The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Looking at the table win next week we jump to 8th and if the fifers get beat of Caley then takes us to within a point of them

Only 4 behind them, after gifting them 6 & we've been nothing short of abominable this season!

Oh, how they must  now be feeling the heat, with the Bairns & Jags suddenly finding form?

Edited by kiddy

2 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Only 4 behind them, after gifting them 6 & we've been nothing short of abominable this season!

Oh, how they must  now be feeling the heat, with the Bairns & Jags suddenly finding form?

In an ideal scenario i really would like the Pars and Thistle to be relegated but till we are out the woods take it one game at a time but looking at the league between the bottom and 5th there's only 9 points which results depending isnt that much.

Having watched both us and Ayr play ICT, the thing that stuck for me was that both Ayr and ourselves gift wrapped two goals for ICT. Four big mistakes in two games.

But for those gifts, ICT would have lost both games as they didn’t do enough to pick up the four points without them. I guess today Partick didn’t hand them the same sort of gifts, and won the game.

Those mistakes were ironed out today, and in the Edge, we may have a player who does the biz for McKinnon. If we can build on that, then we just might get a bit of decent momentum behind us.

5 hours ago, Donathan said:

I am absolutely fucking seething that Paton is still on our roster let alone starting

Agree. Think he flatters to deceive, at best, and wouldn't have him near the team. Off the pace, constantly,  and struggled to keep up with anyone running at him ( ie past him)  today, and his "passing" was often more hit and hope then look to blame someone else when it didn't come off (which was a lot)... Nah, not for me.   Don't see any positives in him. Not remotely close to D K-D on any level - now there's a boy that can play. 

Agree. Think he flatters to deceive, at best, and wouldn't have him near the team. Off the pace, constantly,  and struggled to keep up with anyone running at him ( ie past him)  today, and his "passing" was often more hit and hope then look to blame someone else when it didn't come off (which was a lot)... Nah, not for me.   Don't see any positives in him. Not remotely close to D K-D on any level - now there's a boy that can play. 
Thought Paton was lucky not to see red, when getting a yellow for kicking the guy up in the air.

33 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

For fucks sake 

1 hour ago, Bairn Necessities said:

I quite fancy Morton for a cheeky bit of sliding down the league.

Shitey manager and look vulnerable.

When McKinnon came to us I asked McBookie to give me odds on us finishing above Morton. They didn't.

Four points between the bottom four and Morton could well be in the mix as well if their usual late season form kicks in.
Biggest reason for optimism is that we are literally a new and vastly improved squad (we even have a quality keeper) with decent options on the bench when needed.
Thistle also look to have improved though the manager is a cock, Alloa are having a bit of a wobble and could really be in trouble if we take care of them next week and both the Fifers and the diddies have inexperienced managers with modest squads.
It’s not going to be boring!

February is going to be a hell of a month. Alloa away, Ross County away, Dundee United at home.

Dont know what the new expectation should be. A month ago, it was probably three points at most, but now? Obviously RC and DU are the big budget boys, and I am sure DKD won’t be allowed to play against RC, and the Edge will be out versus DU.

Don’t think we will win all three, but three points next week has to be a realistic target, and one more “shock” win against any of the other two would be fantastic. Hopefully no less than 4 points, and anything above that would feel like a wee lottery win.