The Falkirk FC Thread

thought it was this season someone said it had its expiry, the thing with a lot of the players injuries they say its down to the artificial pitch and thats why they are so injury prone or just cant play on it or aggravates a recurring problem.

This is the stats in pitch ratings for championship for last season:

image.png.7b26fdf0fb492c7eeadb895b5693faad.png

It’s the playing surface and crumb that gets changed while the foundation stuff remains in place. Was told a while back that resurfacing costs were about 20% of initial installation costs.

Don’t know if ours is the “best”, but the QotS one is supposedly the equal of ours, yet despite two attempts, it still looks pretty shit by comparison. The likes of Alloa’s is of course, miles off in terms of quality. Of course, it can look crap but be kind to knee joints.

Was just looking at the proposals for the new pitch. Good to see we are leaving ample room for a 4th stand North/South sized between it and the main pitch. Also interesting to see some seating is being included on the east side of the new pitch, surely we can claim this as our fourth side til the East is built? 

34 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It’s the playing surface and crumb that gets changed while the foundation stuff remains in place. Was told a while back that resurfacing costs were about 20% of initial installation costs.

Don’t know if ours is the “best”, but the QotS one is supposedly the equal of ours, yet despite two attempts, it still looks pretty shit by comparison. The likes of Alloa’s is of course, miles off in terms of quality. Of course, it can look crap but be kind to knee joints.

Our pitch was voted the best artificial surface in Scotland last year by the players and was the same Greenfields Mx that you and Queen of the South have. 

Edited by LeodhasXD

Well you need to smoke something to make watching your donkeys at least bearable. 
Finally, an absolute zinger from Branch Ton.... Could this be the start of a new witty and light hearted lease of life for the biggest VL gimp on P&B.....

This poster thinks almost certainly not

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Alloa's surface is cracking. Was upgraded maybe 3 or 4 years ago?

On 2/11/2019 at 14:05, Bairnardo said:

Actually, a lot of the sensible voices in the build up to the case also were saying they werent that arsed about winning the case since it would shine a stronger light on two characters who most would like to see chased from the club.

Those voices were of course dismissed as "getting their excuses in early" and other such shite. Just because you werent listening, doesnt mean no one was saying it.

And of course, you cant discuss the whole situation without acknowledging that this is an anonymous football forum and it was forum gold. It was always going to result in point scoring windup stuff. Rightly so IMO, as I thought it was fucking hilarious.

Big difference between not being arsed about the outcome and manically denying and deflecting at every turn, which is what happened... and still is, to an extent. I was listening very carefully, as it happens, and almost no one -- and almost no one still -- was saying 'we fucked it, we're in the wrong, we'll take our punishment'.  I might have missed one or two, but Back Post Misses is still in a minority among you guys in just acknowledging the basics.

Agree that it's been forum gold... have a hunch it might go platinum...

On 2/11/2019 at 14:06, Duncan Freemason said:

Firstly, no “crimes” committed. I take it you too have read the judgement. If you take it to be factual in every respect, then there is no case to answer. Both sides can cherry pick specific sentences to either condemn Falkirk, or make the entire process look so flawed, the judgement needs to be withdrawn and compiled correctly by someone who knows what they are doing. There is no excuse for any organisation allowing something so error strewn into the public domain.....and we are not talking typos.

If the judgement document is deemed to contain no significant errors, and what it says it what it means, then Falkirk have no case to answer.

Besides, there’s Branch Ton. The gift that keeps on giving.

Ah, taking the word 'crimes' literally in this context... touchy, much?

I'm dead good at reading, me... can even cope with semi-literate gibberish littered with typos and still work out what it's saying. The fact that the judgement statement is a mess doesn't disguise the basics (see above): McKinnon breached his contract, Falkirk FC incompetently abetted in that process and have been fined for doing so (not to mention the slag agent and the bold Raymondo lying like a fucker at the tribunal). It isn't actually that hard.

Of course, as I said, if he saves you from going down (which looks increasingly likely), it will all have been worth it. So why pretend what happened didn't happen?

And say what you like about the one-man wrecking crew that is BranchTon (we salute his indefatigability): he was right from the outset, you lot were wrong.

3 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

The new training pitch should be ready by the summer.

i think, before too long, we’ll be going back to grass.

How long was it installed? 

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Our pitch was voted the best artificial surface in Scotland last year by the players and was the same Greenfields Mx that you and Queen of the South have. 

That's not terribly relevant to the pitch at Falkirk though is it? There won't have been many who played on both last season. 

Was just looking at the proposals for the new pitch. Good to see we are leaving ample room for a 4th stand North/South sized between it and the main pitch. Also interesting to see some seating is being included on the east side of the new pitch, surely we can claim this as our fourth side til the East is built? 

Where can I see the plans?

46 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

That's not terribly relevant to the pitch at Falkirk though is it? There won't have been many who played on both last season. 

About 120 yards or so. :P

If you've missed out the word 'ago', then, I don't know. :unsure: Maybe about 6 years ago?

53 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

3 years ago.

The authors of the survey thought it was since I'm sure it was 12th out of the 42 combined and having played on both in the last 2 years I can assure you ours is better. Saying that it was as good as Falkirk's was when it was laid but the main point is saying the surface is way behind Falkirk's is like defending Paul Hartley's transfer policy. Pish.

3 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

The full size pitch I take it ?

Really hard to judge a pitch that's been taken into the bare minimum

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

The full size pitch I take it ?

Really hard to judge a pitch that's been taken into the bare minimum

I still find plenty space on the park. Don't know what all these players and fans are complaining about:P

Nah seriously though it was a big park and the only bonus is having to cover less ground. I'm with everyone else in that it doesn't suit us and we should have kept it full size.