to play in L1?

Falkirk in league 1 are a bigger club than Morton in the Championship.

Anyhoo.........couple of draws albeit against the Galacticos and the only club to concede 10 goals in the Championship to Hamilton. It really is time to start winning games, and that means Ayr on Friday. We have used up all the reasons for not winning games, and while unbeaten this year is really good, it’s not been enough to pull us out of the mire.

Ayr are probably the weakest of the top three, and it’s time for a second home win. I know if we match Alloa and Partick then we are safe, but it needs to be done before we face the most difficult end of season games of anyone. No one else has three games still to play against the Galacticos and RC, so it really is time for us to register two or three consecutive wins........

39 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Anyhoo.........couple of draws albeit against the Galacticos and the only club to concede 10 goals in the Championship to Hamilton. It really is time to start winning games, and that means Ayr on Friday. We have used up all the reasons for not winning games, and while unbeaten this year is really good, it’s not been enough to pull us out of the mire.

Ayr are probably the weakest of the top three, and it’s time for a second home win. I know if we match Alloa and Partick then we are safe, but it needs to be done before we face the most difficult end of season games of anyone. No one else has three games still to play against the Galacticos and RC, so it really is time for us to register two or three consecutive wins........

Yep, frustrating as f**k lastnight to find ourselves scraping a draw rather than going for a win. We have no more time to postpone a good run. However, being unbeaten shouldnt be underestimated. 

6 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Was that the game Willie McGuire scored a screamer? I've probably still got the video in the loft. Got nothing to play it on though! :lol:

That last 10 minutes seamed to go on for ever. Jees ! was watching it through my fingers at the end.  Mind you 3 pints of Guinness and 2 whiskies in the Newmarket bar and was as right as rain.

2 minutes ago, MetalWolf said:

I suspect we will try to sign edge at the end of the season. 

If we manage to put together a similar second half to the season as last year and finish 8th (or better) then McKinnon absolutely must keep the core of the team for next season because that's where Hartley went wrong. I'd be looking to bring back the vast majority of the January signings.

If we manage to put together a similar second half to the season as last year and finish 8th (or better) then McKinnon absolutely must keep the core of the team for next season because that's where Hartley went wrong. I'd be looking to bring back the vast majority of the January signings.

If we are going to challenge for the league we will need better quality IMO.

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

There will need to be a handful of good quality additions for sure but we should avoid a full rebuild

I'd be looking to hang on to as many as possible out of the following:

Burgoyne

McKenna

Edge

Dixon

McShane

Osman

Waddington

Petra

Rudden

DKD

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Am hearing that Connahs Quay"s star defender knocked you back as he didn't fancy stepping down to a Diddy we club  with a racist, hooligan support, 

Just now, Branch Ton said:

Am hearing that Connahs Quay"s star defender knocked you back as he didn't fancy stepping down to a Diddy we club  with a racist, hooligan support, 

Absolute fucking belter mate. 

Ton have now lost their key player and their key manager this season to some apparent diddy wee club...
Morton must be a really shite club to be a part of......