The Falkirk FC Thread

58 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Drawing or getting beat in Alloa will be really really bad thing, and we all know that it’s hardly been a great hunting ground for us in the past.

Our last 5 results away to Alloa.

Sep 18 Won 2-0

Jan 16 Won 1-0

Sep 15 Drew 1-1

Mar 15 Won 3-1

Nov 14 Won 3-2

What does a good hunting ground look like?

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

Our last 5 results away to Alloa.

Sep 18 Won 2-0

Jan 16 Won 1-0

Sep 15 Drew 1-1

Mar 15 Won 3-1

Nov 14 Won 3-2

What does a good hunting ground look like?

There’s something missing there. Want to add last 7 results to include when we got battered 3-0? I think the one before that was a 0-0. Paints a slightly different picture to last 5, where it looks great 4 wins out of 5, but omits the biggest margin between the sides was the 3-0 to Alloa or the fact that we drew the game before making a more complete picture of 4 wins out of 7. Like I said, it’s not been the happiest of hunting grounds.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

5 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

There’s something missing there. Want to add last 7 results to include when we got battered 3-0? I think the one before that was a 0-0. Paints a slightly different picture to last 5, where it looks great 4 wins out of 5, but omits the biggest margin between the sides was the 3-0 to Alloa or the fact that we drew the game before making a more complete picture of 4 wins out of 7. Like I said, it’s not been the happiest of hunting grounds.

I think last 5 games is suffice. We managed to win, score 2 goals and keep a clean sheet with this team for f**k sake. 

5c591e804e460_Screenshot_20190205-052346_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.2e8adc8f12060f9519aa457b45137bcc.jpg

This does not change the fact that this will still be an extremely tough game, complacency is my fear. Team needs to be right up for it. Should be a good support as well. Time for the team to reciprocate the backing they receive. 

10 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I was on my stag doo when we got pumped off Alloa and that idiot got sent off.

March 2014 or if you prefer nearly 5 years ago when not 1 single player probably is still at either club.

Fail to see how that match helps to make your point or is relevant. I could bring up this game if we want to talk ancient history.

1 minute ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Frankly, none of the previous results are of any relevance as it's essentially a new team. Even alloa have lost good players. Jake Hastie anyway, not sure about others, bit there's bound to be more than one. 

I agree 100%

Just found his comment about us not liking going to Alloa quite something.

I'd struggle to name a better ground for points from our last 5 visits. Including Westfield

33 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

March 2014 or if you prefer nearly 5 years ago when not 1 single player probably is still at either club.

Fail to see how that match helps to make your point or is relevant. I could bring up this game if we want to talk ancient history.

Andy Lawrie was a bit eh a goal machine that season eh.

3 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Ah the good old days, the grass park that had a slope that you could ski jump off, the usual pumping off Falkirk, the east terracing with no gazebo in sight,  and a pish Alloa team, all my childhood memories in one!! 

Edited by Craigy

2 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

I agree 100%

Just found his comment about us not liking going to Alloa quite something.

I'd struggle to name a better ground for points from our last 5 visits. Including Westfield

Even going to 7 games which is pretty arbitrary as well we've only lost once. 

I doubt there'll be many away grounds where weve lost only 1 of the last 7.

16 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Even going to 7 games which is pretty arbitrary as well we've only lost once. 

I doubt there'll be many away grounds where weve lost only 1 of the last 7.

7 isn’t arbitrary. It completes the sequence in terms of seasons (with Saturday rounding it off to 8). 5 was picked to specifically avoid mentioning the heavy defeat and draw that preceded those 5 games. With all respect, I doubt that many consider Alloa as an equivalent of say, Queen of the South or ICT, and it’s somewhere where just about everyone would expect us to win visit by visit in much the same way as we would consider games against Cowdenbeath or Brechin.

31 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

7 isn’t arbitrary. It completes the sequence in terms of seasons (with Saturday rounding it off to 8). 5 was picked to specifically avoid mentioning the heavy defeat and draw that preceded those 5 games.

:lol: I had actually forgot about the hammering as I was on my stag doo and  very drunk.

I picked the last 5 just as a random number with no malice Intent.

All I know is I'd have to go back many years to me witnessing an Alloa home win over us.

Anyway I hope that's the end of the matter and no hard feelings :thumsup2