The Falkirk FC Thread

Burgoyne
McGhee      Dixon    Edjenguélé       Robson
      Waddington   McShane   Osman
                                      DKD
                          Rudden   Todorov
Dont think we’ve got got good enough wingers but if we do go 442 McLean and DKD as wingers

Nae McKenna? Madness

On 2/1/2019 at 10:40, AGPar said:

Bottom line is that we just are not that attractive a proposition at the moment for any player who may have other options. Thought we got off to a good start by signing decent, experienced players like Dixon and McShane and would have liked to have seen a  few more in that mould, but since then it feels like a lot of gambles have been taken again. All a bit scattergun. We've got reasonable numbers, but not convinced about the quality, only time will tell. Beyond Keillor-Dunn (and even that is based on a couple of fleeting cameos) I see precious little creativity in that squad. Cannot see anything other than a real battle over the next three months.

Sadly true....but how on earth has it come to this? 

Falkirk were always at the very least a strong Championship club and at times a Premier League club  , known for powerful defenders, skillful midfielders and  prolific strikers , also bringin through & selling on exciting young players - often beating "big teams" and getting to cup finals.

Now we are a basket case changing our entire team every window.

Was it not Craig Campbell boasting about this new "Brentford Model" strategy at the start of the season - well I need to check but I can't recall Brentford filling their team full of loan signings, free agents & short term misfits.  What's happened?

I do know that Campbell & Lang have presided over an absolute clusterf*ck - from the "you're all racists statement"  to an eye-watering amount of pay offs to managers & duff players, now this bumbling naive recruitment of the current management team,  all with the backdrop of almost always being bottom of an awful league. 

I seriously don't know how they can have the brass neck to turn up every day at FFC.

Falkirk fans have no teeth (at the moment) , we are just the mugs that pay for it all , but when the fans ownership is a reality the first thing we do is get these incompetent muppets out of our club. 

Our identity has been completely lost among all this , lets get it back.  

Edited by Hank von Hell

Even if Campbell and Lang has done nothing else wrong for the last 2 years, they should still have been hunted for falsely painting the fanbase as racists, and for the rank cowardice of not apologising when that turned out to be bullshit.
That should have been the end of both, if we were a properly run club 

Your major shareholders backed her at the AGM. They are culpable in this mess.

On the fan buyout it is going to be interesting to see the plan and what influence or not the want/get.

The club needs continuity and a bit more stability we cant go on with the player turnover but signing a team of duds was never going to help much.  The biggest thing is player continuity signing a new team every 6-12 months is never going to have us anywhere near for contending for promotion with McShane and Mclean i would hope that it gives us a start and somewhere to build on.

On another couple of points i see Harrison has had his contract cancelled by mutual consent.

In other news GC is being criticised for his role in Lennons departure or words to that effect in the words of Kris Boyds article "what does he actually offer" Least it isnt just us he f**ked up.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3825585/neil-lennon-leeann-dempster-hibs-treatment-disgrace-answers-kris-boyd/

George Craig is director of football and Graeme Mathie is head of recruitment. But what do they actually bring to the table?

I do know that Campbell & Lang have presided over an absolute clusterf*ck - from the "you're all racists statement"

They’ve fucked up a lot including the statement over the racist abuse but don’t go exaggerating, the point is lost and we lose focus.
The best way we can have a say on the running of the club is to back the fan ownership scheme. It’s not a quick fix but it is a process that we could eventually have a fair bit of control.

Actually think he’s a bit hazardous. No doubt he will be a great player but I’d rather go with the experience than the young boy.
If you drop McKenna then Robson plays at LB.

Two issues with that, firstly Ray explicitly said he wants Dixon to move out to LB, then back it up by signing a CH.

Secondly, Lyndon Dykes is as much a thorn in our side as Dobbie is when we play the journeymen. We havent had the physicality to deal with him for a long time. Robson playing gives him a very obvious place to go. If we start with a back four of McGhee, McKenna, Edge and Dixon, there is no one who will be bullied by Dykes.

Said in the match thread when we signed him this is one game I dont mind the Edge signing for that reason. He can get physical with Dobbie too. Hopefully we can rough him out the game. We kicked him about a bit last time at Palmerston and although he should have scored that day, he didnt. He had a penalty saved and hit a one on one against the bar. Get the c**t rattled.

Experience isnt the be all and end all either. The experienced Prince Buaben got absolutely and stupidly done by Dobbie to give away a penalty last time out. We just need to be switched on.

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If you drop McKenna then Robson plays at LB.

Two issues with that, firstly Ray explicitly said he wants Dixon to move out to LB, then back it up by signing a CH.

Secondly, Lyndon Dykes is as much a thorn in our side as Dobbie is when we play the journeymen. We havent had the physicality to deal with him for a long time. Robson playing gives him a very obvious place to go. If we start with a back four of McGhee, McKenna, Edge and Dixon, there is no one who will be bullied by Dykes.

Said in the match thread when we signed him this is one game I dont mind the Edge signing for that reason. He can get physical with Dobbie too. Hopefully we can rough him out the game. We kicked him about a bit last time at Palmerston and although he should have scored that day, he didnt. He had a penalty saved and hit a one on one against the bar. Get the c**t rattled.

Experience isnt the be all and end all either. The experienced Prince Buaben got absolutely and stupidly done by Dobbie to give away a penalty last time out. We just need to be switched on.

That’s a good point. If we can keep them both quiet I don’t actually care who plays and I agree Dixon should be out at LB and Tommy should play further up imo as he can beat a man and put in a dangerous cross.

That’s a good point. If we can keep them both quiet I don’t actually care who plays and I agree Dixon should be out at LB and Tommy should play further up imo as he can beat a man and put in a dangerous cross.
See I disagree on the last bit. Im afraid I dont buy Tommy at LM. Would love to see hin prove me wrong as I love him. I dont think he will though.

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

On the fan buyout it is going to be interesting to see the plan and what influence or not the want/get.

And that needs to be nailed down, in black and white, with firm commitment on all sides, before supporters are asked to hand over a penny. Remote, disinterested majority shareholders riding roughshod over supporters at every AGM and blithely re-appointing the likes of Brexit Doug and Shambles Lang to front the mess and take the flak whilst they hide in the background is a primary reason we are where we are. Yesterday's update on the club website almost makes it sound like some glorified TeamBuilder scheme (and I know that is not the aim of those driving it) It needs to be so much more than that. 

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
24 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

See I disagree on the last bit. Im afraid I dont buy Tommy at LM. Would love to see hin prove me wrong as I love him. I dont think he will though.

Think he has all the attributes for being a LM but unfortunately not as a LB.

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

A fair point as far as it goes. If he's not going to play at left back in a 442,then he needs to be tried at left mid, as he's one of the few people in the team with any actual ability or desire to beat a man. 

Might not work, but we have to try it. 

Think a few new guys want to take a man which is refreshing. DKD, Waddington who i thought was outstanding against ICT before he was panting out his arse but Tommy every time wants the ball and go up the pitch and even has a shot from time to time when drifts inside. He definitely should be given a go at wide mid.

Leahy is the obvious example if a succesful adaptation of position. It takes time we dont have though. For now Robson is the standout option if we play a 5. Other than that he could come on at LB and possibly LM to cover injury but I think he is about to face a bit of time on the sidelines

20 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Badly handled by FFC. If this had happened in any other business the HR Director would have been rightly sacked. 

Fair enough, although unsure on what that's got to do with Branchton's alleged smelliness?

53 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, GeordieBairn said:

Best player we have IMO.

I completely agree with Bairnardo's assessment though. He's an excellent WB at this level, just a passable LB and an, as yet, unknown wide left mid. WB is a different role to playing as a winger. The WB gets the chance to see the play unfold in front of him and therefore run in to space that he sees being created. A winger generally receives the ball then needs to start looking to beat people to create the space himself. 

Robson does have the ability to beat a man though (and does regularly) so I would be happy enough with trying him at left mid to see what happens.